School of the Art Institute of Chicago Reviews

There is a wealth of knowledge and incredible access to processes and machinery to help get started on your art/design journey. I also find it incredibly well located, in the heart of Chicago's Loop, meaning that there is nothing that you need that you can not find close by.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) is a fantastic school that genuinely cares about the success of their students. The faculty and students are an empowering group of independent artists who I genuinely enjoy learning from and working with. This school pushes young artists to explore new ideas, mediums, and places to broaden their views of what an artist can do and what art can become. SAIC is a rigorous school. For students who are willing to work hard and take risks to better their artistic practice, SAIC will be a rewarding experience as it has been for me.
It's a really nice, diverse school, and you get what you pay for if you take advantage of all of the high quality resources and opportunities available to you. The people here make up a very friendly and accepting community.
Start Your Review of School of the Art Institute of Chicago
it's one best schools i've ever been to. plus the academics are very strong, and the instructors are very nice. the campus is very diverse and you always get to see new people.
Truly America's most influential art and design school. The School Of The Art Institute Of Chicago is distinct in the way that it provides undergraduate students an interdisciplinary curriculum and the necessary freedom to develop as artists, designers, and scholars. At the same time, students are able to strive for a level of rigor, investigation, and cultural relevance that makes SAIC truly special. I believe that the interdisciplinary curriculum will challenge and allow freedom in experimentation therefore, students translate the most complex ideas into tangible forms of paintings, sculptures, films, performances, books, installations, inventions, buildings, community projects, and more often than not, a combination of the above. Few schools in the world provide such broad range of possibilities.
RUN! After a year of classes with two scholarships and perfect academics, atop maxing out all grants, loans, and working while in school, a $2000 (now like $5500) balance prevented me from continuing coursework! I emailed the Dean, Headmaster, and everyone that could help. Not even a "sorry". Nothing.

-My credit is ruined
-My otherwise flawless academic career is useless because they won't send official transcripts allowing me to transfer until I pay a ridiculous collection agency (not even part of the federal program).
-I can't pay the balance due because I can't get a job, because I don't have a degree, because I don't have $5k to pay the balance.

What started as means for a better life for myself has paralyzed my ability to survive. It's a horrible reality.
Awesome arts school, but definitely would not recommend unless you are truly a creative and open person. The environment is very friendly, everyone is warm and open. Teachers are great. Facilities are nice, but very limited on space - given it is the city. No overcrowding issues, and there are always enough classrooms, but there is no extra space left for lounging or working - aside from the cafeteria space that is always packed. My main complaint would just be the lack of work space for students.
SAIC is an amazing art school with an incredible amount of opportunities and great staff. It has great dorms and great food and a wonderful urban campus.
SAIC is a great school, with great faculty that know what they are doing. I am part of the Fashion Program and absolutely love it. The social life is a bit weird, and you kind of have to be 21 to go out on the weekends. But if you don't mind staying in or just hanging out with friends its great! Being in the heart of Chicago makes for a lot of fun adventures.
The community that is created through the school is amazing, but the school itself is just like any other private school looking to get your money even if that means screwing you over. But yeah, location is great, there's a lot of opportunities around... if you didn't have so much of a workload you may be able to actually go to the museum that was built for the students.
By mid-May I will have been enrolled at the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) for two full years. It's definitely not your typical college experience--certainly not what I anticipated--but it's certainly been a journey. It hasn't been perfect, and there's improvements that need to be done, but I'm constantly learning and expanding my creative horizon.
It's a great school to explore your interests in art. There are classes all over, and everyone is welcome to explore in different fields for their own practice.
The faculties and staffs are supportive and approachable.
SAIC preaches for diversity, but there isn't much real diversity. About all the teachers I had at SAIC were white except for one asian professor I had. About all the security guards who weren't in administrative position were POC except for maybe couple of them.
The school is feeding off of rich white students, and international students who pay out of pocket.
The school is very expensive but is very resourceful. The services they offer and the connections you make are what you're paying for, honestly.
I am having a blast! Honestly though I am stressed out about the ludicrous cost. I really hope this was the right decision. Most students are white or students that are studying abroad. I have yet to see more POC.
This school provides a wonderful education for my field of interest (art therapy), and has other incredible departments as well. I have had no issues with the school's well delivered education in my past two years (although, freshman classes can be tough, but I think that is common anywhere). An issue I have with this school is mainly with the options and prices of food in the cafeteria. The food is average and incredibly over-priced in my opinion. Another thing that is difficult with SAIC is student life. I feel, as many of my peers at this school do as well, that it can be hard to make connections due to a lack of student life and activities. That is personal, however. Other than that, great school and above wonderful education.
They are accommodating to every student's individual needs. They supply what I need to grow artistically, as well as for my well being. They have amazing resources for equipment, as well as counseling. The advising department is amazing.
Start Your Review of School of the Art Institute of Chicago
It is a great art school that student can have full freedom. But sometimes it seems like it goes too far which especially shows on the critics. But in gerneral, it is a greate school. I love it!
Absolutely amazing experience. The professors create a wonderful learning environment and help every student excel and work to evolve their potential.
SAIC has some interesting classes and faculty. However, the administration has a lot of room for improvement. The school cares more for the school's reputation rather than individual student's experience of the school.
I was being bullied by another student at SAIC, who talked to my friend and told her that he will get me deported (I am an international student). I talked to the school admins about the situation, and they never even got a statement from my friend regarding the threat made against me, and did not do much about it. If SAIC truly cares for diversity and inclusivity, I think SAIC would have done more than nothing. Threatening to deport someone should not taken lightly, it is discriminatory and anti-immigrant.