COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
St. Edward’s is committed to safe, personalized and vibrant experiences for our community. We'd love to welcome you to our beautiful campus right now, but health and safety are more important. We know your college search doesn’t stop, so we’ve added virtual experiences to help you get the full picture of life at St. Edward’s. We will resume on-campus tours as soon as it is safe for our community. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA-
Founded in 1885, St. Edward’s University is a nationally ranked, liberal arts university located in the heart of Austin, Texas.
We offer a highly personalized experience. From start to finish, our students work with a success coach to develop a personal roadmap for engaging fully in their education. We are a diverse community represented by many faiths, nations and walks of life, with partner universities across the globe. Our identity is shaped by our location in Austin — a world-class city of innovation, culture and opportunities. And we are an award-winning educational institution, recognized by our peers and organizations like U.S. News & World Report for what we offer our students — and what they accomplish with what they learn here.
Who we are is inspired by our Catholic founders, the Congregation of Holy Cross, who have educated students to think critically, act ethically and strive for social justice since the 1830s. We honor that mission, proudly and purposefully.
Saint Edward's University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.84 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.92 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.92 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.84 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.117 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.52 responses