Salve Regina University Reviews

Salve Regina is a great school equipped with many opportunities for success. I really enjoy its small, tight-knit community. That way you can get to know your classmates as well as your professors. The campus is beautiful, with its mansions that you can live in, as well as easy access to the cliff walk (it's part of our campus :) ). The areas that are lacking at Salve are definitely diversity and food. Salve is a predominately white school and it definitely needs to step up its diversity. Salve only has one main dining hall, many times there are not enough options and there is little variety, especially on the weekends. The dining hall participates in events like Mardi Gras where the food is delicious, so they are capable of cooking good food, but they do not do so everyday. However, Salve has been working to improve both of these categories, and in the two years I have been there I have definitely noticed some improvement.
Newport is a beautiful city, and it's great if you love being on the ocean. Activities can be limited if you are under 21, as it is on an island so there are only so many things to access. However, the scenery is beautiful and there is no shortage of amazing places to go to eat or get a coffee.
I love Salve, I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. The campus is undeniably beauftiful and Newport is the perfect location. I have experienced some disappointment with the professors, they're all qualified but many hold outdated ideas and are unable to work with students. My department only has one professor, she is overworked and takes it out on us. The party life and experience at salve becomes excellent once you're 21, till then its lacking.
Start Your Review of Salve Regina University
My son toured over 21 college campuses and applied to 12. He got into to several colleges but chose Salve. He liked the smaller campus feel and absolutely loved the campus on the ocean filled with mansions. The main academic building (O'Hare) was recently renovated (I believe the upgrades were $26 million) including state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms. He loves the school and the key is to get involved with sports, clubs, volunteering, study groups, and social activities in the dorm. If you are looking for a large college or big time Division I sports, this is probably not your school. However, if you are looking for a solid school that is on the smaller side with a beautiful campus located in a resort town and personalized attention from professors then you should check out Salve Regina. We were overjoyed when our son said "I have no doubt this was the best choice for me and I love this place".
Highly recommend Salve! The campus is beautiful! The staff are exceptional. The school has a state of the art science building which they invested into recently. If your looking for a small school in a prime location this school should most definitely be on your radar. They are growing & expanding!
I am a currently a first-year at Salve Regina, ending my second semester. My first year so far has been great. The resources and the community at Salve Regina are definitely available and open to everyone on campus. Although, the diversity rate is a bit low I was still able to find those with similar backgrounds and interests as me.
Salve Regina is a beautiful and unique university that puts their students' interests first. This school helps each student and faculty member feel at home and accepted in every area. As an education major I feel as though I get the best first hand experience that is possible in comparison to other universities that offer similar programs. I feel beyond prepared to join the work force and this is because Salve goes above and beyond to help me achieve in every area possible.
I really liked how Salve Regina presented themselves. They seem very organized and are really on top of things. Class sizes are small and the professors truly care about the success of their students.
As a freshman, I am really enjoying my time at Salve. It is perfect for me size wise, as I did not want to have to travel or walk far to attend my classes. The class sizes are also small enough to be able to know your professor personally and get the help you need. Salve is a very diverse and accepting school that I am proud to be attending.
I love Salve Regina because it is a close-knit environment that welcomes anyone who wishes to join the community. I experienced this when I first toured the campus, which was the indicator that made me choose to attend Salve.
I absolutely love Salve! I would never want to go anywhere else, considering I don't think any other campus could compare to Salve's.
Overall Salve is a wonderful university. One where the professors, students, and staff create a community of kindness, making the campus feel like a home. Though it is a small school its impact is large, as Salve gives each student different opportunities and opens many doors depending on the individual's path. Personally, I have been able to take advantage of many life-changing opportunities, such as studying abroad and diving into community service, all of which I have Salve to thank. All in all, I believe Salve is a university like no other, one that gives back to their students and makes time for the individual.
I have had a great experience thus far at Salve. My professors have been very helpful and seem to care about their students. The overall feeling of the school is warm and welcoming.
Loved it, but feels somewhat small sometimes! Great area, and it's so nice to always be looking at the ocean. The dorms are often old mansions and so beautiful.
I love how Salve Regina University became a very welcoming community for me. The professors are always dedicated to helping me learn and experience my education in a unique way.
The campus is breathtaking. The diversity of majors is great. The professors are always anxious to help you succeed with small class size and extra hours for consulting and tutoring.
Pretty good school. Is really good for nursing, education, and administration of justice majors. The food is Sodexo though, which means the food at Salve is pretty mediocre and they have a lot of the same things over and over. The professors are pretty good and offer lots of help. The party scene isn't that great - if you're looking for a good party school go somewhere else. Salve has parties at sports houses, but if you don't know anyone there you won't get in. The dorms are pretty nice, especially upperclassmen housing.
Start Your Review of Salve Regina University
Beautiful campus, kind students, caring faculty. Not much more you could ask for in a university of this caliber.
Salve Regina is a great community if you look in the right places. Obviously sticking to cliques and niches isn't going to help you. It's very easy to get involved on campus while balancing work load and a social life. As a senior, I'm satisfied with what I've experienced at Salve; however, I would improve on its diversity, the school's mission integration, and assessing the five critical Mercy concerns. Although diversity and academics could be improved just like at any other school, Salve has given me plenty of opportunities to grow as a person. Since it is a smaller school, Salve has given me great, personal connections and lifelong friends.
This is my first year at the school. I am an art major there. I was thinking of transforing when i got extrememly home sick but some teachers are just so great there and the art department is like a family i couldnt imaine going anywhere else. Truely love it there overall