Sacred Heart University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AA
Sacred Heart University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.55 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.54 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management117 Graduates
Athletic Training84 Graduates
Intervention and Treatment Professions55 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies46 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.71 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.86 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.44 responses
Sacred Heart University Reviews
All schools always say “we’re a tight-knit community and family”; yet, Sacred Heart University actually means it and shows it. There are so many opportunities at this school and I urge everyone to come see the spirit and support themselves!
During my fall semester, SHU helped me learn about myself, meet new people, step out of my comfort zone, and grow astronomically as a person. The beautiful campus, excellent faculty, and overall atmosphere come together to form a holistic environment in which a student feels motivated to be better. Though, it goes far beyond the simple fact that the school is building new facilities...any school can do that. Rather, its the culture that exists where the school itself is constantly striving to be better, which is why our mascot, the pioneer, is fitting. SHU is constantly pioneering what a college can be. Being a part of this truly makes a difference in the students' college experience. This is the ONLY SCHOOL that I visited that had this type of environment.
SHU is so damn expensive that it negates everything good about the school. They overcharge for absolutely everything throughout the 4 years. Tuition and every other fee goes up dramatically every year without financial aid increasing as well. Senior week is 600+ dollars, something that is free or significantly cheaper at other schools. Parking is expensive yet impossible to find. Housing is not great either. There aren’t many options for social life on the weekends unless you’re 21+ and willing to take a far uber ride.