Saint Xavier University Reviews

After my first year at Saint Xavier University I have realized that it makes students focus on education and only that. The social life is there as far as freshman life goes because of the freshman dorms are made for community life. I’ve heard it gets hard to be social in the dorms once students finish freshman year because school gets harder and students get busier. Overall the education great and the staff cares for the students and most times go out of their way to help.
So far I'm in my second year of college, and so far I have enjoyed myself at SXU. There are so many events that go on, and everyone can participate in. They have given away free ice cream if you take a survey in the diner. They also have bakes sales and days where students can post positive notes on sticky notes on a wall. Everyday is interesting and there is so much more to look forward to.
I love this University. I attended it back in 1991 and due to circumstances, didn't continue my education there. I am back now in the School of Nursing Accelerated BSN program and am excited to continue at the university. I love the richness of its history and the highly regarded school of nursing program. The one negative I've seen so far is in the condition of the science labs, at least the one I have a class in. The lab could use some updating, especially in the equipment and seating. More emphasis needs to be on updating those areas especially if they want to compete with area schools that do update their laboratories.
Start Your Review of Saint Xavier University
I loved my experience there. The staff and professors are great and provided a ton of information I'll be able to use in the workplace. They're a fantastic university.
I recently went on a tour and the experience was excellent. After seeing the inside and outside of Saint Xavier I can truly say that the campus is beautiful. The school has many different opportunities to offer, and is a top tier college in the Midwest. I recommend looking at this school if possible it is a great atmosphere I promise.
Saint Xavier University is a warm and welcoming home for all races, genders, religions, and more. You will meet tons of new people and it is a guarantee you will make some of the greatest friends you will ever have in life! The professors genuinely care about your presence in their class and actually want you to succeed. Saint Xavier is everything any college student could wish for.
I think Saint Xavier university is great. There is so much diversity, and it offers many majors and minors. There is so many event and clubs, anyone can find a place here.
Saint Xavier is a school with pretty small classrooms which allow students to connect with their professors. This school is perfect for students who like more attention and one on ones with professors.
Something I really liked about Saint Xavier University is that it is a school that is specialized in the medical field. I have someone close to me that goes to this school and is studying to become a nurse. I had a talk with her and told me that Saint Xavier is a really good school if we want to study medicine. If I get to attend Saint Xavier, I will have a lot of great experience once I get used to my new form of living.
I love how everyone at Saint Xavier is so friendly. Saint Xavier University makes you feel like home with everyone so welcoming. Overall all the professors I have had are the friendliest and willing to help with anything that we need as students. Saint Xavier is kept clean which also play a huge role for myself since it is perfect to be in a nice clean space. I love how I feel safe in school and around campus. I do believe the only thing that needs to change is that there needs to be more clubs.
Saint Xavier University has given me all of the tools to be successful in whichever career path I choose to go into.
As a first year student at Saint Xavier, I am glad to say that it has been a wonderful experience thus far. I have met such wonderful friends, and the staff are amazing helpers. There is always someone who can help with anything anyone might need. I really like the fact that the school feels like a second home. Everyone feels welcomed and people seem to enjoy to spend a lot of their time on campus with friends. Something I would like to see changed is maybe add other clubs like sororities and fraternities like many other campuses have.
I enjoy the atmosphere of the campus and the people are very friendly. It is pretty small, but seems very much like home. The campus is beautiful and easy to get around. The professors are very relatable and, 9 times out of 10, will do everything in their power to help you if you are struggling.
I love that SXU allows Admitted High School Seniors shadow different classes. It is a nice sized campus that offers so much for its students and future students.
I transferred to Saint Xavier University after attending a local community college and my transfer process was excellent! While working on my associates degree, I was able to take classes that easily transferred over to fulfill my bachelors degree requirements. This was very helpful to me because I didn't want to be put back in the 4 year college track. Saint Xavier also offers many scholarships and makes it very easy to set up a non interest payment plan throughout the year. What I would change about the school is that I would offer a greater variety of courses. I would also enjoy having more lounge space in the hallways since many of the students and myself are commuters. Furthermore, I would recommend the school to invest in finding a way to add more parking space because parking is always filled and very hard to find. Overall, I really enjoy the atmosphere and the small school setting, because the professors, students, and alumni are very welcoming and kind.
Saint Xavier is an excellent school when it comes to resources. The school has a large research database that can aid students in their research papers and projects. They also offer very good scholarships and financial aid to those attending. The professors are generally of high standard and are quite exceptional. All the professors I have are very open to help their students with any questions or any concerns they might have. They even encourage students to ask questions because "the stupid questions are those not asked." The campus is beautiful and wide-ranged. The diner, student lounge, library, and study rooms are all open to students who want to socialize, study or do both. There's a Starbucks, a convenience store, and a "snack shack" on campus as well. Saint Xavier is a very nice university for people wanting to receive a lot for their investment in a higher education.
Saint Xavier is a great university-- academics, athletics, and social events make your college experience exciting. As I feel, it may feel like more like high school...small and local (Chicago). Everyone makes new students feel welcomed, despite the diversity the campus brings. Overall, highly recommended university. Definitely feels like home.
Start Your Review of Saint Xavier University
As a current student at SXU I can attest that this school does its best to help others and make their college experience the best it can be. I believe that having events on the weekends would help in the community and bring people the opportunity to get to know people and be involved in their free time away from the busy school week.
I love the small class sizes and the professors are very willing to give you one on one help. They have a lot of fun clubs and programs that help you become a successful graduate. Overall the student body is very open and friendly and game nights are the best. Since this is a private school the tuition is pretty high and it increases by a $1,000.00 every year. This is ludicrous in my opinion but it is apparently a necessity for the university. The records and advising is a very helpful office and I recommend using their resources whenever available. Although, I found that there is a disconnect between the financial aid office and this one regarding the compatibility of certain majors. Even though there is a disconnect the staff in these offices are extremely nice and helpful. Also there are some programs such as SSP that assist in helping first generation students and I found them to be helpful. This program also offers financial aid to its participants each fall and spring semester.
Throughout my first year here at Saint X I have had some very interesting experiences. The academic branch of this school is amazing they really prepare you for your field. I'm also apart of the football team here and the atmosphere on game day is amazing. This school is perfect for me something I think should change is the food in the cafe.