San Diego State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.290 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.322 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.322 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management1,239 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies351 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies341 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities298 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 204 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.382 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.422 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 224 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.197 responses
Colleges like San Diego State University
- B-California State University - San Marcos
- 4 Year
- San Marcos, CA
- 1,504 reviews
- A-California State University - Long Beach
- 4 Year
- Long Beach, CA
- 4,061 reviews
- B-San Francisco State University
- 4 Year
- San Francisco, CA
- 3,156 reviews
- ACalifornia Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
- 4 Year
- San Luis Obispo, CA
- 3,510 reviews
San Diego State University Reviews
San Diego State University offers a unique experience to its students. There are numerous students organizations, clubs, and sports provided for students to get involved on campus. Also, within each college, internships and job opportunities are available for students to take advantage and gain knowledge. San Diego State provides meaningful opportunities for myself and the student body. The campus is incredibly diverse which allows for a truly meaningful experience. As a college community, we welcome students from various backgrounds to contribute to our intellectually diverse population. This school offers a unique and and valuable experience to all students. Each person who belongs to San Diego State is involved in creating success for its students. I am proud to be apart of such a rewarding community. Go SDSU!
SDSU's motto is "Leadership Starts Here." And it really does. Our campus embodies the meaning of diversity, leadership and school pride. I love being an Aztec because there is an opportunity for every student. Whether it is joining a club, becoming a Greek Life member, or presenting at our annual student research symposium, SDSU enables every student to find their center and graduate as teachable, honorable members of society. Our football and basketball teams have made history at championships. Students at SDSU stand for what they believe in. Importantly, SDSU academia has increased over the years, making it now one of the top research schools and California State universities applied to. Fight on, Aztecs!
I came to San Diego State Univeristy (SDSU, San Diego State, or simply "State") after growing up in suburban Los Angeles. It was not my first choice in school as I was trying to go to private universities, but I write this and can easily say I am blessed to call myself an alumni of SDSU. My time there was truly the most fun, inspiring, challenging, and rewarding experience in my life. I met friends for life, took on leadership positions that helped me grow, and immersed myself in a campus and environment that was dedicated to making sure students had the best experience possible. Despite SDSU's reputation for partying, it's a GREAT academic school and I felt challenged and enlightened by the coursework I took. It's also one of the few research CSUs! All-in-all, San Diego State was, and still, amazing. Like other college campuses, it does have its imperfections, but I would easily recommend it for those looking to attend a 4-year institution of higher learning.