Salt Lake Community College Reviews

1,831 reviews
As an attending freshman at SLCC my overall experience has been better than ever! Before setting foot in a college I was informed of all of the stigmas, like, 'the classes are extremely boring' or 'college bills stack up fast'. First of all, at SLCC every professor I've had has kept me awake, entertained, and involved. Second, there are multiple resources at SLCC that can help damper the bills. Before class even starts, I'm already pumped for the class to start. Though one idea that I would like to see get turned into effect is serving more vegan/vegetarian. My sister and I want to go for lunch but the food trucks or cafeteria both have a very narrow selection.
I really like the environment here, I never feel out of place. I meet all different people from different cultures, backgrounds, intelligence. The teachers are great and care about you. The facility is very helpful and quick to respond.
I loved Salt Lake Community College and still love it, Im still going there. The classrooms are super small and everyone is super nice and all the teachers are super nice.
Review Salt Lake Community College
I have had a great experience at this local college. The staff is wonderful, I would like here to be more availability for certain classes.
I love how easily assessable they make their resources. They have free tutoring thats open during great hours. The teachers are helpful and always willing to help you before or after class. I love that the credits are easily transferable to the University of Utah.
Salt Lake Community College is such a great school I haven't had a bad experience yet. The professors are so helpful and willing to work with me as well as the advisers, they help me figure out my schedule and what classes that i should take to help me get to my degree. They are a good community of people and I always feel like I can share my opinions. I love my school!
My experience at SLCC Is nothing special I enjoy the school because it is close and there are many campuses around Utah.
This is my second year at SLCC. I really like how there's a new tutoring center at the Taylorsville campus. Specifically for math and science help.
The class availability and variety is good. Times for afternoon classes work for me since I work full time.
great locations and public transit. Professors were helpful and friendly and I was lucky as they were all dedicated to the students.
I have attended 4 other colleges/universities. SLCC is hands down the best. the class size is awesome. Majority of the teachers are amazing and down to earth. The support from admin is amazing. There are a few teachers that I would stay away from if you can, but I just check rate my professor.com and this keeps me safe. The cost is so much lower and the education quality is not. In my opinion it is so much better! I wish they had a 4 year nursing program! I would stay with them throughout my whole college career if I could. Parking isn't horrible like other schools. you might have to walk a little, but there is always somewhere to park. passes are not expensive like other universities. Make the right choice and go here for your associates.
What I like is that it's very diverse and all the teachers help out in any questions you have. I've had family who have gone and said they liked it alot and now I'm going there I really recommend it for a start!
Amazing faculty, good wifi, and a wide range of course offerings. Class sizes are small so instructors and professors get to know and care about you. The biggest draw back is that it is a two-year community college so it caries a reputation of not being as good as the four year schools in the area, this is simply not true. I love attending SLCC.
SLCC has been a fantastic school. They do everything they can to help students succeed and find the best path to finish school the fastest. My teachers and administrators have been very accommodating and understanding. There are always new resources that I'm learning about. My only complaint is campus security: Utah Highway Patrol. They don't care about students safety at all. They don't think students affairs should interfere with their day-to-day.
The teachers are great, motivated and willing. If you are attending and attentive you will walk away with a great experience.

The campus is clean and neat, seems they are always trying to find ways of
improvement.

Super excited to continue my education here.
I liked the small classes at salt lake community college. There's a cozy environment there. The academics are not very challenging.
The College is very affordable compared to the local universities. Transferring to the University of Utah was very easy as well. The class room setting is more personal having fewer students. The only negative feed back I have is the food court is not good and not enough variety to chose from.
Review Salt Lake Community College
Easy to sign up. Helpful and friendly staff. I love the buildings, and the classrooms. Especially the newer ones. The color scheme is taking.
I have really enjoyed my time at SLCC. I graduated with my associates in December and I am still here taking pre-recs and then I will get my bachelors through SLCC.
Well maintained buildings, and a team of professors and administration striving to improve. Many services are available to help current and prospective students succeed and find employment or transfer to a 4-year university.