Rutgers University - Newark is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
New Jersey Athletic Conference
Rutgers University - Newark Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.79 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.84 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.83 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies194 Graduates
Logistics and Supply Chain Management109 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services102 Graduates
Business Administration and Management47 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.92 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.103 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.59 responses
Rutgers University - Newark Reviews
Rutgers University is a great college for students looking for diversity, great education, and an overall amazing college experience. Throughout my year and a half at Rutgers, Newark I’ve enjoyed the diversity of my peers, the amazing professors, and the curriculum taught on campus. Overall, I love attending Rutger University, everyone on campus from students to professors make my college experience as enjoyable as it can be. Rutgers University is dedicated to bettering their students and making them feel comfortable. Their exciting events held on campus to encourage students to have some fun here and there and take a break from the stress school can cause. Altogether, attending Rutgers University was one of the best decisions I’ve made and I’m excited to see how far they can help me excel in my future career path!
The campus is extremely diverse! Great crowd and great education system. The professors are easy to work with as they are extremely helpful. There are a lot of courses in the school system; although, the main ones that are important usually get full easily. However, the school is amazing. Although the neighborhood isn't too great, the campus seems to keep their students safe as possible with security.
Rutgers Newark is an amazing school. The school is extremely diverse and has activities for everyone on campus. The professors in my major, environmental science, are extremely knowledgeable and it's an honor to be taught by them. As a commuter, my only real issue is that there is never enough parking for the students. We always seem to be hit with tickets for the time passing on the meter, or the lots being full and just having nowhere to park. I also feel as if being a commuter makes it just a little harder for you to socialize while in school. There are not enough commuter related activities provided for us and sometimes that takes away from our college experience. Aside from being a commuter and having those few issues, Rutgers Newark is my school of choice and I am glad I transfered over from my pervious school in order to have the pleasure of attending Rutgers.