Rutgers University - Newark Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.79 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.81 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.80 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies194 Graduates
Logistics and Supply Chain Management109 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services102 Graduates
Business Administration and Management47 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.89 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.100 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.59 responses
Rutgers University - Newark Reviews
The campus is extremely diverse! Great crowd and great education system. The professors are easy to work with as they are extremely helpful. There are a lot of courses in the school system; although, the main ones that are important usually get full easily. However, the school is amazing. Although the neighborhood isn't too great, the campus seems to keep their students safe as possible with security.
I consider the three years I spent studying at Rutgers University-Newark some of the best years of my life. During my time, I had met some of the most impressionable and kindest professors and humans I have ever encountered! Great university!
This school is great for what it's worth. The tuition of going to another school for a year is equivalent to going to Rutgers for four years, specifically because of its ease of commuting. This school also has the unique quality of being extremely diverse, arguably the most diverse in the nation. Being in this school forces you to be open-minded about different ideologies, people, cultures, religions, races, genders, etc. This school also has connections to huge financial firms, if you are interested in business.