Santa Clara University Reviews

1,272 reviews
So far, I love my experience at SCU! Everyone I've encountered has been friendly and the professors are awesome to talk to. The campus is beautiful and a perfect size. There are many resources open to students to help them out academically and with their career interests. If I were to point out any cons, housing can get expensive, the party scene isn't very big, and attending athletic sporting events isn't as common as other colleges. However, I still think SCU was the right choice for me.
The campus is beautiful with amazing professors. All students are very nice and friendly. In addition, the quality of education is very good. (The parties are also amazing... :) )
I've been at Santa Clara for only a few months and I already feel like I have a family. The people here are amazing, the local area is incredible, and the academics are manageable but challenging. Overall, this has been an amazing experience that I highly, highly recommend to anyone. Tuition is very high though and they look for any reason to fine so beware.
Start Your Review of Santa Clara University
As a student coming from a local Catholic high school, most of my life my opinion about Santa Clara was that it was too close to home. Luckily I was able to look past this when it came time to choose a college. The campus is beautiful and it is perfectly located in Silicon Valley, a major bonus no matter your major.
Very good study atmosphere. Very beautiful campus. Easy to find campus job. Excellent job placement services. Best location in US. I want to go back gain.
It has a great campus feel, and all the students are very school spirited. They make you feel welcome. The class sizes are small so you have more one on one time with the professor.
I really liked how all classes were very small in class size and taught by professors. It made me feel very comfortable asking questions in class. The people at SCU are all very nice and welcoming too!
There is a good amount of diversity among the students and with the staff. The professors and staff seem to have a good network and know how to get the right information to the right people. Most classes are well structured despite the time-crunch of a being on a quarter system. Although there is much support for first-year students/returning students, I feel that there should be more communication with transfer students after they have started attending SCU. As a student that supports themselves, I have found little to no resources on support for students like me. A work/study balance has been difficult to achieve.
I will be a freshman at SCU this year. However I attended my orientation and had a blast. Everyone is so nice and extremely helpful. There is so much support for students it is hard to fail. I highly recommend SCU.
It may get stressful at times but you can always find a community to help you through! Santa Clara chooses to focus on the individual student and always looks out for the little guy
I am glad to call this place my home
beautiful campus with lots of friendly faces all people i came in contact with teachers staff and students were friendly and their to help and genuinely seemed like they care about you which is super awesome just an amazing community feel.
SCU has a tight community where everyone cares about each other, in the future I would like to see more diversity
It's hard to make friends at Santa Clara if you aren't big into the party scene. I also felt as if the quality of professors was not worth the tuition I was paying. If you aren't in greek life, good luck making friends and getting into parties.
Santa Clara University is a small school with a beautiful campus. It is located in the heart of the silicon valley so there is a lot of opportunity to connect with tech companies throughout your school career.
As a current junior I've definitely grown to love the school but there are a few things that could be changed. The increasing cost is not the best and the lack of true student diversity is disappointing but this is met with great professors, small class sizes, an AMAZING campus, and being a 45 minute drive or 1 hour train ride from SF. Overall, it's been pretty great.
I love Santa Clara. It’s gorgeous and hard not to immediately love the campus. I have really enjoyed all of my classes and you can tell all of the professors really care about their students and want them to succeed. The food is good except there is not a lot of different options. Everyone is super nice and wants to be your friend. One thing I would change is the athletics. Because SCU teams are not very good, they attract very small crowds so for a sports fan it is hard to be at a school that doesn’t really care about its sports. But that’s a small price to pay for a school that is this amazing.
Absolutely loved the school as a whole. My favorite thing is how close I am with a bunch of my professors; I regularly converse with them outside of class and consider them friends as well as educators. They even sometimes go with us students to a bar! I would give 5 stars, but I had a few issues with my program in particular. If you plan on going here, check out your specific program of interest first, because the quality varies within each department.
Start Your Review of Santa Clara University
I'm a graduate student, and although I love my program and receive support from my program itself, I feel slightly disconnected from the rest of the campus.
I have visited Santa Clara University many times, each visit being wonderful. Although it may be a small university, it carries a big impact and an even bigger student pride.
Santa Clara University offers many opportunities for students to network, build lasting relationships, and participate in internships. However, I thought they would be more accepting of students who are low income and not turn stray them away.