Santa Rosa Junior College Reviews

I definitely recommend the SRJC, there are many great professors who are committed to helping you succeed if you put in the effort to, great resources for those looking to transfer to a four year university, and a variety of courses to explore and discover what interests you!
My time at the SRJC has been great. There is a friendly environment there and helpful staff that want you to succeed. It is really easy to find classes you want and need to take to achieve your goals. There is also easy access to all the scholarships on the main a website and through the student portal.
Great community college. It feels as if you were in a 4 year university. The campus is pretty with a lot of green areas.
Review Your College
I love the SRJC the courses I am taking for automotive major are really informative and the teachers I've had so far are really helpful I'm glad I chose the SRJC over the technical school I was originally going to go to.
Santa Rosa Junior College is a great school with amazing teachers. They have resources and departments available for almost everyone and the counselors are great to talk to for any kind of advice or questions. This college offers many scholarships as well in order to help students get through their college experience. They even have a pantry club that gives away free food and supplies for students in need as well as food coupons. They are a small college with a lot of diversity which is helpful to creating bonds with other students and connections. The college also offers free dental cleaning to students through their dental hygiene program and access to free condoms, pain killers, etc.
What I like about Santa Rosa Junior College is all the resources they have to help you succeed like tutors, the flu shots, the free food, the different clubs, all the people you meet. The selection of classes and all the things I've never done that I've gotten to do.
Overall it's a great school, but has it downfalls like any other school-- the campus is beautiful, very diverse and if you willing to work hard you will receive the results you want
I live in Santa Rosa and I know many people that go there. It is a really great school that is very underrated. Many people think it is better to go straight to a 4-year college but I think people should first go 2 years to the SRJC, which will save a lot of money.
I started in 2008. I went here to save some money, as I had no idea which college would fit my needs as a student. Eight years later I finally got out. Between counselors not taking me serious from the beginning and teachers who didn't care, I did not have a great experience my first few years. As an older student I was given more respect. Sad that it took that long.
I love that they have two campuses. One in Santa Rosa, and another in Petaluma, much, much closer to my home. Having gone to a JC, and a University before this school, I really enjoy that SRJC has the best of both worlds. The Santa Rosa campus is larger, more University-like, while Petaluma campus is great for people south of Santa Rosa; which is a large group of students, me for example have taken a half hour drive from Petaluma to Santa Rosa, over-using gasoline, and the public transportation is not that great. While, Petaluma campus is calm, collected, smaller, where you don't have to walk 10 minutes to class. Much closer to a large number of students in the area, and I feel it is less stressful, not having to find difficult parking, finding the classroom on a large campus such as Santa Rosa, and being late to class because of either of these things.
Santa Rosa Junior College is definitely a school worth attending if you're looking for a 2-year college to attend. The teachers help you when you need it, the athletic coaches are very supportive with helping you get what you need, and the students are all very kind. The cafeteria makes some great food, and there's a Starbucks right next to it. If you're an athlete this is the place to go for sure.
I love the campus here in Santa Rosa, and all of the staff are so insanely helpful. My favorite things about Santa Rosa Junior College would have to be the tutoring center and the library. Both are fantastic resources that have helped me immensely with studying and getting the best grades. I really feel that the mix of support from all of the staff at the college and the environment surrounding the students is a recipe for success.
I do not have experience with this because I have not graduated.
  • Value
There have been a wide variety of times available for the classes I've taken. I am able to work part time and schedule my classes around work. Flexibility of curriculum depends on the professor. Some are more flexible than others, but if you prove that you are a good student, they will be much more accommodating. Signing up for classes can be frustrating if the classes are impacted.
The registration process for online classes is very easy. In my experience, I have had quite a bit of interaction with my online professors because they make some interaction mandatory. They have always responded in a very timely manner to emails. Peer to peer interaction is also very easy because there are peer forums for us to communicate.
I have had a great experience with professors and courses at this school. The core science classes for the nursing program are very impacted but you learn so much! The professors really want students to understand the material instead of just cramming for an exam. Most of the class sizes are relatively small, except for the online classes. There has never been a course I needed that was not offered at the school.
There are many job recruitment opportunities and the career center seems great. I don't have much experience with this because I have only completed my general education and nursing program prerequisites.
Review Your College
The nursing program at Santa Rosa JC is one of the best ADN programs out there! The work load is very heavy, but there is so much support! Students who graduate from this program are pretty much guaranteed to have a job. Local hospitals and facilities think very highly of the program.
If I had to do it all over, I'd definitely go back to Santa Rosa JC. The professors are excellent (most of them) and I really feel that I received a quality education. If you are willing to put in the work, you will definitely get the results you want. I was never a very strong student in high school, but I received a 3.95 GPA at this school. I worked hard for it and I had the support I needed. The counselors and professors are wonderful.
I can't speak about it personally, but I have spoken to other students who have benefitted from their programs.