Shasta College Reviews

All staff and student body go out of their way to get you the help you need. It is an excellent school with a beautiful campus. It has amazing programs for students.
Shasta college is an excellent school in regards to academics, safety, and campus. The staff are always there to help and the professors want you to succeed.
This school has helped me every step of the way, from financial aid, to education planning, it has helped tremendously! Having taken a ten year break from school, I was decidedly nervous, but only after a few days I felt right at home. The atmosphere is laid back, without discrimination or prejudice, and makes you feel like you have been there forever. The staff is friendly and capable, and there are many programs offered to help you along your collegiate path. The library is well stocked, with many private study rooms to choose from, as well as a textbook lending library that helped me the first couple of weeks in my Pysch 101 class. I recommend taking the college preparatory class, STU 1. This class is amazing in its ability to not only help with anything school related, but also a great way to focus on introspection. In this class I was able to gain a respect for myself and others I had once thought impossible. A great school all around, I highly recommend it.
Start Your Review of Shasta College
I would like there to be a lot more attention paid to how professors treat their students. They treat them as if they don't deserve to be in there class. I afraid to ask questions because I don't want to feel like an idiot.
Every teacher I've had have been absolutely wonderful. Every part of campus is easy to locate and walk to. The only flaw I can think of is that some of the faculty that work in the offices can be a bit snarky towards you, even if you're asking perfectly valid questions.
This college has some great dedicated teachers, especially in the science department. The campus is located on the outskirts of town and has a lot of room to roam. That being said, it's pretty far from any commodities, like food and easy commutes. You're stuck with the cafeteria. The buildings are a mix of new and dilapidated. They put all their money into renovating and building giant new buildings for administration and library, but made no advances in the actual classrooms. The lecture halls are very old, crafty, and looks like it hasn't been updated from the 60's. Students don't really benefit day to day on their "renovations".
BUT its affordable and teachers are great.
Great school, Extremely helpful and supportive towards their students. Students receive a great education and the chance to experience sports and several amazing clubs around the campus.
Shasta College has been a wonderful experience. The campus is beautiful, located in northern California, it is surrounded by large trees and a great view of Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen. Every professor I have had, puts the students first and does everything in their power to help students succeed.
As a current student enrolled in Shasta College I can say that I am truly happy with the return on investment. Shasta College offers a relatively low tuition rate, making each semester affordable. Also, Shasta College offers many great trade options and certifications with a high success and accomplishment rate.
I've really liked attending Shasta College a lot. Living at the dorms is extremely convenient, because it makes rolling out of bed and getting to classes simple, and you can't ever have the excuse of not being able to find a time to get help on campus or from a professor. I have met so many people at the dorms and in my classes who are very driven and help me to continue doing well in school. The imporvements that could be made would be a more diverse amount of clubs and organizations, and a musical during the school year instead of making it during the summer so students are less likely to participate.
Printers to use at the downtown campus location for students to print from the computer lab and not just run copies. So many students there have projects weekly that need that access. As of right now, here is only one printer available for making copies and there are over 300 students that use the building.
I like the low class sizes, and from my experience the teachers have been very nice and flexible. They teach well and seem to know what they're doing.
Over all, during my time at Shasta College, I found it to be an upbeat environment. They're rather accepting of many individuals there and they help you feel right at home.
This college is friendly. The only thing need to change probably just need a map in campus because it is quite complicate when the first time you walk in.
It is what it is for a community college with little diversity, dominated by Bethel, in a hotbed of backwoods conservatism. Redding needs a proper four year institution, but you can still learn quite a bit if you're devoted.
Shasta College is a wonderful 2-year community college. It's been a pleasantly surprising experience overall. From the admissions department to the teaching staff, everyone is committed to their students. They are hardworking, dedicated, and passionate about what they are doing at Shasta College. There are students of all ages here, but that doesn't affect the attention each person gets from staff and faculty. Everyone matters and everyone is believed in. I can name a number of students who thought they would never leave Redding, CA. Yet, because of the care and attention given by their professors and counselor, they are now attending schools like Harvard, Columbia University and UCLA. I am proud that I was able to spend a few years here at Shasta College.
It has been a truly enriching experience, and it is a perfect pathway for transferring to a four-year university at a fraction of the cost. The teachers are great, the campus is wonderful and the staff are always helpful in assisting students to the best of their ability. The Student Senate is a great place for student Services and to rent out free books for the semester. It has been a great few years for me and now I am finally ready to transfer to another school to obtain my bachelors. Will miss the school and the people in it.
Start Your Review of Shasta College
Great school with great healthcare programs. Affordable! I love the downtown campus it is close to everything. Professors are great.
I had some really great and helpful professors and some that were not so great. Redding is beautiful with mountains and lakes, the weather is great. The people are not as amazing. The college campus has a lot of nature, but isn't very nice. The classes I've taken have a lot of older people so making friends was kind of difficult. The staff is kind and ready to help.
Shasta College overall is a perfect place to receive a great education and be saving money simultaneously. The more involved you are, the better your experience. Great professors, however, at times the environment can be a bit demotivating.