San Diego State University Reviews

4,398 reviews
I love being apart of the SDSU community because it is extremely easy to get involved. The only thing I would change is they find a way to help out student financially just because so many students are over stressed because of the cost of attendance.
toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Great school and very beautiful. the staff is outstanding as well as the peers that attend the school . Very large and has a vast variety of ways to get involved with the school. location is outstanding
Review San Diego State University
San Diego State University has one of the best campuses in Southern California. I have been there multiple times and the staff there are so kind and professional.
Wonderful inspiring professors. Lots of opportunities for academic growth! Word of advice to any prospective students: join a lab! Find a professor you like and get in some hours. Working in a lab provides you with mentorship and opportunities to boost your graduate application.
San Diego state is a student friendly campus however they need to work on their book pricing and sellback values.
I love the atmosphere and diversity. They have a great campus with many organizations and clubs to join. The teachers care about the students and help them. The classes are not too tough just show up and be ready.
Party scene is definitely lit highly recommend being in greek life to experience it all. Guys won't get in without knowing the right people girls same thing unless you're in a sorority or look like a sorority girl.
San Diego State University is a great school. The faculty and staff really care about their students and there are always improvements being made around the school to give a better experience. The campus is centrally located just northeast of Downtown San Diego and is close to freeways, making it convenient to attend even if you don't live on campus. The school hosts concerts on a regular basis, both in the outdoor open air theatre and in the Aztec Arena, where other sports take place as well. SDSU has proud students who love their school and love living in San Diego. The weather is hard to beat!
I love how this school gets almost all the students in different activities and absolutely love the diverse culture among the staff and students. I also love how a lot of alumnis stay connected to SDSU. This creates more job opportunities after they graduate college. The only thing I would change is the food here, but is very typical for colleges to have standard food and it was expected.
The location is surrounding the campus is beautiful and there is a lot to do. The diversity is excellent and there are a lot of opportunities for minorities and the LGBTQ community.
San Diego weather---amazing. The campus never ceases to amaze me at how clean it is all the time. I love how the university is massive, but is still nestled in the area around it.
For the time I have been in San Diego, SDSU is by far one of the best colleges I've come across in my search. The people are wonderful and the environment is beautiful. I wouldn't have it any other way but in SDSU.
Hi! A little bit about myself...My name is Hoang Linh Nguyen, I'm a Vietnamese who was born and raised in Russia, and now I'm embarking my educational journey in sunny San Diego. Currently I'm an Electrical Engineer (senior), at San Diego State University, and so far...I LOVE IT.
The school life, the educational opportunities, and the resources that school provides are top notch, but it's up to the students to take the given opportunities and use them to aid in their goals . Probably the most amazing thing about the SDSU, is their mentality about the equality in opportunities for EVERYONE, since I'm an international student who was influenced by both cultures, this school mentality was really close to my heart.
I liked how they made you feel welcomed and how they completely changed my perspective on how scary college can be.
Going to Freshman Orientation was lots of fun. The school in general is a beautiful place with staff members who are willing to assist you in your needs. The food was also excellent and the orientation was very well organized and there was also a lot of positive energy.
San Diego State was a pleasant college that consisted of students trying to find their way, and Professors finding the passion to get the students excited. I enjoyed my time there, but I did wish the parking structures were designed better. Everyday felt like a hit or miss when it came to parking and I mean that literally considering how tight the turns were in each structure. I would recommend SDSU for academics or sports to anyone but not so much for art or anything creative. If you want to learn business then SDSU is the place to be especially due to their impressive business department and the teachers they have for business.
Review San Diego State University
Diverse student body. Made friends very easily. Students are focused on academics but are able to balance school and social life. Lots of clubs and activities to get involved in. Professors are accessible. Class sizes are large which can be difficult if you are the type of student that needs to know your profs closely. Great weather. Classes are challenging.
San diego state university has begun to be one of the most affordable universities in california. San Diego State is a very accessible college with lots of opportunities to be part of campus life. The professors are well educated on their subjects and generally, are optimistic to teach them. The campus feels open and welcoming to all who enter.San Diego State is a university that is very much involved in what is going on in the outside world. Professors are very helpful and the school puts student safety first. It is a school that cares about community and embraces diversity. Students are friendly and make you feel welcomed.
I love going to SDSU. The students work hard and play hard. With lots to do in the sunny city of San Diego, students still find school as a number one priority