- 4 Year
- WINCHESTER, VA
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Read Our Recent COVID-19 Campus Communications See past communications distributed to the university community regarding Shenandoah's response to the coronavirus. https://www.su.edu/blog/category/health/coronavirus/ Learn More
- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade B
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade A minus
- Dormsgrade B
- Campus Foodgrade C+
- Student Lifegrade A minus
- Safetygrade B+
Shenandoah Unviersity is a private, nationally-ranked university that blends professional career experiences with broad-based education. We invite you to join our close-knit community, which is rich in creative energy and intellectual challenge.
Shenandoah University educates and inspires individuals to be critical, reflective thinkers; lifelong learners; and ethical, compassionate citizens who are committed to making responsible contributions within a community, a nation, and the world.
Shenandoah University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 70 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 76 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 77 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing138 Graduates
- Business57 Graduates
- Biology45 Graduates
- Exercise Physiology41 Graduates
- Psychology41 Graduates
- Music Performance26 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration24 Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management20 Graduates
- Communications16 Graduates
- Public Health16 Graduates
- Mix of Online and on Campus15%
- On Campus85%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 61 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 88 responses
- Small class sizes30%
- Determined : to help every student succeed20%
- Money grubbing corporation7%
- Home away from home2%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 44 responses
Shenandoah University Reviews
Before I ever even put in an application, the counselors were incredibly kind and so helpful. They answered every question I had, always had great communication, arranged my own tour of the facilities, and overall made me feel extremely supported.
That is what made me choose this program over the others I was considering. And that same support for me as an interest carried right over to me as a student.
You really can tell how much the professors care about the students and truly want us to succeed. Whether it's providing lecture recordings, offering ample office hours, replying to emails quickly, or simply listening to our concerns, the faculty here truly goes the extra mile for their students, and that is something I do not take for granted.
Shenandoah has a wonderful program and I recommend it to anyone considering this school.
However, campus/social life wasn't the best for me my 4 years there, especially as someone that grew up in a large city. Winchester felt small as did the campus and available activities. The dorms at that time felt older, however recently they have made many improvements to campus. While I feel like I may have thrived more at a bigger campus (like where I ended up studying abroad), this would be a great fit for a student who is looking for a small, tight knit community.