Shenandoah University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Methodist
NCAA Division III (with football)
Old Dominion Athletic Conference
Shenandoah University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.70 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.72 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.73 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management55 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration28 Graduates
Exercise Physiology28 Graduates
Respiratory Care Therapy17 Graduates
Music Performance16 Graduates
Music Teacher Education16 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management15 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.57 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.84 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.44 responses
Shenandoah University Reviews
I have loved my time at Shenandoah! The staff and faculty are all extremely passionate about their specialties. They are open and will sit down and have a heart to heart conversation with you. The campus is warm and inviting, the student life is full of energy and opportunities for involvement. We all come together for the homecoming football games in the fall, and the breathtaking conservatory performances all year round. My favorite time of the year on campus is just before Winter break when campus is all decorated with red and blue Christmas lights. And then there's always the Apple Blossom festival at the end of the spring semester.
I like that Shenandoah University has a beautiful campus and is in a very safe area in Winchester, Virginia. I like that the Shenandoah River is nearby and Abraham's creek flows right through campus. I am a part of the conservatory at Shenandoah University and I admire all the incredibly talented artists who attend this school to pursue their passion in the fine arts. I believe we have strong academics and through the extra domain of general education we are encouraged to become well-rounded, knowledgeable learners. I also love that Shenandoah University has Division 3 athletics. The sports are competitive but no where near as much as a Division 1 school. The school is very small and we are lucky to have athletics at all! I would like to see better facilities especially for the dance students. I am a dancer myself and I often get shin splints from unsprung floors. Also, with the amount of choreographing/composition we have to do, we should have facilities open to us at all times.
Shenandoah was a wonderful school to visit! Their conservatory program looked very competitive and prestigious, which is exactly what I am looking for! Their dorms were fabulous and so were their facilities. The students I encountered on campus were fantastic to meet and I cannot wait to go back again in February for my Conservatory audition!