Shaw University Reviews

Overall, I have loved my expierence here as a Shaw Bear. I do hope the school becomes more organized. It’s unorginzation sometimes causes students unnecessary stress.
I love my school! It’s not to large, the campus is beautiful aside from some minor downfalls, and the faculty and staff make it feel Very welcoming. Two things that can be changed, is the conditions of the dorm facilities, and the cafe food.
If you receive any sort of scholarship from Shaw make sure it is received in writing from the school itself. The school likes to promise the coaches less money than they want to give out. I committed to play soccer at Shaw, and then after the deadline for most colleges, I was informed that my scholarship was cancelled. And it happened to band students in the past. Last but not least it is an absolute chore to contact anybody at the school.
Start Your Review of Shaw University
I really enjoyed my time at Shaw University. I really liked the fact that the class size is smaller than bigger colleges/universities. Your professors get to really know you by name and face; you are not just a number at Shaw University.
What most people would say about Shaw is that the athletic and wary dent kid is what makes this school great. Although more student activities would be better for the school, the athletics make up for the school pride. On the education side, classes are not too challenging but teachers will help you if you really want that higher grade. Campus dorms are not the cleanest but the people living in the dorm makes up for the student living. Safety is always an issue on campus. The university will not do anything until an incident happens. Overall the school is pretty decent.
Awesome HBCU!!! Satellite campuses need to be well equipped. A lot of there financial offices don’t have the information needed for tution
My experience at Shaw as a soon to be first year student was good , I love the environment, and how well the staffs knows their student. I would recommend anyone who is looking into a small HBCU to try Shaw.
I love how diverse Shaw University is, I’ve met many friendly people here and I love the campus its very well put together.
My experience is alright it has its ups and downs. It is what you make it to be. The academics are good and the athletics are fine. It is just the dorms and the food. It needs to be improved a lot if they want people to continue to come here. Due to it not being kept up well a lot of people end up transferring. Some days none of the elevators in the dorm work and some days all of the showers are cold. The food has no type of flavor at all. They don't do anything to improve it.
Shaw University is a prestigious HBCU and the one of the first hbcus in the south in 1865. I love my school and I love the scenery of the town. The professors are fantastic especially my advisor. She has been a professor for a few of my classes and I like her a lot. I wouldn't change anything.
Shaw university is a good school to attend. They have a program for working adults to be able to earn a degree. They have a excellent education program. The professors are concerned about their students academic success. They go above and beyond for their students. Although i don't live on campus i am on campus for classes. I believe the campus could use beautification.
I first attended Shaw back in Fall of 2010 and I left for all the wrong reasons, when I got a chance to come back I went for it, it hasn't been easy but I wouldn't change my decision for anything.
Very helpful community classes are not that big so teachers are able to help and connect with you more
Overall my experience at shaw university has been great. I have ran into some money obstacles with the school but they worked with me and resolved my problems. I genuinely love my HBCU, you have a lot of professors who love their job and students who are willing to help you with your work.
As a sophomore at Shaw, I always felt at ease on the campus. Just like any campus, it is diverse, interactive and always outgoing. Everyone on campus knows each other because the school is so small. I enjoy the classes because professors are always interacting with students and the library has available resources. Located in the downtown Raleigh area, students can always find something to occupy themselves with on or off campus. One thing I will love to see changed at Shaw will be the lunch menu to serve more healthier meals and the dorms. Students complain about toilets breaking down, elevators being out of service, showers running cold water or being flooded. One time my team mate's room flooded because one of the bathroom water systems broke which caused water to run through out the night and flooding nearby rooms. I understand the building is very old which requires constant maintenance but other than that I am enjoying my time at Shaw.
The main thing I enjoyed was the fact that I made friends with the same intentions. We all came to Shaw with high hopes of becoming more than what we were now. Shaw is a pretty average school, but to me it really doesn't have a lot to offer.
there is nothing I would change about shaw University . I love the staff,students, and campus overall. its just a great school to attend
Start Your Review of Shaw University
Shaw is a great place to network and earn a degree. The faculty supports you deeply and there are a vast of opportunities for students to engage with.
Shaw University is a wonderful school to attend. Growing up at Shaw University made me more comfortable and social more. The professors here are great and they will work with you through everything. Accepting that fact we have a big tuition they give us more options for fun. Shaw University is built for a family and we will always be that way.
Shaw University is very old school who is unorganized. The staff are rude half of time people are sitting in office want answer phones want email you back or nothing. My mom had to email president to get information. There system is old no direct deposit nobody telling you anything about where your money is going. The rooms do not have cable wifi have of time don't work. The charges for this school is crazy. All extra money they make you pay. I will be attending another college in spring due to these compliants.