1. Ullin, IL
  2. 2 Year

Shawnee Community College Reviews

My experience at Shawnee community college was fantastic. It's not a university but I feel that its a start. Its getting me ready for a bigger university. The professors were very helpful and they well always there. What I really liked about Shawnee the most was the classes.
Shawnee Community College is a small college located in rural Southern Illinois. It's offerings to local high school students make it stand apart from others and its classes and class sizes are reasonable for a beginner college student.
could not have chosen a better school to start back with - instructors and faculty and students are all very helpful and cheerful on a daily basis very good learning atmosphere felt very comfortable right AWAY did not feel embarrassed to ask for help
the courses are challenging and the homework is modest where it is easily done with a little effort and studying
awesome fitness center, student center, library, and a large selection of club and organizations to join
  • Campus
Shawnee College is awesome and everyone tries to help those in need
students who care about each other and who stick together when they need to be stuck together.
simply amazing. Each program has an internship process that helps you find a job while you are finishing up your education.
  • Value
it is one of the most challenging courses that I have ever had and I love it
the professors, the topics, and the workload as well as the tutors that are available for free to help you in anything you might have a need for is amazing.
this is a wonderful college where the instructors care about their students, and the financial aid office bends over backwards to help students find money to go to college
  • Value
my classes have been good, it just a change my major so now i have to take more classes. i like all my classes
i havent had any problem with anybody, most of the time i get a group of student to study with me. right now, i am helping one of my classmate with math so far his doing good
i like their science program and instructors communication. i like the environment and everyone is friendly. i feel very welcome the college everyday
I have had a chance to really experience the environment to much but i believe it offering one of the top schools for computer science/ Game development i can assume that there resources are extensive.
  • College Student
  • July 10 2013
  • Campus
The online courses differ only that you don't have a classroom. You can still communicate with your instructor thru email and phone
The tuition at this college is very affordable and the financial aid office is always willing to answer any questions i have and supply me with any applications to fill out for financial aid.
  • College Sophomore
  • Apr 30 2013
  • Value
The computers are available, when there is not a class present. There are alot of computer labs at the school, but the printers are not reliable. They are constantly not working, so the main area to go to is the library to print. Wireless access is free to anyone, the speed is slow in most areas of the school.
  • College Senior
  • Mar 13 2013
  • Campus
Every body has their cliques. It's just like another high school really. There is diversity of different ethnic such as black, white and very few hispanics. I'm social, i do not have a particular clique I conversate with each and everybody. I believe some people are accepted but most people are like if i do not know you then i will not make conversation.
Our School are not really big on Sports. We are more focused on our students making it somewhere and doing something with their lives. The library is not taken as serious as it should be. Campus Activities are not focused on, people rarely get involved.
  • College Senior