Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences Reviews

I have met some amazing people while attending Saint Luke's nursing school. Although this is the most challenging thing I have done, I feel thankful that Saint Luke's gave me the opportunity to pursue my dream to be a nurse.
Saint Lukes is a great place to learn, the staff and environment is the best. They go to all measures to help you succeed!
Start Your Review of Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences
I feel very safe on campus
The internet on campus or in classrooms can be fickle at times, it is a problem when classes require in class participation on a website. If you don't have internet, you can't participate and may have points taken off.
It is great because the housing can be as close as on campus, one street over, or if you choose to you can live farther in apartments that have deals for students.
Parking is limited. If you want a spot you have to get there early.
Our campus is unlike most others. We dont really have security, everything is in one building and controlled access.
I am proud to have been accepted here and can not wait to finish my degree!
We have great access to reliable, working computers.
I'm non-traditional returning student, so I don't have a night life.
Although the campus serves student's academic needs, and the simulation lab is state of the art, the class sizes are increasing and the internal space of the building isn't adequate for this increase.
If the weather is too bad for driving conditions classes will get cancelled.
The college campus is safe during school hours, I cannot speak for after hours safety although the campus is gated after hours which adds to its safety. College orientation includes a meet and greet with local law enforcement who provide their numbers and safety tips to help ensure all of our safety.
It is fairly easy to get into the nursing major if you have good grades. I found it helpful that I had hospital experience prior to nursing school. Tips for admission would be to focus on your admission essay and be sure to talk up your strengths.
Mostly girls. We have probably 7-10 guys.. its nursing school. Everyone is pretty friendly.
Very Competitive – Nursing school is very competitive to get into. It requires multiple essays, recommendations, and extremely good grades. If you don't have a 4.0, experience and great recommendations are what will make up the difference. There is an online application process that we had to work through. We had to enter every single past course number, name, and grade. For me, I have another degree, so I had to enter 127 hours worth of information even though our transcripts had to be sent in as well.
Start Your Review of Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences
Not Really a Campus – I am in a nursing school program so it truly is just a bulding that houses the facilities for the programs that share the building. There are not enough restrooms, not enough outlets, and not enough tables in the common area to eat at or use your computer. The school does have many traditions though, including a ceremony entering into the profession of nursing at the very beginning of the program where each student receives a pin and signs an oath. The library is ok, but very outdated. The computers are extremely old as well as the printers.
Didn't Consider a Lot of Things – I go to a school that up until last year offered only a Bachelors in Nursing. Now, they offer a Masters program, a radiology, physical therapy, and occupational program as well. They have contacts within the community for us to be able to have a diverse experience of clinicals and different patient populations. We have teachers that have been there for a very long time that brings a nice consistency as well as occassional new faculty that provide a fresh outlook. It is one of the top nursing programs in the KC Metropolitan. We just moved to a new facility though and many things were not thought about when they renovated the building. There is no bathroom on the basement level where the majority of the classrooms are and there are very limited outlets for students to plug their laptops into, which makes class very frustrating.