COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Saint Francis University has reopened to select admission tours following CDC guidelines and plans to resume in-person classes in the fall. Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf placed Cambria County, where the University is located, into the “Green Phase” of the statewide reopening guidelines on Friday, June 5, 2020. Learn More
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC+
Saint Francis University sits on a 600-acre mountain top campus in Loretto, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.
Faith, generosity, respect, discovery, and joy are in the SFU DNA attracting students (like you) with a passion to shape the world. It is the oldest Franciscan university in the country and like its namesake, St. Francis of Assisi, students travel a road of mission, purpose and values.
High-demand academic programs are offered in the health sciences, business, education, arts, and STEM fields. The programs combine rigorous, career-directed studies with a focus on personal and professional ethics.
Our students go on to become accountants, biologists, business owners, chemists, doctors, environmental engineers, lawyers, nurses, occupational therapists, physician assistants, and physical therapists to name just a few--and they carry their Franciscan values with them.
SFU is also home to 21 NCAA Division I Athletic teams recognized for academic excellence and sportsmanship.
Saint Francis University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.40 responses
Physician Assistant58 Graduates
Occupational Therapy38 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities31 Graduates
Health Professions26 Graduates
Exercise Physiology19 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies12 Graduates
Aviation Concentration (scholarships available)
Earn a bachelor's degree and your private/commercial pilot's license at the same time. Current students in the program are majoring in engineering, criminal justice and business while learning to fly. For example, Gabrielle Garritson of Texas, added the Aviation Concentration to her Criminal Justice major and hopes to pursue a future as an air surveillance pilot for the FBI.
- Comfortable in being themselves58%
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.45 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.53 responses
- Always willing to help students succeed36%
- Good student to professor ratio20%
- Home away from home4%
- Money Hungry4%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.19 responses