San Jose State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Mountain West Conference
San Jose State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.229 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.226 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.227 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management1,210 Graduates
Early Childhood Education212 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies184 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies180 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies179 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 140 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.282 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.338 responses
After San Jose State University
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.154 responses
Colleges like San Jose State University
- B-San Francisco State University
- 4 Year
- San Francisco, CA
- 3,038 reviews
- B-California State University - East Bay
- 4 Year
- Hayward, CA
- 1,618 reviews
- C+Sonoma State University
- 4 Year
- Rohnert Park, CA
- 1,254 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Sacramento
- 4 Year
- Sacramento, CA
- 3,093 reviews
San Jose State University Reviews
Review San Jose State University
It was an alright school. Unless you lived in the dorms or know people at the dorms you wouldn't know what was going on campus. People keep to themselves most of the time and a lot of teachers seem to only be there just to be there. Other than that, it is a public school be careful it is not as safe of a campus due to a lot of homeless people living there and countless alert texts. Lastly, school lacks funding and major budget cuts, which means it's harder to get classes and you got to make sure you get priority because you wont get the classes you need if you dont!
I love all my professors and I have learned a lot in all my classes. The campus is beautiful and most of the people I have met have been super friendly. There are plenty of clubs and organizations that you can get involved with. The only reason I marked it as four stars instead of five is because it can be confusing figuring out what classes you need, and the advisors are not very helpful with that. Also the housing on and around campus costs an arm and a leg! But the college is located right in the city, so there is plenty to do in the area and a lot of it is within walking distance!
I loved the atmosphere and campus resources here! There are always new things to discover when you're on campus, whether it be that secret study spot at the student union or the place where free bagels are being handed out in the mornings. One thing I'd like to see change is the enrollment system fro classes, it takes way more effort than needed to settle into classes and switch spots in classes.