Academic and research powerhouse. Stellar faculty. Engaged students. Devotion to community. With 100+ majors, 175+ research centers, and 500+ student organizations, Rutgers–New Brunswick provides real-world experiences to prepare you for life. Plus, with our prime location, one hour or less from New York City and Philadelphia, you have access to the world's top employers and internships. Get ready for an unparalleled adventure!
Rutgers University - New Brunswick Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.347 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.400 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.399 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.489 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.573 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.260 responses
Rutgers University - New Brunswick Reviews
The campus, in my opinion, is beautiful and quite diverse. I have never seen a more diverse school. However, it is quite a party school with parties almost all the time.
The athletics at Rutgers aren't the best. Basketball is pretty good but not football.
Now about the on-campus living. The dorms, in my opinion, are pretty nice. Especially the ones on the Busch campus. They are nice and spacious and have good views. Campus food is not that great. Vegetarian options are limited.
The campus has a lot of things happening for you to participate in. It is lively.