St. Joseph's College - Long Island Reviews

Not much to do besides class Greek life or sports. No one us ever on campus beecause is s commuter school
St. Josephs college is a great college for those who are serious about their academics. The campus is nice and the class sizes are small usually up to 25 students. Your professors will know you by name and they are usually very helpful and considerate. The only thing I would change about sjc is that there is little opportunity for a fun social life here because it is a commuter school without dorming it is a bit harder to meet new people.
St. Joseph's College prepared me for the career I have to today, and made me want to continue my education by obtaining my Master's, which will then create even more wonderful opportunities in the future for me. Education has always been my passion and this college was and is still a top rated school for education majors because of the great courses they offer. There are so many professors who made me realize my potential in becoming an educator and gave me all the help I needed to be successful. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for the education I received from St. Joseph's College.
Review St. Joseph's College - Long Island
This is a very good college to attend. All of my professors are very engaging and knowledgeable about the subjects that they teach. I am currently going for business administration with a minor in economics. This is a great major of study and this college made me very passionate. The student body is pretty friendly and they are very goal driven. However, there is a real lack of diversity on the campus. You have to come from a white, Christian background to get the most out of this college. You also have to be very involved which is great but it costs a lot of money. Unfortunately, not many students work here and I feel that working a job that you love can really influence your major. The career center has been very good so far in terms of heling me with a summer internship.
St. Joseph's is not a community college and it's not an uptight Ivory Tower. It's a driven, private college on the South Shore, LI in a vibrant area.
This place is cool. You'll notice this aura of confidence people have on campus. Like a 'we're doing this thing right' sort of thing.
So I'm currently in the Child Study Program and the coursework is dense but doable. Theres a theory application strategy they use to help us perceive things fundamentally. And there are periodic career assessments to assist with our trajectory.
There's also a good balance of Student Life here too. Lots of college life programs to join (clubs, religious & cultural orgs., etc...). and connect with peers.
Intimate campus. Small classes. Invested professors. Very safe. Plenty of clubs and organizations available.
St. Joseph's College - Long Island is a great commuter school! When you step onto the campus from the parking lot you are immediately intrigued what the day is going to bring to you. There are many opportunities to get involved in Greek life, intramural sports, school spirit and a bunch of clubs!
They will be adding residential living in the next 2 years which will be a great add on to the school. Something I would like to see different is updated cafeteria food. The menu never changes and you have to always go off campus for food which makes it harder to stay involved in whats happening in the school.
security and administation is always around incase there is an emergency.
very helpful when it comes to internships and work studys.
Night life is okay, it is a commuter school so the bars arent too far.
Over all my process into gettting into that school was relatively easy. Once I got in all the paper work and spoke to who i needed to speak to they were very quick with the paper work and infromation I needed to have. I wish financial aid was better for their students and they gave more opportunities for scholarships. The registartion part was relatively easy, sometimes it can get confusing but staff and professors are helpful. Workload is sometimes very hard and tedious...each professor is different. Some classes are defenitely pointless at times but overall the classes are helpful and will help in your life of study. Child study is one of the most popular areas of study that the school focuses on.
I think the school as whole is perdominantly white, and since it is a catholic school, many students are catholic, however the school is pretty diverse and open. I Have seen many students from different backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities.
I know that many students smoke Marijuana and drink alcohol but I have never seen anyone and I myself do not involve myself with those things. However they are very available if students want them.
Both my quest for meaning classes (basic ) and my Child Study classes have been pretty positive. Some are defenitely harder than others however, professors are always willing to help. Class sized are small and very one on one. The biggest amount of people in a class I have seen is about 30 for a music class, the rest have been 20 or less.
I never have felt unsafe on campus, and there are more than a few places to go if there is an emergency. Security is also constanlty driving around and making sure everying is going smoothly.
I have for many years been in and out of a few colleges and this has been the only college where I have felt at home and comfortable. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for something small and more one on one. Especially for people trying to persue something in the educational world. This school makes me feel like I am making a difference in my carrer path as well as accomplishing personal goals. Everyone has been nothing but helpful and understanding. As a student here you are exposed to many learning expericences and many people who give you the opportunity to achieve new things whether it be through internships or alumni the opportunites here are endless and can be accomplished and found through many outlets the school has to offer.
For a small school they do a great job and promoting and having people become involved in their sports and their events.
Review St. Joseph's College - Long Island
I am a transfer students and so far I have nothing but great things to say about the school. The teachers and my classes have been amazing. All our professoers have been very understanding. I was very picky about what school I wanted to attend and how I was going to go about the process since i am not the average aged college studnent. I am glad I made this choice. The only thing I wish they had was the opportunity for more scholarshops and financial aid.
St.Joseph's College seems to be pretty safe. The health of the student's is fantastic and if someone gets injured or sick very quickly security is on top of it right away!
There is no Campus Housing at St. Joseph's College- Long Island (yet)