University of Saint Joseph Reviews

My experience at University of Saint Joseph has been very good because they take their time to reach out to all their students, the class are very small which I like because I tend to ask more question without having fear also it a all women college and I feel more powerful in saying and giving my opinion. Once you go here you would love all the activities, the school, the professor , and everyone here.
I am glad that I transferred to USJ. The professors and students are very friendly and I love the welcoming environment. The sciences are great here, you will love the classes and teaching.
This school has a beautifully welcoming community. Everyone here is interested and invested in your success as a student and future career-woman. Class sizes are small allowing me to get to know my professors and classmates on a personal level. This comes in handy when its essay or test time because i have a ton of resources to go to. I also love the CAE at this school, also known as the Center of Academic Excellence. The tutors have very flexible hours and the ability to get help as a group comes in handy because you have other students experiencing similar challenges in the same class. At USJ you are challenged, encouraged, empowered, and inspired to achieve so much more.
Review Your College
I had an amazing experience at the University of Saint Joseph as an undergraduate student. Although the school is not always the top of prospective students' lists due to the all female aspect, this should actually be seen as a positive of the institution. This school produces strong female leaders that are ready to go out and make a difference in the world. The class sizes are small and the professors are dedicated to helping you succeed. I believe in this institution so much that I will be continuing my graduate studies in the inaugural Physician Assistant Program at USJ starting this winter.
University of Saint Joseph gets a fabulous representation for their nursing program and has a very good stigma going on for them.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I feel like here I have a place to blossom and be myself. Everybody here is very accepting and willing to help each other out which creates a lot of close bonds with everybody. Being at an all girls school is very different but it is totally worth it in a long run because of that focus on education.
Campus safety is always around and is always there for any student. Even at night if a student doesn't feel safe walking by themselves they are happy to assist them by walking with them just to give them that assurance. It is always a very quiet campus, and a big thanks for campus safety making that happen and giving me a feeling of safety when I'm around campus.
Dorm rooms are fairly small with little to no space. Beds are very uncomfortable. There is no central air and they do not allow AC in dorms. They do not allow a lot of things including extension cords, tapestry, candles, etc. Everything is kept very clean though.
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
Athletics is not very popular at this school and definitely not what we are known for. The teams are okay and there is a good sense of teamwork though. We do not have much for athletics here and the gym is quite small.
It is overall a very quiet and laid back school. There could be more events and activities to look forward to, but other than that it is a good school.
I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE MUCH BECAUSE I DO NOT PLAY SPORTS.
THE SCHOOL IS SMALL BUT IT FEELS LIKE ANOTHER HOME.
So far, my experience has been okay. The staff are very approachable and friendly. I feel as though I will be very prepared once I graduate from my program.
My overall experience so far at USJ honestly hasnt been much since im starting in august, however, my experience with meeting all staff there has been awesome. Everyone there seems extremely nice, friendly and helpful. They all seem as though they genuinely care.
The University of Saint Joseph has many athletics on campus. Some of the athletics include soccer, volleyball, basketball, and lacrosse. Many students love those particular sports ans attend the games that they have, I am not one of those students. Studying, work and motherhood take up all of my time.
There is only a small gym on my branch campus and most students do not utilize it because of its small size.
It sucks professor are not supportive
Review Your College
As far as I am aware there is very little crime on campus and I always feel safe walking around campus. Because we are near Hartford we do need to be careful off campus but public safety is there to escort us as needed.
There could be more jobs and interview opportunities on campus and I can be hard to find what jobs are available. However their are resources that you can go to help you improve your chances of getting a job and an internship.
  • Mar 25 2016
  • Value
I enjoy learning under all of my teachers and know that I can go to them for help and advise. The teachers do their best to help all the students in the classroom and keep the material easy to follow and interesting.