COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Scripps College is currently fully remote for the Fall 2020 semester and the campus is closed to the public. See the upcoming events below for options to join a virtual information session to learn more about us! More details about Scripps' response to COVID-19 can be found on the Scripps Strong website. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Valuegrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade unavailable
- Party Scenegrade B
- Professorsgrade A minus
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade A
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade B
- Branch of
- Claremont Colleges System
Scripps’ place as a women’s college in a consortium of five undergraduate colleges gives you a unique vantage point, a different view of the world than any single liberal arts college can provide. As a member of The Claremont Colleges, Scripps students are able to take classes, pursue one (or two!) of 65 majors, join clubs, and attend events at our partner campuses, and eat in any of our 17 campus eateries.
Located in sunny Southern California, our students are often found heading to the beach, hiking in the mountains, seeking adventure in the desert, and exploring the vibrant, diverse city of Los Angeles. Housing is guaranteed for all four years for our roughly 1000 students. Small, discussion-based classes (averaging 16 students) are the norm and the perfect environment to use your voice in an empowering, yet challenging community.
Looking for more? Connect with us on social media and join us for an information session to discover if Scripps is the right fit for you.
Scripps College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 23 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 26 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Biology40 Graduates
- Political Science and Government22 Graduates
- Psychology22 Graduates
- Communications17 Graduates
- English16 Graduates
- Economics15 Graduates
- Environmental Science14 Graduates
- Neuroscience and Neurobiology11 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities10 Graduates
- Art History7 Graduates
The Academic Experience at Scripps
Experience an intellectually challenging academic journey in a supportive community where undergraduate research is a priority and classes are purposefully small. Advance your analytic and reasoning skills through discussion, debate, and the pursuit of knowledge. Learn more about the Core Curriculum in Interdisciplinary Humanities, study abroad, research, and internships.
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 16 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 34 responses
- Strong community of passionate women47%
- Supportive and active community of women scholars27%
- Strong community of women20%
- Strong community7%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 16 responses
Scripps College Reviews
The best parts about Scripps are the Motley Coffeehouse, the athletic facilities (try Roberts' drop-in classes), and the beautiful campus. The food is actually pretty good even if people like to complain. The colleges are close to LA but just far enough away to make traveling in a bit of a pain.