Shepherd University Reviews

I'm currently a member of Shepherd University's Dual Enrollment program. I'm taking classes there while still being in high school. The professors are really understanding and you will never be left out in the cold by the staff.
Love the feeling of being a small school and creating close friendships. The sports here also give us team spirit and we’re proud of how good our teams are.
Shepherd is a nice campus with an awesome location (as long as you enjoy the outdoors and are not a city person).

The classes are not too large and it is clear the professors care about the students.

Overall I recommend this University.
Start Your Review of Shepherd University
The strong academics and student-focused learning are what make Shepherd a good place to learn. For students who prefer small class sizes and opportunities to interact with a variety of people, the college and surrounding town are a plus.
I am so happy that I chose Shepherd. The school is small enough that I can get to know people and professors well, and I can get around easily. But its also large enough that there are endless opportunities for me to succeed in different organizations. I love it!
Thus far, I have been disappointed about how things are handled and treated at this school. Many things are not taken seriously and lead students to leave / transfer to other schools.
I am a student at Shepherd University, and the diversity is what sticks out to me the most. Coming from West Virginia and being a West Virginia school, I expected little diversity and little acceptance. However, many students I met are from out of state, and chose Shepherd University because of its sports, academics, and overall inclusiveness.
I love that Shepherd has the town next to it that a student can visit and that there are tons of activities to participate in. I wish that the university was better about canceling classes before the weather gets too bad though. I once got to classes the day a bad snowstorm was predicted and classes weren’t canceled until the weather got bad, even though surrounding school districts canceled and it was guaranteed by the weather forecasters.
I liked how hands on the professors are, as well as the workers. People and students are very friendly and it starts to feel like a big family.
Shepherd University provides a very pleasant environment. The student life is vibrant and the classes are very advanced. Although I am just now transferring to this school full time, I have gained a bit of part time experience here and it was definitely something I had to adjust to. Going from Community College to a University is quite the transition, but Shepherd University makes it a worthy one.
I think shepherd was a great place for me to get my bachelors at. I chose shepherd living close to the region, and the university delivered everything I expected it to. I think some other students get mad because they don't want to work hard - so this school isn't the place for a easy degree but that makes being a graduate from here even more valuable.
Something the school really can't help is the town police department really sucks - if you park in the downtown, even if you pay your meter- be prepared for the town police to find a way to give your car a ticket. My advice - never risk it. Always park on campus it is worth it -
Overall Shepherd University is a great place for young adults to further their education. As a student at shepherd I feel that I have the resources I need to excel in my courses. Also, Shepherd makes me feel safe and at home. All students and administration are kind and caring to each other.
I currently am a senior at Shepherd University and I really like the small community in Shepherdstown. The only thing I really dislike about Shepherd is that it is not a Christian University. It used to be, but now they have strayed away from God so much that it is discouraging. However, the professors and students are very friendly, but I disagree with the evolutionary standpoint of the curriculum. Overall, I would say that my experience is very good simply because I have not gone to any other university before to compare.
Shepherd University is like a second home to me. The location is great, there isn't too many people, and it is beautiful. The history behind it adds to the beauty. The professors are kind, and understand you are there for a reason.
Shepherd University has a beautiful campus. The small town of Shepherdstown, West Virginia provides a quiet, nice environment in which to expand one's knowledge in one's studies. Throughout my experience thus far, Shepherd University has provided me with very helpful resources and commendable staff members.
Great school. The classes are small, so the professors learn your name and actively communicate with their students.
Shepherd University is a great school as far as academics go. However, other aspects make the school less appealing. Only liberal views are encouraged by the school, professors, and most of the students. Students with other views are strongly encouraged to keep their opinions to themselves. Up to $1,000 in athletic fees are charged to every student regardless of their participation in sports or other events.
Start Your Review of Shepherd University
I believe the Admissions Staff and Faculty are amazing. They are very prompt and they know what they are doing. I would like to see more financial aid opportunities and a little better communication.
Make it more about the students than about making money. Seems many people do not graduate after 4 years and need to take addition class due to scheduling conflicts and poor advising.
Shepherd university is a nice school in a very pretty part of West Virginia. The professors are nice but parking here is a daily struggle