Schreiner University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Presbyterian
NCAA Division III (without football)
Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.27 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.29 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.29 responses
Most Popular Majors
Licensed Practical Nurse Training (LPN)27 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science18 Graduates
Early Childhood Education9 Graduates
Public Health7 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management7 Graduates
Design and Visual Communications6 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.34 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.33 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.18 responses
Schreiner University Reviews
When I was touring the college with my parents everyone was telling us about how great this school is. How the food is amazing, the dorms are great, and the people are just so nice! Yeah, that was not completely true. The food sucks. They rarely have edible food in the diner. The freshman dorms are either really loud or the pipes are so bad that every 5 minutes the water gets really hot. A lot of the people here are really snobby or don't actually want to do their jobs and help you.
Schreiner is an amazing campus. It is both, beautiful and safe. Everywhere you go, you see people you know. It is such a tight community and the professors really do care about you and your grades. If you are looking for a true home away from home, Schreiner University is the way to go!
While the stunning scenery is nice, there is little to do at schreiner, and not much to learn. They have lost accreditation as a pre-nursing program. Their budget is spread thin between a diverse range of majors that their professors are questionable at best and facilities are greatly underfunded. The Town surrounding population is predominantly over the age of fifty and the closest larger population is an hour and a half away. In reality, schreiner would do better as a junior college for student to gain an associates degree or get their basic completed there.