Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania Reviews

It's very beautiful and the professors actually care! Whenever I've toured, the staff and students were very polite and helpful. I am so very excited to continue my schooling in SU.
I love this school! Everyday there is something to do, I feel like I am living in a teen college movie. I have visited almost all of the other PA state schools to visit friends, and none compare to Ship and our parties.
I have been accepted to Shippensburg University, this was my number one choice. I loved the campus, their Education program and all the amenities. I am looking forward to exploring the campus when I move in next summer
Start Your Review of Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
A great campus that is still making renovations. Professors, students, and other staff are all happy to help with anything. Very easy to communicate with. I would have given a 5 star but because I recently transferred here, I am still new and learning everything here.
Everyone at Ship is super nice and ready to help you when you need it. There are multiple options for food choices. Most of the class buildings are close to each other so you have time to get to each class you need to. The diversity is incredible. The dorms are super amazing. I don't think there is anything that i would want to change.
While Shippensburg's tuition is very fair for the education you are receiving and access to the updated facilities are great, the culture there is toxic. For a division 2 school, athletes are not dedicated and each sports team only has a couple of good athletes to show for, don't let recruiting fool you. If you enjoy partying and getting drunk, this is the school for you! Admittedly, nights on Richard Ave. are fun, but the culture of drinking every night causes its own set of problems. Police presence is ridiculous, and they hand out underage drinking citations like its candy. If you want alcohol poisoning, join a frat or date someone from a frat. Or hang out with the Track & Field, Lacrosse, or Swim Team. If you go here, don't let the excitement of the night life distract you from classes! But most of all, TALENTED ATHLETES & STUDENTS SHOULD NOT GO HERE.
The school has been great, from our visit, to move in to all of the activities to the classes and professors. There’s always something to do and someone to help.
Ship is lit!!!! The cops dont care about people, the townies dont care about people either. Its like a zoo and we can do whatever.
I’m a junior at Ship and I don’t think I could be happier anywhere else. It is on the smaller side of medium sized schools, but student involvment is huge. The greek presence here is huge, and practically run the school. The athletics are also good, especially for just a state school. There are parties every day of the week, day drinking everyday, wibs every night too. I feel like I am still getting a good education while still getting to party like the bigger schools do. My only complaint is that greek life needs more housing.
There are many things I like about Shippensburg University. It has a nice sized campus, its not too big or too small. All the professors are very kind and understanding and will do anything to help you. There are many things to become involved in on campus which I also enjoy. The food is isn't the best but it could be a lot worse. And one of the most important things to me is that I feel safe.
I like the people and some of the teachers. There are only a few things that bother me. The school is not big. The food isn't great. There is only a small town outside of the campus. Police are cracking down on parties. The campus is dry, so no alcohol allowed. The dorms are way too expensive when the off-campus housing is almost half of the on-campus price. However, the school has many accreditations. The people are great. Lots of people help with charities. We have pretty good athletics teams that consistently win.
Shippensburg University has great programs that fit my needs in Communications. I have found my niche in the basketball as well as in other sports leagues in the community. I am happy I chose this to be my college home and look forward to continue going here.
Ship has a friendly atmosphere and very welcoming to all of its students. I love meeting new people and having the opportunity to learn with them.
I absolutely love my university and all of its fun events, people, academics, and opportunities to thrive.
People often say that Shippensburg University has something for everyone, and after spending 4 years on and around campus I would have to agree. With hundreds of clubs, sports teams, and constant free activities, it is truly difficult to be bored. Coupled with amazing accredited academic programs and professors with real-life experience in their respective subjects, it is easy to see that Ship is it!
As someone who grew up being homeschooled, Shippensburg University has allowed me to meet new people from different backgrounds and meet some of the greatest friends I have ever had.
Shippensburg is small enough where you can get to know the community and make the school feel like home. There is a good atmosphere for learning.
Start Your Review of Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
Shippensburg University creates a community that provides a home-away-from-home feel. It is big enough that you do not feel like you are constantly seeing the same people, but small enough that you will see a familiar face as you walk across campus. It provided me the opportunity to become an independent woman as I earned my degree.
This school is definitely a second home to me. The residence halls are very nice and the RA's are very involved. There are many social events to go to such as movie night, bingo, skating, laser tag, and dances. The professors are very hands on, they want to see you strive for greatness and want to help you as much along the way. The only thing I would consider changing is the food, they make the best food for open house, but when all the families leave, it goes back to mediocre food. If you want a home away from home and to feel
a part of something this is definitely the school for you.
Shippensburg University is a great school to get an education. They are an accredited school for business which was a must for me. Some of my favorite classes I have taken would be Business Law, WIFYS, and Accounting. I really liked the insight Business law gave me. It made me realize that everything you do may have a consequence which is not always in your best interest.