Saint Joseph's University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.63 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.66 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.66 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.81 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.100 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.43 responses
Saint Joseph's University Reviews
Saint Joseph's University is a well balanced 4-year university. It's location is ideal, only a quick trip into Philadelphia, but offers a large, green campus to make you feel at home. There are many near by towns that offer fun things to do, but the campus life is HUGE. There are so many ways to get involved! The academics are fair. You truly get a liberal arts experience, taking courses in all different areas of studies. The business school is career driven which is a huge positive, having a focus on getting a job in the future. SJU is a perfect size to make you feel welcome and help you step out of your comfort zone. It has about 5,000 undergraduate students allowing it to feel big and small all at the same time. Additionally, there is a large focus on service and the Jesuit ideals, allowing students to be immersed in it, but also allowing them to decipher if they want to be involved in that aspect.
Choosing to attend Saint Joe's for my undergraduate degree was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The class sizes are small and intimate, allowing for professors to work closely with their students. Classes are never taught by TAs and most of the professors have doctorate degrees in the field that they are teaching in. They are approachable and always happy to help out. There is always something to do on campus, whether it be a sporting event, club meeting, party, or University sponsored event, and the city is only a short train ride away! We have a phenomenal business school, and our Risk Management program is the best in the country. Our liberal arts program is also top notch. For those wanting to enter the medical field, SJU is connected to Thomas Jefferson University and offers some accelerated masters and doctorate programs. Many students are able to travel abroad or participate in a co-op. SJU truly is an incredible school!
This is a great university. Even as a minority, I have loved my experience. In terms of developing skills and becoming a professional, this school is on target. The aspects of and experiences to develop service and leadership skills are endless and infinitely valuable!