Samford University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division I-FCS
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.51 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.50 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.50 responses
Most Popular Majors
Pharmacy Studies108 Graduates
Business Administration and Management28 Graduates
Human Development26 Graduates
Teacher Education for Multiple Levels26 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management25 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.52 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.66 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.34 responses
Samford University Reviews
Samford offers many programs that one may excel in, but above all else, I am surprised to find that every staff member, faculty, employee meets you with kindness and a willing attitude to serve you. Entering the pharmacy program this coming fall, they have been so adamant about preparing you for success, and that says a lot about the program's integrity!
I am Greek, so I'm a little biased, but I love Greek Life! We have a really good Greek Life Office and lots of programs and activities. There are now 6 sororities and 5 fraternities, everyone has a house except for one newer fraternity and the new sorority. The greek housing is pretty nice, it's not on the state school level, but it's nicer than most of the other dorms on campus. From my experience, being Greek doesn't mean that I am only friends with my sorority sisters, yes I spend a lot of time with them and I love them, but my "friend group" has only two other greeks in it, the rest are independents. Being Greek at Samford doesn't define you, you are given the choice to make it what you want to.
Very personal! But expensive. Faculty cares about you. Beautiful campus. Safe environment. Not much diversity. Baptist-affiliated. Very spiritual. Requires convocation credits before graduation.