Shasta College Reviews

This college has some great dedicated teachers, especially in the science department. The campus is located on the outskirts of town and has a lot of room to roam. That being said, it's pretty far from any commodities, like food and easy commutes. You're stuck with the cafeteria. The buildings are a mix of new and dilapidated. They put all their money into renovating and building giant new buildings for administration and library, but made no advances in the actual classrooms. The lecture halls are very old, crafty, and looks like it hasn't been updated from the 60's. Students don't really benefit day to day on their "renovations".
BUT its affordable and teachers are great.
Great school, Extremely helpful and supportive towards their students. Students receive a great education and the chance to experience sports and several amazing clubs around the campus.
Shasta College has been a wonderful experience. The campus is beautiful, located in northern California, it is surrounded by large trees and a great view of Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen. Every professor I have had, puts the students first and does everything in their power to help students succeed.
Start Your Review of Shasta College
As a current student enrolled in Shasta College I can say that I am truly happy with the return on investment. Shasta College offers a relatively low tuition rate, making each semester affordable. Also, Shasta College offers many great trade options and certifications with a high success and accomplishment rate.
I've really liked attending Shasta College a lot. Living at the dorms is extremely convenient, because it makes rolling out of bed and getting to classes simple, and you can't ever have the excuse of not being able to find a time to get help on campus or from a professor. I have met so many people at the dorms and in my classes who are very driven and help me to continue doing well in school. The imporvements that could be made would be a more diverse amount of clubs and organizations, and a musical during the school year instead of making it during the summer so students are less likely to participate.
Printers to use at the downtown campus location for students to print from the computer lab and not just run copies. So many students there have projects weekly that need that access. As of right now, here is only one printer available for making copies and there are over 300 students that use the building.
I like the low class sizes, and from my experience the teachers have been very nice and flexible. They teach well and seem to know what they're doing.
Over all, during my time at Shasta College, I found it to be an upbeat environment. They're rather accepting of many individuals there and they help you feel right at home.
This college is friendly. The only thing need to change probably just need a map in campus because it is quite complicate when the first time you walk in.
It is what it is for a community college with little diversity, dominated by Bethel, in a hotbed of backwoods conservatism. Redding needs a proper four year institution, but you can still learn quite a bit if you're devoted.
Shasta College is a wonderful 2-year community college. It's been a pleasantly surprising experience overall. From the admissions department to the teaching staff, everyone is committed to their students. They are hardworking, dedicated, and passionate about what they are doing at Shasta College. There are students of all ages here, but that doesn't affect the attention each person gets from staff and faculty. Everyone matters and everyone is believed in. I can name a number of students who thought they would never leave Redding, CA. Yet, because of the care and attention given by their professors and counselor, they are now attending schools like Harvard, Columbia University and UCLA. I am proud that I was able to spend a few years here at Shasta College.
It has been a truly enriching experience, and it is a perfect pathway for transferring to a four-year university at a fraction of the cost. The teachers are great, the campus is wonderful and the staff are always helpful in assisting students to the best of their ability. The Student Senate is a great place for student Services and to rent out free books for the semester. It has been a great few years for me and now I am finally ready to transfer to another school to obtain my bachelors. Will miss the school and the people in it.
Great school with great healthcare programs. Affordable! I love the downtown campus it is close to everything. Professors are great.
I had some really great and helpful professors and some that were not so great. Redding is beautiful with mountains and lakes, the weather is great. The people are not as amazing. The college campus has a lot of nature, but isn't very nice. The classes I've taken have a lot of older people so making friends was kind of difficult. The staff is kind and ready to help.
Shasta College overall is a perfect place to receive a great education and be saving money simultaneously. The more involved you are, the better your experience. Great professors, however, at times the environment can be a bit demotivating.
Shasta College has been such a wonderful experience for me personally, Since i have been In rolled the people who i have had the pleasure of meeting and who have helped me along the way have been nothing but kind. But someone who i think deserves to be mentioned the most is Julie Fisher, Julie who works in the veterans service office has all ways been very kind to me and to anyone I've seen her help whenever I have had any question she is all ways willing to help me and put in as much effort as she can. And for that i am very grateful and i would defiantly recommend anyone to come to Shasta college weather that be for the Staff, the food, or the overall atmosphere.
Resources at this college are plenty, and the staff have provided excellent admissions and counselor support for me to achieve my academic goals. Scheduling of courses is such that I'm typically able to cobble together a school schedule that fits into my life comfortably enough. I've had great experiences with most of the professors during school and office hours. I've learned something significant from every professor I've taken a course with--they've helped me to locate and direct areas of weakness in my study and help me to keep my GPA impressive.
Start Your Review of Shasta College
Overall Shasta College is an average school, It has all the basic requirements of a community college. There are however a few places that it shines. Shasta college is a very inexpensive school that draws people from all different ages. It has classes all day Monday- Friday to accommodate a working schedule. It even offers online classes. The college also has a very good nursing program, but it usually has a wait-list. The professors overall are adequate some are good and some are not. I would recommend this school to anyone who did not have much time or money, but wanted to further their education in Northern California.
I truly do love Shasta College, the professors are very helpful. The class sizes are very small and are not intimidating.
The school isn't very interactive, but it is very beautiful. The teachers do a great job at their jobs, but nothing feels personal. The campus is insanely quiet in all places and at all times.An effort is made to put on several events, however the participation rate is very low. Therefore, there isn't much stimulus.