Santa Clara University Reviews

1,289 reviews
In my opinion, SCU is a great school. As with other schools, there is always something available if you find the energy to seek it. However, what I like about SCU the most is that this is actually TRUE. Everything is so accessible given that it is a private university. If you need help with academics there are daily center for tutoring. If you need a life coach there are easily accessible individuals who will be willing to help. If you need help with class work, their won’t be this cut-throat competition present in other top schools where students will refuse to provide help to each other for the sake of the “grade”. Despite its high price, it does pay off with its abundance of resources and access to greate education within a fingers reach.
I love my school! Santa Clara University was my top choice ever since I began my high school. I am currently a teacher and I am so excited to be a Bronco because my knowledge had tremendously increased in my field of study. The professors are very knowledgeable, understanding and accessible to help on a daily basis.
Santa Clara University prepares students for jobs after graduation. The professors are dedicated and take the time during office hours to help students when they need additional help. I wish it was more financially accessible but there are on campus jobs that can help if positions are available.
Start Your Review of Santa Clara University
To be an alumnus of this college, I am always feeling it’s like my home. The professors are mostly friendly and skilled. Classmates were often willing to help me if I was in trouble. The facility are also improving along with reputation. Go Broncos!
What makes this school worth it for me is the surrounding area. People who write reviews about it being "boring AF unless you have a car" are crazy- the entire Bay Area is easily accessible by train or bus, including San Francisco. However, that's still not enough to keep me here, as I'm already on track to transfer next year. SCU is WAY too expensive for what you get. The housing department in particular is a nightmare, seemingly hellbent on making students' lives as hard as possible with tons of arbitrary fines and ridiculous move-in/out policies. The student body, while more diverse than it *could* be, is still relatively homogenous (and good luck making friends if you aren't incolved in Greek life) and full of entitled kids whose parents are paying their way to be here. Basically, if you worked hard to get to SCU like I did, you'll be horrifed at how many students here seem to really not care at all about their education.
At the end of the day I have to ask myself how much did this school prepare me for the professional world and the answer is none at all.

200k spent on a piece of paper because people say you have to go to college. SCU is more concerned with appearing as a moral and wholistic experience in place of actually being such. My experience was that SCU's undergrad is filled with entitled toxic people who pat themselves on the back because their parents paid paved their futures for them.

If you're smart enough to get into this school, you're smart enough to find a better and more affordable education.
Santa Clara University is a great school with a beautiful campus. The university is considered in the upper-tier of private schools in the US and it continues to improve and rise in the school rankings. The university prides itself in having a high percentage of students obtaining four-year degrees. Tuition is expensive as it is a private Jesuit university but the education and experience that I got from Santa Clara University was very meaningful with good people, culture and environment on campus.
Graduate school has a great program with an immersive learning experience. Part of the program I participate in is heavily focused on self exploration. This can bring up a lot of difficult issues, but also presents the opportunity to help work through them. The amount of growth I have had in this program just within the first year has been incredible. The work load is strenuous at times and the cost of the program is expensive but besides those two points, I have thoroughly enjoyed receiving my education here and have no regrets thus far about choosing this program over other schools'.
This school is the bomb. Best choice I made. I wouldn't chose any other place to make my aspirations and targets come to life.
The biggest turn off of santa clara is the lack of spirit and personal investment in the school. A big indicator of this is the lack of school apparel worn around. There is a general apathy towards the school that is pervasive across all sectors of the student body. Greek life undoubtedly controls the social operations, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but anyone who claims to disagree is secretly in denial. The school seems to try to milk as much money as they can from you, dishing out fines for even the most trivial of things. Despite all of this, it is a really beautiful campus and the on-campus living and dining options are pretty nice.
Great area, facilities, social life, and students, but the staff is very biased, close minded and bent on brainwashing their students with liberal doctrine. Very sad. Way too expensive for how little you will learn UNLESS you go into a legitimate field like business, science, or engineering. Ironically, a degree from scu is worth a decent amount however, it is still considered a “good” school. Just be aware of the extreme, leftist views of the faculty and admin, to the point of openly making the campus a hostile place for conservative students. Scu should take a serious look at themselves and start to foster a more neutral environment that is more accepting of free speech and the exchange of ideas.
If you come from a private Catholic high school this place will probably feel very familiar right away. If you don't, it may take some time to adjust to the culture and attitudes of the people here. Regardless it is called Claradise for a reason.
Over the course of my several visits to my future school's campus campus, there was not a singular moment or thing that convinced me to attend, rather an overall sense of being at home. The more time I spent on campus the more comfortable I felt and I could not see myself anywhere else. It almost seemed as if Santa Clara University was tailored just for me.
Santa Clara has wonderful academics and faculty, but there is not much to do around campus on weekends besides study or party. The campus is beautiful, and small enough to get around easily, but there is not much diversity in terms of student financial background. I found myself feeling out of place or awkward around my friends who had more money than I do.
It is a gorgeous campus with tons of opportunities locally and abroad! Definitely check it out if you are interested in smaller schools with a personal connection to your professors!
Santa Clara University has a wonderful campus with friendly students. The gym is put to good use for sports and is very nice overall.
Beautiful campus. The facilities are amazing. Class sizes are small which creates a personal learning environment. The school emphasized social justice and environmental consciousness.
Start Your Review of Santa Clara University
Santa Clara has plenty of resources and is very good about supporting its students–if you want to make something cool happen, you'll be able to find support in faculty members, fellow students, and the administration pretty easily. That being said, a significant reason for that is probably because not a lot happens. Student body is incredibly homogenous, disingenuous, complacent...these are not people who like rocking the boat (unless it lets them look like edgy progressives, but they'll definitely be posting about how they participated in the 'latest protest' on social media). Student body and location are my biggest complaints. Location is VERY lackluster, and if you don't have a car, you're gonna be bored AF. School support/resources and alumni network are probably biggest boons. My professors have been amazingly kind, supportive, and encouraging.
I love it here at SCU. There is an opportunity for anyone to find their interests and groups of people with similar interests. The school itself takes every action to help its students to be prepared for life past college.
Santa Clara is beautiful. Many clubs there. You will meet a lots of friends. You will love it, believe me!