Sandhills Community College Reviews

My husband is in the auto tech program and is receiving a great hands on training, as well as the opportunity to work on our vehicles for the cost of parts.
Sandhills is an amazing school to prepare you for transfer to a four year school! All of the teachers are wonderful and many have taught at four year school and have now retired to the area but still want to teach. Sandhills offers wonderful scholarship opportunities for everyone.
I liked the layout of the campus, it was easy to navigate. Parking was terrible, though. I'd like the professors to stop letting their Republican partisanship influence the way they word questions, conduct classes, & grade opinion papers. Playing Fox News segments during a foreign language course derails learning & is ridiculous. It'd also be nice if they wouldn't direct highly personal questions at individual students in front of the class, & pick fights with students who have the nerve to say they're liberal. It's unprofessional and incredibly juvenile. The environment at SCC is everything that is southern small-town -- backward, narrowminded, & exclusionary.
There are little to no accommodations for students with disabilities. The school website is horribly designed & pages containing seriously important info are rarely updated -- this had a huge negative impact on my schooling. Certain professors are w/out office phones. Others refuse to respond to emails about coursework.
Start Your Review of Sandhills Community College
Sandhills is a beautiful school. Walking around, you see aspects of every program Sandhills offers and everyone makes you feel welcome. The teachers and staff are some of the best and do everything possible to work with you and your schedule so you can succeed. If I could stay at Sandhills longer, I would.
Sandhills Community College was a fantastic gateway to a four-year University. I feel that my experiences on campus aptly prepared me for the rest of my educational career in perusing a bachelors. If you are a bit intimidated by the thought of signing on for a college proper straight away, Sandhills offers just about as much as a freshmen program at any otherwise university would with a great deal more room to experiment and see what career you really want to pursue.
Some professors are easier than others when it comes to tardy or absences
Not really my thing, I passed my online course but only with the teachers help
From what I know its great, my friends have gotten jobs a couple months after their completed degree
I've had mostly good professors, minus one history teacher from Nebraska who is ex army
The school has tons of majors and they all range. The biggest focus is golf course related, Mechanics, and Landscaping
Advisers are always willing to help out
The Campus is really nice. Good Landscaping all around. Teachers are very helpful and they even have a Relax room in the Cafe. Students are alright depending on who you hangout with, some are weird. The food is pretty on point
I want to be a doctor. But the classes don't help.
It is a very small school. With lots of students. We are overpopulated. We have to do a Graduation Project. It is a lot of work. I would not do this all over again.
Lots of work since most of my classes where online.
courses are intresting and challenging
Had some trouble getting oppertunities that my teacher wanted us to do with working at the police station
Start Your Review of Sandhills Community College
Nice school close to home.
My school experience has had its ups and downs. I'm making it though!
I hate the online classes. They are horrible, no help at all!