Salem State University Reviews

Overall Salem State University is a really good school to go to, but I will not say that it is perfect. On a positive note, it's a very accepting School with a very good Nursing program as well as Social Work and Education being the primary majors here. You'll also find a very interactive Geology/Geography program as well at the opportunity to research as as a Psychology major. There are also a ton, and I mean A TON of student involvement activities and get togethers so you can meet other students. It also is quite affordable compared to other state schools, even those in Boston.

On the downside, it is not a college for conservatives. Liberals flood this campus. Also, the food on campus is not that great. Also, lots of walking. Parking can be a pain.
Salem State has a pretty diverse students body. I like the fact that most of my classes are pretty small so I could have more interactions with professors. Professors are willing to help if you show the interest. Regarding Computer Science, the department is relatively small and there's very limited resources at Career Service or Annual Career Fair. If you make use of all resources available, I believe Salem State is not a bad choice for affordable higher education.
My experience at Salem State while not all that negative had some bumps on the road that I feel need to be addressed. While I understand some things are out of the school's hands, I wished they would still hire tutors for the classes that seniors take in order to graduate because there are courses that would require further understanding.
Review Salem State University
good college, medium/hard classes for a biology degree. the only down side is trying to graduate in 4 years. registration is a mess and you cant always get all the classes you need to graduate on time and sometimes you have to take an extra semester or two to graduate.
I've notice this school is very 'my way or the highway.' there needs to be more accommodation and understanding.
Salem State University is a small college where the professors actually know who you are. Professors at Salem State University are willing to help their students. Although the academics aren't horrible, housing and food situations could be a lot better.
I really love it here at Salem State University. Everyone here is very welcoming and there are many resources here on campus to help you succeed and be the best student that you could possibly be. there are many different activities on campus that one can easily join. I recently just joined Theta Phi Alpha, and all of the girls are really amazing and great people. I am also apart of LASO (Latin American Student Organization) and they are very accepting of everyone that comes into contacting with them. The professors here are also very inviting and welcoming and encourage you to reach out to them if you ever need help. Everyone here wants to see you succeed.
I love that I can be myself without judgement on campus. However, in this liberalism, I find some intolerance of people with more conservative views. Other than that, I feel I've gotten my money's worth of education here.
I actually work at Salem State University and am going back to earn my Bachelor's degree. From what students say, the university is more affordable than those in the surrounding areas. I know a lot of the staff and they have helped me enroll, complete my FAFSA, and become prepared to start this summer. I am a single mom of 16 year old twins who also have an interest in SSU for fall 2018. The amount of help I received really took the stress out of the way. I am feeling more confident than ever being an older adult going back to school. I was 30 when I entered college for my associate's degree and my twins were 2 and I did it! I also want to be a role model for my family and other single moms, like myself.
This my second semester in SSU and I feel that this place is amazing, there a lot of diversity, a amazing atmosphere and the faculty are amazing. I was so afraid about my first semester, but thanks God I made it with good grades. Overall this place is amazing the faculty are very responsible and passionate.
Awesome academic life, especially their nursing program! Downtown Salem is only a 5 minute drive away! Each campus is walking distance and the class sizes are small!
I like the learning environment at Ssu, however there is a lack of communication with departments and professors and they cause more confusion than help
The professors at SSU are absolutely amazing. Experienced, understanding, and knowledgeable in their respective fields. Campus has shown significant improvement over the past few years, and Salem is a really cool city. Administration is difficult to communicate with, and the Bursar's office coordination with students could use improvement.
So far, I have loved it here at Salem State. It was the only school with Biomedical Science, and the Biology program here is outstanding. The amount of diversity here amazes me, and that's what I value most about any college experience. My friends and professors have been nothing but supportive and made this experience worthwhile for me.
Salem state has a lot of helpful resources on campus that are helpful and many clubs. The best resource is their "labs" for different subject where you can show up and there are honors students and faculty that will help you with your homework or material you need help with such as the math lab is where you go if you need help in math, and the English lab is if you need help with writing, literature, grammar and other things.
Also salem state has really diverse people in their clubs and the clubs are diverse. There is a large variety from the Black Bees club to LASSO (For students of a Hispanic back ground).
I would recommend Salem state to anyone because of its wonderful faculty and programs to help students know each other and excel in college.
I loved my time at SSU. All the professors I had were laid back but still passionate about their work and their teaching, and I've yet to experience a bad class. The campus is nice, some buildings are old, but overall everything is in walking distance of each other and in a very safe area of town. Salem itself is also super fun, especially around October. It doesn't have much of the "suburb feel" and feels more like a little city instead. SSU is definitely a good school, you get your money's worth for sure.
I remember applying for colleges and not having any idea of Salem State University until one of my counselors told me to apply there because they had a good Nursing program and so I did, then took a tour of the school and absolutely loved it. It wasn't too big nor too small, I could get to my classes in less than five minutes which was good because then I wouldn't have to worry about waking up too early or being in a rush. The faculty and staff at the school are helpful; they like to see students succeed as well as teachers do too. The school offers many clubs and sports, there will be something to do on campus to your liking and if there isn't, then you can create a new club. Everyone has a good time in this school and enjoy it!
Review Salem State University
What I've really liked about Salem State University is that it has a pretty diverse student body. This university is located in the heart of Salem, MA and there's tons of things to do within walking distance. The campus is not too big nor too small, and it is pretty progressive with many things. They are starting to divest from fossil fuels, they are one of the only state schools to have a trans flag raised among the other flags.
I love Salem state a lot. The school is really great. I love how the professors love what they do. Somehow I will like for salem state to hire more professors. Most of the sciences course only have one professor, it not right. There more rooms for other professors.
Salem State university Campus is beautiful. Being there is comforting and traveling between classes is pretty easy. Everything is nearby.The Diversity is what I like about the school I look forward to being on campus!