High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.40 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.47 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.47 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.57 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.31 responses
Shepherd University Reviews
I am so happy that I chose Shepherd. The school is small enough that I can get to know people and professors well, and I can get around easily. But its also large enough that there are endless opportunities for me to succeed in different organizations. I love it!
I attend Shepherd University and fun fact it's one of the most haunted towns in America and we have a tv show. It's a small campus in a quaint town. I love the vibes and feelings while walking to class to hanging out around campus, everyone is so nice and you pass smile after smile. You really start to feel at home there because of the family you build and comfort of the town. There's lots of school spirit and fun themed days to boast moral like hot coco day, peanut butter and jelly day, Popsicle day, and so much more. There's little spots to eat around town and lots of hiking opportunities. The professors are kind and easy to talk to. The small class size is one of my favorite things because all of my professors know my name and we form a nice student teacher relationship. I would chose my school a million times over again due to the unique small town features, great professors, beautiful scenery, and school activities. You are encouraged to be yourself and have a free spirit here!
Honestly, I love Shepherd University. I am a college sophomore as of the fall of 2016, and I have had the experience of a life time already. My school is small and easy to get around, yet comfortable and safe. I would never choose a different university to attend, because the professors are genuinely caring and effective at teaching the material. I have formed close knit bonds with most of professors, and the advisors have helped me get thirteen credits ahead of my peers as a sophomore, so I can graduate early. I changed my major from psychology to political science, and I have received emails about internships, scholarships, financial aid and other opportunities involved with my newly selected major. Many people always assume that West Virginia University is the best school in West Virginia, but I'd have to disagree because my school is the perfect choice for me. I'll stand by my opinion always as a Shepherd Ram!