San Antonio College Reviews

1,743 reviews
I really enjoyed my experience at San Antonio College! Most of the professors I had were always extremely helpful. The staff is always really great about keeping students up to date on everything that is hapening on campus, such as activites and even campus crime. The campus is really nice, especially for a community college. I would 100% recommend San Antonio College to anyone who is looking to get a great education at an unbelievably amazing cost.
The GPS function in the ACES portal is very helpful and probably my favorite thing about ACES. I also love that SAC uses Canvas as opposed to Blackboard because it is much easier to navigate and I never had any issues! Taking classes was an interesting experience, but I honestly almost prefer it because I am peronally self-disciplined and I work much better at home/on my own.
all of the teachers were very nice and they are all invested in seeing their students being successful in their futures.
Start Your Review of San Antonio College
My online experience was very good. The teachers are very flexible and they are very helpful. All expectations were very clear.
Pros: I liked the variety of classes and schedule options. They had wonderful science professors. Cons: Parking was rough. Get classes early in the morning to ensure parking spots. Also, advisors aren't great. Just do your own schedule. I've seen advisors overload freshmen schedules that ended a mess. I did my own schedule and it worked great.
It was very challenging due the class load I had. I had two science classes with labs along with a calculus class. I'm glad it's over. I feel sorry for the other kids doing it this semester.
I loved my online history classes that I took with SAC, however I would not recommend taking science online. At least with my Chem 2 professor, he couldn’t speak English very well, wasn’t proficient with electronics and the tools he tried using, and didn’t respond to emails at normal times of the day.
Most employees are super helpful and kind. The teachers want you to succeed and are more than willing to help you if ask for it.
I love SAC, honestly. This year has been challenging enough alone, but focusing on classes and having attainable goals really helped me feel better about the passing of time and how I was spending it. All of my classes have been over Zoom, which has run surprisingly smooth; I'm grateful for my stable internet connection. All of my teachers and advisors have been incredibly helpful and supportive, even encouraging me to do extracurricular activities that I might not have considered if I didn't have the free time. There have been excellent resources available to the students here at the Alamo Colleges, including a food pantry, from which I have been able to get fresh produce.
I love SAC, honestly. This year has been challenging enough alone, but focusing on classes and having attainable goals really helped me feel better about the passing of time and how I spent it. All of my classes have been over Zoom, which has run surprisingly smooth; I'm grateful for my stable internet connection. Having class over Zoom has been a new experience for everyone involved, but many of my professors have managed to keep things interesting and keep everyone engaged. All of my teachers and advisors have been incredibly helpful and supportive, even encouraging me to do extracurricular activities that I might not have considered if I didn't have the free time. There have been excellent resources available to the students here at the Alamo Colleges, including a food pantry, from which I have been able to get fresh produce.
I am currently taking a "Fundamentals in Bookkeeping and Accounting" course with Alamo Colleges, and they are simply great. My questions are always answered in a timely manner and they provide additional assistance since they understand the struggles that come with remote studies.
Currently, I am enrolled in Adult Training Classes with SAC and could not be any happier. There are a big number of people working in or affiliated with Alamo Colleges that are always willing to help out. If one doesn't know the answer to your question, they are sure to send you to the right direction. I am also going to begin my first year for my Associates Degree this Spring. Since I am the first in my family to even think of going to college, I sure had many questions that were accurately and efficiently answered by SAC representatives. SAC offers many incentives and I am eternally grateful for the many opportunities that they have provided for my continuing education. They also have many programs that make it nearly impossible for one to say that they don't have the right resources to go to college or keep going to college. It is a very open and diverse campus and has made the best of remote studies. Their return to the community is simply outstanding to say the least. I love SAC.
The online courses are super easy just as if you are taking them in person. Plus the professors offer tutoring in person, which helps so much of you are taking a hard class.
It is a great college to go to if you’re trying to earn an associates and transfer! I also played basketball here and it kept me on track with school, offered many tutoring opportunities, got involved with many fun campus activities, and even offered plenty of scholarships throughout the year. Definitely recommend going here, they treat you like family here.
Canvas is pretty simple. You’re able to get around and the whole set up is pretty easy. They also have an app where you can check on your classes.
This is a good school to get started with your basics. The professors I had for Biology were very helpful and informative. I just couldn’t give this school 5 stars because of the lack of communication between administrators and advisors. I felt like quitting sometimes but my professors helped me. The Student Advocacy is an exception to the chaos. Everyone was kind and very helpful. If I ever felt like I couldn’t continue they were there to encourage me on. They have resources that will help you stay in school.
My Online experience is great. Going throught this epidemic, and taking all my classes online now. Everything is going very smooth with the way my Porfessors are teaching everything. Exams, and test are coming at a perfect time. Theres not to many chapters being thrown at us. Homework, and essays aren't being nthrown at us as a "get this done" assignment. All assignments have a purpose.
Start Your Review of San Antonio College
My experience at SAC is the best; I still attend the College to continue my education. I love the environment, the other students. Everyone is pretty chill. There are so many places you can go ,hangout ,and study. The professors I've taken are all great. There are no complaints about the teaching what so ever.
I have been taking online classes for a while now, professors I've had are mostly great. They make online easy, with lots of resources to learning.
Majority of professors are awesome. The only real problem I have had is waiting 6 months for my official major change. Classes are good, classmates are mostly friendly and helpful as well.