Salem State University Reviews

1,045 reviews
I haven't been to salem state yet but it is a very good school. I will be transferring over in the fall 2018. I'm very excited to know more about it and see all of the diversity they have.
SSU is a pretty good school overall, the professors are great, and the classes have an appropriate level of challenge to them.
The faculty are great. They definitely know what they are teaching and are almost always willing to go the extra mile and meet with you one-on-one outside of the classroom. There are so much opportunities to get involved on campus. There is always an event happening so you're never bored.
Start Your Review of Salem State University
I love ssu! From the teachers to the atmosphere I feel like I could not have picked a better school to fit me. Everyone is so welcoming and for the most part all teachers are willing to help better their students and help them pass. There is not much to complain about SSU. They offer all the resources you need to pass and get your degree.
I really like the environment around Salem especially downtown. There is such amazing food, stores, people, and views with so much history. The door rooms here at Salem State are very nice, they do a great job cleaning them and updating them. The only thing I would personally change is the food, the dinning halls seem to have the same thing every night with not a lot of options.
By having my strong example of a mother graduate and get her masters in social work from this institute I am following in her foot steps and will be getting my degree in psychology. Salem welcomed me with open arms and made me feel thankful to have the opportunity to study, learn, and grow there.
I liked the atmosphere of Salem State University. It was very upbeat and mostly positive. The only thing that lacked for me was the size and spacing of the campus and how they weren't all connected.
I loved Salem State. The professors really care about your well being and want you to succeed. There are a lot of opportunities for student involvement.
I love the school in general, the campus, my dorm, my friends, events, etc. But I feel as if the school has lost a lot over the past few years. I feel as if they think of students in regards to the money they will receive from us and not about what they should be doing for us. The food is terrible, parking is impossible, Residence Life is ridiculously tough in places it shouldn't be but at the same time very lacking in helpfulness. I am almost a Senior and until this year I had never had the same advisor more than once, having been bounced around in the system and brushed underneath the rug. There are professors who are hard to understand or who are here for the research and travel opportunities instead of actually teaching, who won't answer emails or be helpful whatsoever. This school used to be one of my favorite places but within the last year it has completely let me down.
I went to Salem State University for a college visit. I fell in love with the campus and I also loved the sense of community here. I encourage people to go and visit this school and check out the different activities there are for students. I Am defiantly considering going here.
Salem State is a good school overall there are just a couple problems with acceptance within the students.
If students wish to succeed at Salem State University, they must be proactive about their education and future. The Salem State provides many resources and opportunities for students should they choose to look for them. I have had some incredible professors here who are very invested in their students' success and well-being who have changed my vision of my future. If living on campus, I recommend trying to downsize to a smaller meal plan and learning how to cook a few healthy options in your dorm room.
My experience attending Salem University has been a great inspiration and motivational experience to succeed and continue on completing my future goals .The courses are easily accessible and informative .With many accessible help tools available taking courses are made easy and well taught by professors who care for a successful academic experience.Having a well informative library accessible to all .Many courses available . A very well diversified school. The only thing that needs to change about the school are the school colors.
I love then environment and how everyone is kind. In the classes, they're small. I rather the class size be small because you're an actual person and not just a number. If I could change something, then I would add a swim team because I was a swimmer for four years and I would love the chance to compete again.
Salem State University is a typical four year institution that offers accommodations for both residential and commuter students. I enjoyed the very spacious library that was just built on campus. The library used to be open much longer, until 2 am every morning but now they are only open until midnight, which I think hurts many nontraditional students who have other commitments. The on campus food options are also disappointing and often sickening. Lastly, the parking situation is horrendous. Resident students have a dwindling amount of parking currently, and the amount of space for resident students decreases yearly and becomes more expensive.
I love how inclusive the campus here is! I would however like to see more preparedness for the real world.
I am a freshman, so I have not experienced much so far, but from what I have, it has been great. The food is really the only downer, I would say. But the professors are great, class availability, the honors program, and all the sports and clubs are really great. Also getting a free gym membership to the gym on campus is great.
Start Your Review of Salem State University
I like Salem a lot academically. Socially this school lacks a lot. There has been a lot of brutal prejudice things going around campus. Although these things occur, the school does a very good job at minority coming together so that everyone feels both safe and equal.
There's been problems recently with racism. Particularly graffitied racist messages on Central Campus. It can also be difficult getting assistance from the school in various ways. Whether it be the Nav center, student life, disability, ect. answer times tend to be slow if sometimes at all. It varies depending on the office you're reaching out to and how annoying you're willing to be.
Being a second semester freshman I have defiantly seen a the difference between being in high school in my hometown and now living in Salem for school. The overall community of the school is a little smaller than I would prefer but I am slowly adjusting to it. The school has so many intriguing programs that are available to all of the students which allows us to expand out knowledge in a variety of ways, especially outside of the academics factors.