Scripps is a highly rated private college located in Claremont, California in the Los Angeles Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,030 undergraduate students. Admissions is competitive as the Scripps acceptance rate is 30%. Popular majors include Biology, Psychology, and Political Science and Government. Graduating 84% of students, Scripps alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $37,500.
Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 3.97% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.23 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.25 responses
Most Popular Majors
Political Science and Government18 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology16 Graduates
Environmental Sciences10 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities10 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology10 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.15 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.33 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Scripps College Reviews
I loved attending Scripps! An excellent environment in which to develop my whole self, intellectually, emotionally, and socially. As an alum, I am grateful every day for my time there.
The food is great and lots of inspiring women! Scripps is a beautiful campus, it’s like going to school at a resort.
Great academic programs that are also very flexible. Diversity in the student body is getting better, overall a supportive academic and living community!