Rutgers University - Newark Reviews

Its a good school with very good classes to choose from and a nice, caring staff. They have a campus that consist of classes that are close to each other so getting from class to class isn't an issue. They also have good programs and organizations that really benefit the school.
I like how Rutgers-Newark is diverse and how everyone is accepted no matter what gender,race, or ethnicity they are. I also like how the classroom sizes are small and intimate so students can have close relationships with the professor.
its more diversified university and close to NYC worlds biggest finance head quarters and expecting to get more opportunities. I have got a chance to meet athnicity from all over the world and learned so much.
Start Your Review of Rutgers University - Newark
Rutgers newark is extremely diverse and relatively safe for it being in Newark. The education is also affordable if you are an in state student and even if you are from out of state. The issues that I have with Rutgers is that the do not have enough sections for classes that many students need, this results in students having to register to classes they don't need in hopes of classes opening up. I don't know if this is a tactic or if there are just too many students but it is extremely inconvenient and annoying. The counselors are also generally not that helpful because you don't always get to meet with the one that your assigned to which makes the interaction impersonal.
Some of the professors are great. I would like more interaction with online professors. It can be frustrating trying to get in contact with professors for onlone courses. I wish there were more courses offered in class.
I love the diversity, the food, and the environment. But I’ll have to admit that parking, the majors, and the quality of professors needs improvement.
Rutgers is an excellent college to have on your resume when pursuing career opportunities. The school is well respected throughout the world. It is known as a first class institution that has produced highly successful people from all walks of life who have received degrees in all types of disciplines
Honestly, this college is great. I wish when they had events they took them more seriously. I feel like the vendors they hire are for high school or even middle school children instead of mature young adults. The education is challenging and great, the instructors all vary but want their students to succeed. I would recommend this college.
What I like most about Rutgers university Newark is its very diverse student body and how welcoming it is. However as an improvement I would improve the campus's aesthetics as much of it is run down and many areas require landscaping as they are over grown.
It is a really cool place to hangout and learn. It is a different experience and helps a lot. Working with other people and having that experience is very fun. You will see things you have never seen before. Rutgers is very engaging and helps with many different things. The programs offered and the things you can do are important, and very engaging.
I love the diversity, how local the campuses is that it only takes 5 minutes to get to each class. An amazing school!
I consider the three years I spent studying at Rutgers University-Newark some of the best years of my life. During my time, I had met some of the most impressionable and kindest professors and humans I have ever encountered! Great university!
Rutgers University has been an enjoyable experience so far. The university itself is very dedicated in helping the students achieve their goals. The professors are very helpful and make sure that their students are learning things that they can actually use in the long run. The campus is very diverse and it has many events and clubs to join.
Honestly, the school does not function very efficiently. The business school is great, yet the faculty that runs the university does an extremely poor job. The school is nice and so are most of the professors, yet the executive committee running the school is horrendous because of how poorly they work. Their entire system and though processes for their offices are super bad. They don't know how to be organized and on top of that, the people are rude and can care less about you. There are only a handful of people I have personally seen that truly care. The rest just get by the day and "do their jobs." The people suck, school is nice. They need a new management change asap.
Very happy so far, but only in first semester. Very well organized. Everyone seems to care about the students here.
Rutgers Newark is a very diverse university. The environment is safe and I enjoy coming to class. The professors are well qualified.
Rutger University- Newark is what you make of it for the most part. If you are looking for resources and opportunities, you can definitely find that (you may run into some very unfriendly staff along the way, however the professors are generally caring and super knowledgeable). If you are looking for long term friends (the campus is diverse) or just the party scene, you will find it. However, what you will not find is school spirit or a definite scene of safety (which is one of the biggest take aways, many dormers opt to go home on weekends). But it is what you make it, you can have fun, learn, and experience here if you want it.
Start Your Review of Rutgers University - Newark
I like how small it is and enormous the diversity. This is my second year and I'm looking forward to OAS and the other programs
I wanted to have a new experience when it came to college. I went to school where I was the minority. When I got to Rutgers-Newark, I felt that I was part of a new family. I never regretted the decision I made to attend this urban yet fun university!
I am not a fan of commuting but there is no way I would live on campus. Newark is the below average school, I am really focusing on going to New Brunswick next semester. The proximity of the buildings is really the only positive.