Seattle University Reviews

I am the first of my family to attend a 4-year institution and Seattle University has exceeded my expectations. There is such a variety of classes, clubs and programs to join, and the professors are extremely knowledgeable on their respective subjects. We also have an on campus chapel, which is great because I am a practicing Catholic and I am easily able to pursue my faith along with my education.
Seattle University is in the heart of downtown, you would think it gets crowded and too busy however its the complete opposite. When you walk around campus you can feel how warm and accepting the atmosphere is. Seattle University is one of the most diverse colleges I've ever toured and to top it all off everyone is extremely open-minded. How would you feel about being in a class where your professor knows your name and cares about your academic success? At Seattle U, you aren't just a number, YOU matter.
It's a very small school and you receive a lot of attention. There is always some to help you and focus on what you need. It can be scary starting college, but the school makes a huge effort to make sure there is something to help every succeed. It is a very difficult school, you need to be prepared to do your work. It's a beautiful campus and there is so much to do on and off campus, it will be easy to connect with like-mined students.
Start Your Review of Seattle University
As a masters student in the Arts Leadership program, I have greatly enjoyed studying at Seattle University. It is a new, growing, innovative program that has some growing pains but it seems like they work through a few more every year. Their mission and values are in line with my own.
I love it. My college is the College of Science and Engineering. Just like everyone that transfers from a community college, I wanted to get into UW. But I am glad that I did not since Seattle University has been great thus far. Just started my second quarter and I already feel at home. Have met a lot of people, and everyone has been so cool. Small classes and one-to-one with your professors. Seattle U is definitely great!
I have been accepted to this school, and after touring it 2 times, I am slightly conflicted on it. While many people say that the school is full of hipsters and stuck up snobs, I have only gotten the vibe that it is slightly sleepy.
It's great! Small classes, great curriculum. Some things can be improved! Been going here nearly 8 years.
The college needs to invest more in it's students, especially considering how expensive it is to go there. Overall, community and diversity are lacking. The professors are average for the most part, some exceptional in the bunch.
I have grown and come into my own in ways I never would have expected by coming to Seattle University. In my time here, I've encountered professors who have been essential to my growth as a person and who have expanded my view of the world around me immensely. The school administration itself has some issues with not being diverse and not truly fulfilling its mission of "inclusive excellence," but there are so many staff and students who are working with one another to build a better environment on campus, to create an environment where anyone can learn and thrive. The expense that comes with this school is steep, but I've found that with the help of loans and scholarships, I am better able to appreciate what I am getting for that price.
I absolutely love Seattle University. It is an amazing college with great professors, classes, people, and opportunities. I will always be proud to say I went to this college and I will always be grateful for the friends and connections with teachers I have made here.
Sports and Exercise Science faculty is AMAZING, however, I really disliked most other faculty members and university structures.
I am about to start my sophomore year at SU and I could not be more excited. Seattle U is a diverse and exciting school to be at. Class sizes are small so you get more interaction with your professors and gain relationships/friendships too.
Seattle University is a school that focuses very much on its academics though at the same time can get lost in the needs of administrative and political ideas.
The professors in the business school are absolutely amazing. The school has small class sizes, rigorous programs, and a great reputation in the Seattle area. Their strong alumni base makes the transition from school to a full-time job almost seamless.
Loved the school, hated the whether. The nature scene outside the city is great if you have transportation.
Could provide better resources for class registration housing, and meal plan options. Otherwise, has dedicated professors and class sizes benefit leanring expreince
Contrary to what they advertise, Seattle University is not as centered around Social Justice as they say. The education is good and challenging but the social aspect is not what was expected.
Start Your Review of Seattle University
My experience is unique. I am a student athlete, so I have missed out on things other students get to do. I have really enjoyed the small class sizes and feel like I have gotten a ton out of my classes and professors. I definitely have personal relationships with some of them and it has definitely benefited my education. Also, the city makes the school; I love being in Seattle and it is a great place to be. I do feel like though because it is small school it lacks in two things: school spirit like at sports games, and resources to provide clubs and community for students.
Academically, not extremely rigorous; however, very experiential and personalized learning. I have been able to meet with many top business executives, and drastically increase my network. Party scene is pretty meek. Athletics are ok. Lots of clubs to choose from. Quite a diverse group.
Being a transfer student I came into Seattle hoping that I would have no difficulties. Seattle University was one of the most open and understanding colleges I have ever visited and helped my transition be that much easier than expected. Having so many clubs as well as resource groups only made my transition easier because the university personally provides the students with resources they might need to come into contact with while attending the university. The diversity of the campus is greatly appreciated since there are many colleges who focus on one set of nationality while this campus focuses on growth and learning in which they set aside cultural differences. It is an amazing college to attend as well as an eye opener to the real world.