Sentara College of Health Sciences Reviews

You will find resistance from certain instructors regarding exam reviews. Resistance to the extent that your final grade in the class depends upon the assistance you receive from the instructor. One particular class was instructed by two professors who had little knowledge of the subject, leading to their redaction and retraction of information taught to the students. Certain clinical groups print and take home patient records to complete assignments (as was the experience in one of my clinical groups) which is a HIPAA violation and ethical non-fulfillment. Exceptionally unfair grade appeals--this process is almost never in favor of the student challenging their grade. I would not recommend this college to any prospective nursing student. Proceed with caution.
The experience has been very positive. All staff is willing to help and their goal is to see you succeed!
I really like that this school incorporates hybrid learning. There is both online portions and in class experiences for people that like both types of learning. I wished the faculty would communicate a little better.
Start Your Review of Sentara College of Health Sciences
This is a school that can't get accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), which makes you wonder how good their instruction can be. In addition, it is a piss poor place to work. Stay away from this place if you know what's good for you.
Just started school, actually in my first week and so far I can overall say that my experience has been amazing. Being out of school for over 13 years, graduating a vocational school previously, and pretty scared not knowing if I would be able to get back into school. I have found that all of my instructors are truly and genuinely their to help you learn and to succeed then go off into your career. I am more excited and not nervous anymore to get into the hands on skills labs and then into the hospital for some real life experience.
Everyone that has been helping me get everything i need correct and accurate prior to start course has been very helpful. Answered all my questions and concerns and introduced me to other admin who was able to help me in specific areas.
Transferring credits were very easy. The classes are scheduled for full time thus flexibility is limited
Our online work is manageable if the student takes the time to do the work
We have many alumni networks that help us figure out which location we would like to work at after graduation
The teachers are very knowledgable and take time with each individual student to make sure we are getting the information we need to succeed.
Students work one on one with preceptors who are working in the field. We have a job interview every time we go to a clinical site. Meaning there are so many jobs out there once we graduate each site will be fighting over which student they want
The new associates degree encourages students to broaden their knowledge.
I love going to this school and would recommend it to anyone wanting a career in the health field
I love everyone in my program, and the student body as a whole is very professional and hard working.
I personally haven't had a problem with flexibility! Everything has worked perfectly for my schedule. It's a lot of work and hours but it's so worth it in the long run.
I have never had a problem with the computer network! Everything has be in order, even when I brought in my laptop from home!
We have a great student services department, library, and computer lab. I only wish we had access to a gym!
Start Your Review of Sentara College of Health Sciences
My absolute favorite thing about my school is the amount of hands on experience and how well you are prepared for the real world situation.
The online courses were a great learning experience, and I enjoyed the ability to be flexible with my work load! Any issues I had were taken care of right away!
I've already heard of many students getting job line-ups before they even graduate!