High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.40 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.39 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.56 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
Saint Mary's College - Indiana Reviews
I chose Saint Mary's for the same reason most people do, we didn't get into Notre Dame and thought it'd be easier to transfer from SMC. That rumor is false, I've spoken extensively with Notre Dame transfer admissions and they are adamant that going to Saint Mary's doesn't increase your transfer chances. If you aren't a nursing or bio major, there's no help for your major. The administration is incredibly rude and unhelpful. There is no variety in food, the same meals are served over and over again and are never fully cooked. Several girls have gotten horrible food poisoning from undercooked meat. There's a crazy amount of drinking, drugs and sex for an all girl's catholic school.The Sophia Program takes ALL FOUR YEARS to complete! You have to take a ridiculous amount of classes that aren't related to your major and mess up your schedule. The Sophia Program, lack of help for my major, rude administration, frozen hellscape for 4 months and rancid food have me running for the hills.
I recently just transferred here, and so far its been great! The classes are small, so you really get to create one on one relationships with your professors. The dining hall food is really awful, and you have to live on campus all 4 years unless you want your scholarship taken away. However, the academic part is great!
I liked that it was a smaller college. I enjoyed that I had an opportunity to get the big college experience by being at the sister school to Notre Dame, but came back to my campus for a more cozier feel. My professors were great. I wish that they had a transition plan for first year students. I struggled a little and was discouraged by the Dean of the program from completing a degree program that I initially wanted to. I wish it were more diverse. the diversity on campus was lacking. There really isn't a push to recruit a diverse population of students at my school. I hope to see that change in the future.