Shasta College Reviews

Shasta college is a small quiet community college for the local kids to attend, or the lower class to get more money from financial aid and live off the system. The only thing really going for this school is the athletics are semi good. Many kids come from all over to play football which the football program has been doing very well for several years now. All the other athletics have good programs allowing a lot of athletes an opportunity to play. The teachers are another positive part about this school. The teachers are very helpful, provide for a fun learning experience, and honestly care about their students. Other than the academics and athletics this school has a very sleepy vibe, not a whole lot of school spirit, or activities to get the students involved. The other faculty, admissions office, is pretty much worthless, very little help or guidance for the students, takes forever to be seen by a counselor, and little to almost no help in the transfer center.
Shasta College has really surprised me. I've never been to a community college before and am really impressed with the school. It offers a lot of great financial assistance, lots of great programs and the teachers are excellent. I'm really impressed with this school!
Easy to navigate campus, friendly staff. Borrowing books and tutoring are always available. Quick and efficient counseling appointments. Campus is very diverse and security is available, the only downfall with security is they can take a long time to respond. The instructors are all very well informed and passionate about teaching, I have never taken a class with a bad instructor.
Review Shasta College
Overall, I enjoyed Shasta College. I liked the staff and was able to get my General Ed done while being involved with sports.
Shasta College is a great college for high school graduates to start out at. Shasta College has a very simple website for anyone who is not extremely tech savvy it is okay! The things needed on the website are all clearly labeled and visible. The campus is also very easy to navigate! The whole campus is basically one big circle. The buildings are numbered according to the circle which makes it easy to find the building you are looking for. The staff is very friendly and are helpful. Shasta college also has a wide range of classes that helps students begin in the field of study they choose.
For a 2 year college, it's a wonderful place. It has good programs, and almost all of the teachers actually care actually about you as person. I have had negative experiences, but only with one teacher, and a few students. I have had an overall great experience here.
Shasta College is a great starting point for new students uncertain about what they want to do moving forward in their life.
What I like about Shasta College was that there are very good teachers there that help out the students
Shasta college so far has been a great experience for me and I've met a lot of great people along the way including teachers and students. I'm just getting my general education for right now at a great and reasonable price.
Returned at 50 years old to take there heavy equipment operators class going for my cert finish in 2 semesters. Getting a lic also crane cert
I like the way they care for the students and the dicipline that they practice everyday,teachers try their best for the students to understand the class the objective of the class and that working in groups increase your ability to make more friends and get controuble with your class
For me, Shasta College has been very convenient--not only close to my residence but I've been able to get the classes I need at workable times.
I've been very happy with the quality of the courses I've taken, the classes offered, and impressed with the professionality of the professors.
It seems like there are a fair number of returning or older students like me who are coming to gain credentials for career opportunities, and a degree from Shasta is considered in the community as valid and positive.
Because Shasta dosn't have a specific transfer degree in Graphic Design, the designation--AA in Studio Arts--feels less than specific. That said, the counselors I've worked with have been diligent to help me figure out the best way to fill all the prerequisites that I'll need with credits that will transfer for my Bachelor's.
The overall attitude at the college is positive--counselors, teachers, and staff are for the most part positive and really seem to care that students have success, and the professors I've had so far have been personable, caring, and willing to go the extra mile.
It easy to find classes to fit with my busy schedule.
Review Shasta College
Online classes here are simple to access and easy to complete.
My professors have been just right. They have provided a great education without an overpowering work load.
This school works hard in order to provide for their students and their financial needs. They do have many job programs within the campus for those interested.