Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Reviews

Saint Mary’s is a great school that has really helped me to reach my full academic potential. However, there are a lot of issues many students along with myself have encountered with the school from a financial, social, and academic standpoint.
I have never had a community that has cared about me as an individual as much as Saint Mary's has. While the food is poor, the atmosphere is amazing and everyone is incredibly supportive.
St. Mary's University of Minnesota is located in a beautiful part of Winona, Minnesota. The nature scenery is amazing, but unfortunately there aren't many places surrounding the university to walk or bike to. It is 10 minutes from downtown Winona, which is a cute little town. There are buses that transport students to and from downtown. The atmosphere is very conservative and optimistic. All of professors care about each of their students as individuals. For the most part, the students of Saint Mary's are kind and pretty social. There isn't much diversity, but it isn't too bad. The dorms are all nice and close to classes so it makes it convenient to wake up and go to class 5-10 minutes before it starts. As far as parties, there are house parties and small gatherings in the dorms. Although campus safety makes it difficult for people to throw parties, it makes for a very safe environment on campus.
Start Your Review of Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
During my experience I stayed with a group of juniors that showed me around the campus and they were representing the school very nicely. The head track and field coach took time out of his day to give me a tour around and included lunch and dinner for the overnight visit that I was on.
I have been going to saint Mary's for a year. It is a great school for someone on a budget but who still wants an advanced degree. Staff and faculty are all helpful to academic matters and any question students may have. The application process is fast and straightforward and one can enroll at any times as they do terms not semesters.
Beautiful campus in the bluffs, small campus feel but not too small. The community is great and all of the professors are there to help at all times.
Overall, a good school. Small classes were the best part of Saint Mary's. The staff everywhere are nice. There are many parts of the campus that could use improvement.
Class sizes are small and very interactive for a wide variety of learning experiences. There are many resources that are very accessible to students. The campus is beautiful!
So far, I'm really enjoying my experience at Saint Mary's University! I am an online student and the school provided me with an iPad, which is so great. The class structure is easy to understand and the professors are typically very quick to respond to any questions or concerns. I do wish we were able to take more than one class at a time, but I can understand why the university does not allow it.
There isn't much to do unless one is over the age of 21.
Since it's a small town there aren't a lot of parties and if there are, some are lame or not everyone knows about them.
It would be nice to have more courses as options.
I heard stories that the school wasn't very diverse until last year in 2015 which was the first year that SMU had a lot of diverse students.
it's perfectly safe, there aren't a lot of interactions.
I love the professors. I like how the professors are intellectually challenging and keep you on your toes. They seem to care and always offer to help students in order for us to succeed. I am appreciative of them.
there is a lot of support and these sort of things don't happen too often.
I can't complain about the living environment at SMU. The rooms are good enough to sleep in, the rooms I have gotten from last year were nice and spacious.
Start Your Review of Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
There is a good amount of students, faculty and parents that attend the home games, they aren't very crowded but people do show up to watch the vents.
In my opinion I feel like the University's tuition is too high for what it really has to offer. We could use more programs and a more active student life Because there aren't many applicants, campus seems dead most of the time. Other than that the professors are great and students are friendly.
The courses are excellent, and the professors are as well. The professors know your name and help you the best they can.