Samford University Reviews

If you are looking for a smaller and more conservative school where your professors can know you well you should look no further than Samford! It is a gorgeous campus. It also has an amazing staff who take the time to know you well. It is a Southern Baptist school, so most of the students have more conservative values although they are not insanely conservative and are very open minded to the ideas of other individuals. Samford is also located in a nice area of Birmingham, AL that offers enough fun to try something new every weekend. The area also contains many healthy churches that can enrich your college experience ten-fold.
There are some pitfalls. The diversity here is a bit pitiful and the conservative atmosphere of the school may also be suffocating to certain individuals. Parties are fairly few and far between. However, it is easy to find other places in Birmingham to party or dance if you are looking for that sort of scene.
Very personal! But expensive. Faculty cares about you. Beautiful campus. Safe environment. Not much diversity. Baptist-affiliated. Very spiritual. Requires convocation credits before graduation.
I love the community at Samford. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The professors are very invested in their students and the classes are small. There is a lot to do on campus to get involved and the Greek system is strong. The only thing missing from Samford is an engineering school.
Start Your Review of Samford University
Samford University is the perfect college and the education it teaches prepares one for future success in whatever career they pursue. The professors care about your success and work with you to help you be successful in whatever class.
If you're looking for a school that will nurture and foster your faith while also providing you with a stellar community to love and support you - come to Samford.
It was a great environment on a great campus. I went and experienced a truly gospel-centered life, curriculum, and athletics. The fair was diverse and had some amazing careers to pursue. I highly recommend looking at this college.
I love my time at Samford. They provide me with the exact education I need to go out professionally into my field one day. I have been given several opportunities there that I feel wouldn't have come at any other school. I love my professors and my friends and the environment that Samford provides.
Samford offers many programs that one may excel in, but above all else, I am surprised to find that every staff member, faculty, employee meets you with kindness and a willing attitude to serve you. Entering the pharmacy program this coming fall, they have been so adamant about preparing you for success, and that says a lot about the program's integrity!
I will be a sophomore this upcoming year at Samford University. I enjoyed my freshman year. I felt the school made it easy to meet new people. If I could change one thing about Samford, it would be the diversity. I would love to see more students of different race and diverse backgrounds.
If I could go back to my senior year of high school I would not pick any other college. I am going into my Junior year and still having the best experience. I picked Samford because it is a small Christian college with a great nursing program. Samford amazes me daily with the community it brings. The people make Samford what it is. They are friendly to everyone and great people to learn and grow with making lifelong friends. Also, the academics do not disappoint. School is hard but the faulty make it worth it. The professors are genuinely caring to their students and what the best for them as a person. Another great addition is the proximity to Birmingham. Birmingham is only about 10 minutes away from Samford and it is always fun being a tourist in my own town. There is always something new to discover in Birmingham and a fun way to get off campus every once in awhile to explore. One thing I would like to see change is the food and library hours.
This is a wonderful school that provides a wonderful education and college experience. The campus is beautiful and faculty and staff care about their students.
i have loved my time at samford so much and am always looking forward to going back. The classes can be challenging and some professors are hard but you will learn and grow a lot. The people are very friendly and welcoming and there are many events on campus. Campus is beautiful!! Birmingham also has somethings but definitely not a big party scene , it is more laid back. The campus food isn't the best but the local food off campus is amazing! GO TO SAMFORD!!
I cannot imagine going to a different college. If you're looking for a positive college experience and can afford to come to Samford, do it. The professors will take time to know you. We obviously have a beautiful campus, but it's the community that makes Samford so amazing. I'll walk around the quad and can expect to see many people I know and have real, life-on-life conversations with people, and I'm not even one of the popular people. I'll admit that my parents paid for my education, but I would take out loans and pay them back for the rest of my life if I had to to stay at Samford. Don't expect to be sheltered, but the friends I've made here have helped develop me as a person and you can't replace that.
Samford really has become a second home to me. With a nurturing environment that strives for excellence in all areas, Samford provides its students with incredible opportunities both in the classroom and in the larger community of Birmingham.
People are super friendly here and it's pretty easy to get involved in things. Everything is in walking distance and the surrounding area is amazing. It's fifteen minutes from the center of Birmingham and most attractions. The food is not the best, but the rest of what Samford has to offer far out ways that.
I absolutely loved my first semester at Samford. It has always been my dream school and I was not disappointed.
Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at Samford. The classes have been small, so the professors can really work personally with you. They are challenging and it is definitely not easy to earn an A in most classes. The campus is absolutely gorgeous and it is great to look at. I love the fact that faith is taken extremely seriously in most activities and classes. However, I do not like the fact that there is barely any diversity on campus, and that there is a certain "type" of person that has to attend Samford. Most people are wealthy white people who have been spoiled their whole lives, and Samford continues to spoil them. Coming from a white, middle class family, this can be suffocating and sometimes makes me doubt my decision in attending this school. It is not a good feeling to be compared to everybody else because of your car or because you did not go to a private school. I cannot say that I am completely happy with my experience at Samford.
Start Your Review of Samford University
Samford University is a beautiful campus with professors that truly care about you and your experience there. At night, fireflies can be seen floating throughout the rolling green hills. The environment is very inviting, inside and outside of the classrooms. The faculty here are very professional and involved in the lives of their students. They do everything that they can to ensure success for all who choose to attend Samford University.
Samford is a great school with great opportunities to grow as a person not only in maturity, but also in your faith! The people rock. I highly reccommend.
Samford University is an outstanding college with a great Christian community that allows students to continue their education in whatever they plan to achieve.