COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Although the campus is closed to guests, we are making an exception for prospective seniors in high school because it is important for you to do more than imagine yourself here. Learn More
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA-
The University of the South, familiarly known as Sewanee, was founded in 1857 and comprises a nationally recognized College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, a distinguished School of Theology, and a School of Letters. Located on Tennessee's Cumberland Plateau on 13,000 acres used both as outdoor laboratory and for recreation, Sewanee enrolls 1,700 undergraduates. The university remains purposefully small and dedicated to building a sense of community. The result of such individualized education is clear: Sewanee has produced 26 Rhodes Scholars, 49 Watson Fellows, and dozens of Fulbright Scholars.
Sewanee - The University of the South Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.34 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.34 responses
Environment & Sustainability
By studying environment and sustainability at Sewanee, you'll be prepared to address complex environmental issues from a variety of perspectives. Your understanding today will prepare you to protect tomorrow. Because all environmental systems are connected, environmental issues cannot be studied in isolation. Policy, science, and economics are all involved. Learn more below.
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.39 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.19 responses