Samford University Reviews

Samford University is a great Christian private school, where you can get a quality education and amazing professors that care about you. It has a beautiful campus that you will enjoy. The only downside is there isn't a lot of diversity, so a person that might come from another culture more than just an American culture can feel lost.
I graduated from Samford in 2009 with a BSN in Nursing. I loved all aspects of my experience; I cherish the memories made while I was there. The academics and professors are wonderful and very knowledgeable. I felt extremely prepared once I graduated and entered the work force. My roommates were the best - we are still connected today and were in even each other's weddings. There is a lot of opportunity to get involved in activities in the community as well; service to others is encouraged. I give Samford an A+ in overall experience, as I will never forget my time at one of the best colleges around!
Samford University does its best to help student excel in their future career goals. The teachers are personal and always makes sure the students are academically, physically, and emotionally doing their best.
Start Your Review of Samford University
Have been accepted to the Pharmacy Program for fall 2018. Great people, beautiful campus and exceptional learning environment.
The entire BSN program is unorganized, the professors do not teach the material we are tested on, they have very low tolerance for anyone that has a learning or mental health disability.
No other student body is more welcoming and compassionate, and there's a palpable sense of camaraderie among the students that manifests in study groups and intramural teams and congregations in the library. It's a place where everyone feels comfortable and able to do their best academic work and where students are proud of their education. Because of the all-encompassing Christian atmosphere, Greek Life at Samford is noble, well-behaved, and active in the community. The members of Greek organizations are the most involved on campus, hold almost all leadership positions, and organize the most campus-wide events. Academically, students are challenged to go above and beyond because every professor is highly invested in his or her students on a personal level.
Right now I am a freshman at Samford university. So far everything is going great and I like everything about this school. The professors are great, the campus is great, the athletics, and the student life is great as well. The teachers and professors here are very outgoing and willing to help you if you need it. The professors works well with the students all of them. I have nothing that I want to change on the campus right now.
If you are looking for a smaller and more conservative school where your professors can know you well you should look no further than Samford! It is a gorgeous campus. It also has an amazing staff who take the time to know you well. It is a Southern Baptist school, so most of the students have more conservative values although they are not insanely conservative and are very open minded to the ideas of other individuals. Samford is also located in a nice area of Birmingham, AL that offers enough fun to try something new every weekend. The area also contains many healthy churches that can enrich your college experience ten-fold.
There are some pitfalls. The diversity here is a bit pitiful and the conservative atmosphere of the school may also be suffocating to certain individuals. Parties are fairly few and far between. However, it is easy to find other places in Birmingham to party or dance if you are looking for that sort of scene.
Very personal! But expensive. Faculty cares about you. Beautiful campus. Safe environment. Not much diversity. Baptist-affiliated. Very spiritual. Requires convocation credits before graduation.
I love the community at Samford. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The professors are very invested in their students and the classes are small. There is a lot to do on campus to get involved and the Greek system is strong. The only thing missing from Samford is an engineering school.
Samford University is the perfect college and the education it teaches prepares one for future success in whatever career they pursue. The professors care about your success and work with you to help you be successful in whatever class.
If you're looking for a school that will nurture and foster your faith while also providing you with a stellar community to love and support you - come to Samford.
It was a great environment on a great campus. I went and experienced a truly gospel-centered life, curriculum, and athletics. The fair was diverse and had some amazing careers to pursue. I highly recommend looking at this college.
I love my time at Samford. They provide me with the exact education I need to go out professionally into my field one day. I have been given several opportunities there that I feel wouldn't have come at any other school. I love my professors and my friends and the environment that Samford provides.
Samford offers many programs that one may excel in, but above all else, I am surprised to find that every staff member, faculty, employee meets you with kindness and a willing attitude to serve you. Entering the pharmacy program this coming fall, they have been so adamant about preparing you for success, and that says a lot about the program's integrity!
I will be a sophomore this upcoming year at Samford University. I enjoyed my freshman year. I felt the school made it easy to meet new people. If I could change one thing about Samford, it would be the diversity. I would love to see more students of different race and diverse backgrounds.
If I could go back to my senior year of high school I would not pick any other college. I am going into my Junior year and still having the best experience. I picked Samford because it is a small Christian college with a great nursing program. Samford amazes me daily with the community it brings. The people make Samford what it is. They are friendly to everyone and great people to learn and grow with making lifelong friends. Also, the academics do not disappoint. School is hard but the faulty make it worth it. The professors are genuinely caring to their students and what the best for them as a person. Another great addition is the proximity to Birmingham. Birmingham is only about 10 minutes away from Samford and it is always fun being a tourist in my own town. There is always something new to discover in Birmingham and a fun way to get off campus every once in awhile to explore. One thing I would like to see change is the food and library hours.
Start Your Review of Samford University
This is a wonderful school that provides a wonderful education and college experience. The campus is beautiful and faculty and staff care about their students.
i have loved my time at samford so much and am always looking forward to going back. The classes can be challenging and some professors are hard but you will learn and grow a lot. The people are very friendly and welcoming and there are many events on campus. Campus is beautiful!! Birmingham also has somethings but definitely not a big party scene , it is more laid back. The campus food isn't the best but the local food off campus is amazing! GO TO SAMFORD!!
I cannot imagine going to a different college. If you're looking for a positive college experience and can afford to come to Samford, do it. The professors will take time to know you. We obviously have a beautiful campus, but it's the community that makes Samford so amazing. I'll walk around the quad and can expect to see many people I know and have real, life-on-life conversations with people, and I'm not even one of the popular people. I'll admit that my parents paid for my education, but I would take out loans and pay them back for the rest of my life if I had to to stay at Samford. Don't expect to be sheltered, but the friends I've made here have helped develop me as a person and you can't replace that.