Santa Clara University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I (without football)
West Coast Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.82 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.83 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.83 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.75 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.117 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.40 responses
Santa Clara University Reviews
Absolutely loved the school as a whole. My favorite thing is how close I am with a bunch of my professors; I regularly converse with them outside of class and consider them friends as well as educators. They even sometimes go with us students to a bar! I would give 5 stars, but I had a few issues with my program in particular. If you plan on going here, check out your specific program of interest first, because the quality varies within each department.
There is a good amount of diversity among the students and with the staff. The professors and staff seem to have a good network and know how to get the right information to the right people. Most classes are well structured despite the time-crunch of a being on a quarter system. Although there is much support for first-year students/returning students, I feel that there should be more communication with transfer students after they have started attending SCU. As a student that supports themselves, I have found little to no resources on support for students like me. A work/study balance has been difficult to achieve.
Our alumni network is amazing! There are a huge number of students who attended Santa Clara who are looking to give opportunities to recent grads from their alma matter. The education we receive at Santa Clara is more than just a degree, we get an education of the whole person and are very well prepared for the work force. People are often interested in hiring Santa Clara students for the wide variety of qualities they have and have gotten from their time here.