Samford University Reviews

Samford has great academics and plenty of areas were you can get involved on campus. They're are also plenty of research opportunities with professors in the Biology Dept. There are also plenty of opportunities to work on campus if you come into college without a car. The diversity is not that great even though they say that to minority students.
Great school if you are looking for a small to medium size university. The campus is beautifully maintained. The class sizes are small and professors really care about students. Birmingham is a great place with all kinds of restaurants, entertainment, and shopping.
Samford, while not perfect, is a well rounded and great university. I am proud to be a student here and to be apart of so many wonderful things that Samford has to offer.
Start Your Review of Samford University
Everyone is very friendly and you get a great education. Although there is an expectation of judgement because it is a Christian college, I have found some of the least judgemental and loving people in my life at Samford. You also start classes for your major as a freshman!
I have loved my freshman year at Samford. I love the small community and the professors that invest in their students. I also love that there are so many ways to get involved on campus in various activities. I am a part of greek life and one thing I love about it here at Samford is that it doesn't have to be the only thing you are known for on campus. One thing that could be improved is more parking.
Samford University is a great Christian private school, where you can get a quality education and amazing professors that care about you. It has a beautiful campus that you will enjoy. The only downside is there isn't a lot of diversity, so a person that might come from another culture more than just an American culture can feel lost.
I graduated from Samford in 2009 with a BSN in Nursing. I loved all aspects of my experience; I cherish the memories made while I was there. The academics and professors are wonderful and very knowledgeable. I felt extremely prepared once I graduated and entered the work force. My roommates were the best - we are still connected today and were in even each other's weddings. There is a lot of opportunity to get involved in activities in the community as well; service to others is encouraged. I give Samford an A+ in overall experience, as I will never forget my time at one of the best colleges around!
Samford University does its best to help student excel in their future career goals. The teachers are personal and always makes sure the students are academically, physically, and emotionally doing their best.
Have been accepted to the Pharmacy Program for fall 2018. Great people, beautiful campus and exceptional learning environment.
The entire BSN program is unorganized, the professors do not teach the material we are tested on, they have very low tolerance for anyone that has a learning or mental health disability.
No other student body is more welcoming and compassionate, and there's a palpable sense of camaraderie among the students that manifests in study groups and intramural teams and congregations in the library. It's a place where everyone feels comfortable and able to do their best academic work and where students are proud of their education. Because of the all-encompassing Christian atmosphere, Greek Life at Samford is noble, well-behaved, and active in the community. The members of Greek organizations are the most involved on campus, hold almost all leadership positions, and organize the most campus-wide events. Academically, students are challenged to go above and beyond because every professor is highly invested in his or her students on a personal level.
Right now I am a freshman at Samford university. So far everything is going great and I like everything about this school. The professors are great, the campus is great, the athletics, and the student life is great as well. The teachers and professors here are very outgoing and willing to help you if you need it. The professors works well with the students all of them. I have nothing that I want to change on the campus right now.
If you are looking for a smaller and more conservative school where your professors can know you well you should look no further than Samford! It is a gorgeous campus. It also has an amazing staff who take the time to know you well. It is a Southern Baptist school, so most of the students have more conservative values although they are not insanely conservative and are very open minded to the ideas of other individuals. Samford is also located in a nice area of Birmingham, AL that offers enough fun to try something new every weekend. The area also contains many healthy churches that can enrich your college experience ten-fold.
There are some pitfalls. The diversity here is a bit pitiful and the conservative atmosphere of the school may also be suffocating to certain individuals. Parties are fairly few and far between. However, it is easy to find other places in Birmingham to party or dance if you are looking for that sort of scene.
Very personal! But expensive. Faculty cares about you. Beautiful campus. Safe environment. Not much diversity. Baptist-affiliated. Very spiritual. Requires convocation credits before graduation.
I love the community at Samford. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The professors are very invested in their students and the classes are small. There is a lot to do on campus to get involved and the Greek system is strong. The only thing missing from Samford is an engineering school.
Samford University is the perfect college and the education it teaches prepares one for future success in whatever career they pursue. The professors care about your success and work with you to help you be successful in whatever class.
If you're looking for a school that will nurture and foster your faith while also providing you with a stellar community to love and support you - come to Samford.
Start Your Review of Samford University
It was a great environment on a great campus. I went and experienced a truly gospel-centered life, curriculum, and athletics. The fair was diverse and had some amazing careers to pursue. I highly recommend looking at this college.
I love my time at Samford. They provide me with the exact education I need to go out professionally into my field one day. I have been given several opportunities there that I feel wouldn't have come at any other school. I love my professors and my friends and the environment that Samford provides.
Samford offers many programs that one may excel in, but above all else, I am surprised to find that every staff member, faculty, employee meets you with kindness and a willing attitude to serve you. Entering the pharmacy program this coming fall, they have been so adamant about preparing you for success, and that says a lot about the program's integrity!