High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.208 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.217 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.215 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management1,309 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies287 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication191 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies188 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities178 Graduates
Early Childhood Education155 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 145 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.253 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.294 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 159 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.152 responses
Colleges like San Francisco State University
- B-San Jose State University
- 4 Year
- San Jose, CA
- 3,641 reviews
- B-California State University - East Bay
- 4 Year
- Hayward, CA
- 1,663 reviews
- C+Sonoma State University
- 4 Year
- Rohnert Park, CA
- 1,304 reviews
- B+California State University - Chico
- 4 Year
- Chico, CA
- 2,205 reviews
San Francisco State University Reviews
I transferred to San Francisco State University from my junior college, and I've enjoyed every moment. Besides getting into the top school on my list, I've made many connections with my peers and professors. The campus is very accepting and full of people from all over the world. The environment is great and the bay area has so much to offer. The shuttle service for this commuter school could be updated, but I'm truly enjoying every moment on this campus!
San Francisco State University was my top school when applying for colleges. I was so stoked to come here because I love the city and the environment. There is so much diversity and acceptance on campus and I love that about this university. However, I do wish they had more on campus events for students or fun interactive events for us to meet more people. After the first week of school, the "party scene" died down and we did not get to engage as much with other people because we don't know where to go to find them! Other than that I love the school and campus.
This University is the best CSU in the Bay Area! The academia that this institution offers it's students is challenging and prepares them for honest careers in their intended fields. The professors care a great deal about this and will connect students with the right networks for their fields of interest. Mostly a commuter school, but the dorm life is welcoming, safe, and fun. Students are heard and respected at S.F. State. This is reflective through the convenient shuttle services to and from Bart, excellent student government structure and resources, organized student services and health centers, great events, and much more.