Shepherd University Reviews

Shepherd University provides a very pleasant environment. The student life is vibrant and the classes are very advanced. Although I am just now transferring to this school full time, I have gained a bit of part time experience here and it was definitely something I had to adjust to. Going from Community College to a University is quite the transition, but Shepherd University makes it a worthy one.
I think shepherd was a great place for me to get my bachelors at. I chose shepherd living close to the region, and the university delivered everything I expected it to. I think some other students get mad because they don't want to work hard - so this school isn't the place for a easy degree but that makes being a graduate from here even more valuable.
Something the school really can't help is the town police department really sucks - if you park in the downtown, even if you pay your meter- be prepared for the town police to find a way to give your car a ticket. My advice - never risk it. Always park on campus it is worth it -
Overall Shepherd University is a great place for young adults to further their education. As a student at shepherd I feel that I have the resources I need to excel in my courses. Also, Shepherd makes me feel safe and at home. All students and administration are kind and caring to each other.
Start Your Review of Shepherd University
I currently am a senior at Shepherd University and I really like the small community in Shepherdstown. The only thing I really dislike about Shepherd is that it is not a Christian University. It used to be, but now they have strayed away from God so much that it is discouraging. However, the professors and students are very friendly, but I disagree with the evolutionary standpoint of the curriculum. Overall, I would say that my experience is very good simply because I have not gone to any other university before to compare.
Shepherd University is like a second home to me. The location is great, there isn't too many people, and it is beautiful. The history behind it adds to the beauty. The professors are kind, and understand you are there for a reason.
Shepherd University has a beautiful campus. The small town of Shepherdstown, West Virginia provides a quiet, nice environment in which to expand one's knowledge in one's studies. Throughout my experience thus far, Shepherd University has provided me with very helpful resources and commendable staff members.
Great school. The classes are small, so the professors learn your name and actively communicate with their students.
Shepherd University is a great school as far as academics go. However, other aspects make the school less appealing. Only liberal views are encouraged by the school, professors, and most of the students. Students with other views are strongly encouraged to keep their opinions to themselves. Up to $1,000 in athletic fees are charged to every student regardless of their participation in sports or other events.
I believe the Admissions Staff and Faculty are amazing. They are very prompt and they know what they are doing. I would like to see more financial aid opportunities and a little better communication.
Make it more about the students than about making money. Seems many people do not graduate after 4 years and need to take addition class due to scheduling conflicts and poor advising.
Shepherd university is a nice school in a very pretty part of West Virginia. The professors are nice but parking here is a daily struggle
I extremely LOVE Shepherd University. Its an easy, adapting environment and an extremely safe and small campus. The campus reminds me of my high school because of the class sizes. Also the atmosphere at Shepherd University makes me feel as if I am home.
Shepherd is a growing college in a beautiful setting. They make it easy to get additional help by teachers and tutors if needed. So far my professors have been knowledgeable and consistent.
I love Shepherd University and the town of Shepherdstown. I call Shepherdstown home now. Shepherd University was a perfect fit for me. I would not change a thing about my choice in the University. Let's go Rams!
Shepherd is a nice school, there just aren't enough professors and some of them make their course harder than it should be... the food isn't that great.
I spent 5 years at Shepherd and didn't graduate with a degree. The school doesn't want to take the time to help their students. The professors are the same way. They are either lazy and can't do their jobs or they show up to lecture and then leave and won't respond to emails or questions.
I love Shepherd University. The small town of Shepherdstown is amazing to explore. Classes are small and most students are nice. There's always something going on at the campus from free shows to moves. We even get free food and coffee on occasion from groups at the college.
Start Your Review of Shepherd University
There is a wonderful job/internship program at Shepherd, I have had a first hand experience because i was in the co-op program. If you want an internship, you're guaranteed one when you sign up for the program which also a class you get credit for. Honestly, I'm not sure about recruiting or the career services on campus.
There's a lot of classes available for this being a small school and campus. The nursing and teaching department are excellent. The class sizes are small, at max you might have 30 kids in one class. I think there is a shortage of professor though, I'm a FACS major and I have the same professor for all of my FACS classes. That same professor is also my adviser.
The school is a little scary at night, campus becomes very dark and personally I make it my mission to park in a spot closest to my building when I have night classes. I do see police officers almost every single time I'm outside, they're familiar faces and very nice officers.