Sacred Heart is a private, Catholic university located in Fairfield, Connecticut in the New York City Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 4,794 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Sacred Heart acceptance rate is 57%. Popular majors include Nursing, Athletic Training, and Psychology. Graduating 60% of students, Sacred Heart alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $44,700.
NCAA Division I-AA
Sacred Heart University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.55 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.54 responses
Most Popular Majors
Athletic Training122 Graduates
Business Administration and Management119 Graduates
Intervention and Treatment Professions86 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies56 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.71 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.86 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.44 responses
Sacred Heart University Reviews
SHU really is a home away from home. I came into college with a low esteem and low hopes for the future. Now I'm in and I am so sad to be graduating in a year, I was immediately greeted with love and warmth from the students and faculty. They raised me up and stuck by my side, they led me to believe that I really could achieve my goals. There is so much opportunity here too, there really is something for everyone!
All schools always say “we’re a tight-knit community and family”; yet, Sacred Heart University actually means it and shows it. There are so many opportunities at this school and I urge everyone to come see the spirit and support themselves!
Amazing school to go too! As a foreign student, Sacred Heart is like my second home. I made amazing friends and met outstanding people. Sacred Heart pushes you to be the best version of yourself. I am a member of numerous clubs and dance program is actually the best