1. San Bernardino, CA
  2. 2 Year

San Bernardino Valley College Reviews

I love the school. I'm attending it while still in high school because of a program. Being able to attend the college is great. The teachers can range from great to terrible. But for high schooler attending college, this school has done me well.
There times for classes are diverse, which is great for my work schedule! I take my classes at night and I am full time. Wonderful for the working class! Professor take time to help as much as possible as well. They are very understanding of your work life!
I have not actually attended the school yet, but so far I have had a wonderful experience. When I went to take my assessment, the test administrators were so helpful and the counselor that I met to discuss my test results with answered all my questions and was very welcoming. I am so excited to begin my academic school year with San Bernardino Valley College
Review Your College
I took 4 classes for Fall 2016. My experience overall was very positive. All of my classes were online. I received 2 A's, 1 B and 1 F. I am disappointed in the F because I worked harder in that course than all of the others. I know that I am not a quitter so I have enrolled in this class again but I will be traveling to campus on Saturdays. I work full time but I need this course to advance and to graduate. I am NOT giving up. I would appreciate the scholarship money because I do not qualify for Pell due to the number of college students in my household which currently stands at 2. SBVC is the oldest junior college in California and I have been attending intermittently since 1982. I appreciate the variety of courses offered and the ease of registration. My favorite professor is J. Demsky. I highly recommend him to all students planning to take History courses. #winning
Some teachers are good but others are so trashy, rude and immature like philosophy professor Lopez. Besides that loser professor Mr. Smith is a good math teacher I high recommend him.
My experience in this school so far has been great. I had so much anxiety starting school and i figured that this school was a good stepping stone. Everyone in this school is so helpful, especially the staff and teachers.
I was a high school drop out when I started SBVC. I changed my life, I had the best math professor. Dr. Zadock Reid...he taught me that I could do math...all the way up to multivariable calculus...and I started in his Pre-Algebra class! Another professor there is Professor Glass taught me chemistry, and there was a swim instructor who actually swam the English Channel when she was 65...not sure if she's still there but she's awesome too! I highly recommend this school!
Most of the teachers I have meat at San Bernardino Valley College were very helpful, and they care about their students' success.
Overall it was okay. Not the best, not the worst but simply ok
  • Value
It was easy to pick my classes based on my personal life, even if some classes weren't available some other days.
It was fun, easy and very exciting classes. Sure there was some boring moments but overall enjoyable.
It was very easy to apply, register, and meet many helpful people. Overall good experience.
I've found that I can get classes when I need them, there are plenty of class times to make a schedule that fits my life.
I have taken two online classes thus far and received an A in both. Both professors were wonderful and very responsive to emails. Both online classes used Blackboard, the first class was paced by the instructor while the second class workload was posted all at once to complete by the class end date. I enjoyed both styles. The peer-to-peer interaction really depends on the class and how much interaction the professor expects.
I have been impressed with all but one of my professors. The lectures given have always been very informative and the professors are very helpful.
I am using my time at SBVC to get my General Ed out of the way so I can transfer to a university for my Bachelor's degree. I feel that this was the best use of my time at SBVC.
  • Value
My ultimate major when I transfer to a university will be Deaf Studies, I have taken two out of the four American Sign Language classes that SBVC offers. I will have completed all four ASL classes by the time I complete my AA: Humanities and Fine Arts AND AA: Biological and Physical Sciences at SBVC. I have chosen to double major at SBVC because of the support that I've gotten academically.

The workload hasn't been overwhelming thus far, I've been able to balance being a full-time student, wife, and mother. Finals weeks are always a bit chaotic but I think they are for any student.
Review Your College
I was hesitant to attend San Bernardino Valley College but after a year here, I am glad that I made the choice to start. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Professors, the majority that I've had classes with have been helpful beyond my expectations. The support that the school offers in the form of Supplemental Instructors, Counselors, and assistance programs has been amazing. San Bernardino Valley College doesn't pass out A's to anyone who wants them, you have to be willing to work for it but it is possible to succeed here. I have been able to maintain a 4.0 GPA throughout my first year and three summer classes. To top it off, I will be graduating with a double major in the Spring!
This school only wants the best for you! Professors and other staff is very helpful!
A lot of opportunities at this campus.