Saint Mary's College of California is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I (without football)
West Coast Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.63 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.65 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.64 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.64 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.86 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.35 responses
Saint Mary's College of California Reviews
Overall I have loved going to school at Saint Mary's! I have met so many people and because it is a small school I feel like I really get to know my professors. There are lots of events on campus and I feel like the staff truly try and accomodate students. There is a new, awesome rec center! Because it is a small school, there aren't as many opportunities socially such as fraternities and sororities, which is disappointing. I also wish there were more food options on campus. Lots of the buildings on campus are very out dated because it is such an old school. There isn't much to do in the area, so you have to drive to get lots of places, which makes it hard if you don't have a car.
Communication is poor throughout the campus. Some departments are super helpful, however others are extremely difficult to work with. I find that they focus their attention towards incoming students rather than honing relationships and allowing current students to be successful. This school tries to look prestigious and extremely concerned for their students, but they typically are not. That is not to say every department is unhelpful, however it has been a trend that the focus is solely on first years and prospective students rather than the ones who attend and pay for the college currently.
Being at Saint Mary's College has been a great experience for me. While it was hard at first to try and socialize with others, especially those of my peers, I quickly learned that it was quite easy to interact with everyone around. That is because most of the students there are like me: many feel shy at times; they sometimes struggle with finances and keeping up their grades; and are even confused about day-to-day occurrences like current events or how to write a proper essay. Being able to relate to such people has allowed me to feel like it is okay to make mistakes and be confused, because there are others that are probably feeling the same way as I do. This college has helped me better interact with other students and better understand what I can do to better myself. I feel like this campus is like a second home to me.