Shaw University Reviews

I first attended Shaw back in Fall of 2010 and I left for all the wrong reasons, when I got a chance to come back I went for it, it hasn't been easy but I wouldn't change my decision for anything.
Very helpful community classes are not that big so teachers are able to help and connect with you more
Overall my experience at shaw university has been great. I have ran into some money obstacles with the school but they worked with me and resolved my problems. I genuinely love my HBCU, you have a lot of professors who love their job and students who are willing to help you with your work.
Start Your Review of Shaw University
As a sophomore at Shaw, I always felt at ease on the campus. Just like any campus, it is diverse, interactive and always outgoing. Everyone on campus knows each other because the school is so small. I enjoy the classes because professors are always interacting with students and the library has available resources. Located in the downtown Raleigh area, students can always find something to occupy themselves with on or off campus. One thing I will love to see changed at Shaw will be the lunch menu to serve more healthier meals and the dorms. Students complain about toilets breaking down, elevators being out of service, showers running cold water or being flooded. One time my team mate's room flooded because one of the bathroom water systems broke which caused water to run through out the night and flooding nearby rooms. I understand the building is very old which requires constant maintenance but other than that I am enjoying my time at Shaw.
The main thing I enjoyed was the fact that I made friends with the same intentions. We all came to Shaw with high hopes of becoming more than what we were now. Shaw is a pretty average school, but to me it really doesn't have a lot to offer.
there is nothing I would change about shaw University . I love the staff,students, and campus overall. its just a great school to attend
Shaw is a great place to network and earn a degree. The faculty supports you deeply and there are a vast of opportunities for students to engage with.
Shaw University is a wonderful school to attend. Growing up at Shaw University made me more comfortable and social more. The professors here are great and they will work with you through everything. Accepting that fact we have a big tuition they give us more options for fun. Shaw University is built for a family and we will always be that way.
Shaw University is very old school who is unorganized. The staff are rude half of time people are sitting in office want answer phones want email you back or nothing. My mom had to email president to get information. There system is old no direct deposit nobody telling you anything about where your money is going. The rooms do not have cable wifi have of time don't work. The charges for this school is crazy. All extra money they make you pay. I will be attending another college in spring due to these compliants.
It has been a fun and great new experience so far, the food is great the people are okay but I would to like to see some improvements on the academic part
Shaw University is an excellent school. I believe that Shaw University is one of the greatest schools for ambition and progress towards my goals. I feel confident about being here and feeling safe. Everyone that I have met so far has a welcoming spirit about them. I see the way the staff respect each other as well as the students. The environment is very diverse. We have students from all walks of life. I also believe as an athlete that I have much to offer when it come to football on and off the field. I am truly gone enjoy my time here at Shaw University.
Shaw University is a very good potential school that needs to expand more, very great lenient teachers who do take time to work with you and classes are very small making it easier with one on one learning.
Looking at all the academics and everything at Shaw University its a really good school to look at far as where to go to college
I will be a freshman this upcoming school year so I can only rate about my experience during my campus orientation. The staff and students were very friendly and helpful answering all of my questions. Being that I graduated from a private school and stayed on campus, it felt like home with a familiar environment . This transition from high school to college will be a breeze!
My freshmen year of college was not like I thought it would be it feel like I was still at home. So of the thing I like about Shaw University is that the teachers know you by names not by number and the people there will help you out and its easy . I would like to change the dorms and some of the rules.
I really love the campus and the size of the school! I would love to see the school raise more money and possible get a on campus football field. Also, I would like to see some new science technology. I think we are on the right track with our new president Dr.Dabroy!
One thing I like about Shaw is the one on one time we can get with the professors compared to a more bigger college. One thing I dislike is the cafe food. Other than that you just have to stay involved and stay focus.
Start Your Review of Shaw University
The thing i like about shaw is that there cheerleading squad is amazing. The one thing that i would like to see again at shaw is all the geek squad come out.
Shaw University is very diverse. Me coming from New York I look forward to being around that type of environment. Just because Shaw University is A HBCU, it doesn't mean that only black students attend. I've met great friends so far and gained a lot of knowledge and experience in just short amount of time. If I can change one thing about Shaw University it would be that they offered more extra curricular activities because it is important to keep students involved.
I love attending shaw and meeting new people and learning new things and the professor they really do help you when you need help from them