Rowan University Reviews

1,457 reviews
I am a music major at Rowan University and I sure love the environment there. The professors are really helpful, the students are really nice, and the campus has no problems at all. Excellent school!
I like Rowan University for several reasons. The professors are teachers to make class interesting. I increased my GPA in just one year since attending Rowan. I believe it is because they have good teachers. The dorms are nice also so I feel more at home. The area is nice because even though I come from out of state, it's an easy drive. The area also good food places to choose from when you want to eat off campus.
Rowan University is an amazing campus and a great chance to get involved. At Rowan you get to always feel wanted and are always busy with activites.
Review Rowan University
Rowan is an overall great school. The people you'll meet there are wonderful and the professor are great. The cafe food sucks so you'll do a little of ordering out. Also the school is a back pack school meaning not a lot to do on the weekend because a lot if people go home.
Rowan is a medium-sized school that offers the perks of both small and large universities. The student life is great and filled with weekly activities and more than 200 organizations to choose from to join. The food is hit or miss, but isn't the worse college food I've ever had. The academic faculty, for the most part, genuinely care about the welfare and success of the students. The administrative faculty, on the other hand, should all be put through empathy and sensitivity training. Rowan is a great school, but its administration is extremely rude and needs to get back in touch with the needs of the students.
Overall a good school, but only caters towards the young ones. I am a continuing education student at 30 years old and they don't compensate or have classes for students like me who are working and/or have a family.
I enjoy going to Rowan university. It is a school with very well professors who sre good at what they teach. The teaching experience for the most part is much better than high school and I like the fact that the school is expanding every year.
Rowan is a great university because it has a balance between the learning experience in the classroom and outside of the classroom. They have opportunities to research, different activities, community service, etc.
I love the atmosphere at Rowan. You can tell everyone from students to educators and other staff truely care about the education the students receive while also understand the importance of having a fun and safe environment to learn in. Rowan is constantly putting new buildings up, including our new business and engineering buildings. Things I would change however include how difficult it is to sign up for classes to graduate on time and housing. With a school expanding so rapidly, Rowan really needs to make sure it's not forgetting about its currently students when making plans so admit more than they can handle.
From students to faculty, everyone at Rowan are friendly and helpful. Top quality professors. One problem is parking.
I'm currently a sophomore at Rowan University, so far my experience has been good. I had the opportunity to meet great people that are willing to help me anytime. They have a great writing center where they help to revise any essay or writing assignment you have. I also like their new business building they open this year. In the new business building, it has small conferences room, where students can go in there and study with their friends. Something I that Rowan could do better is the choice of food. They need to have more healthy food on campus.
Just okay. Convenient with two sides of street consisting of campus. Commute if you can. Dorming isn't fun
I have enjoyed my last two years at Rowan In NJ. Professors are cool. I dislike the parking at Rowan-it takes me 20 mins. sometimes to find parking.
Rowan University is a great school filled of small class sizes and great professors. The school has about 15,000 students but is slowly growing and is expected to have at least 20,000 students by the following school year. The campus is beautiful. There are many new buildings being built like a new business hall and apartments. There is a slight problem with parking. There is no where to park and you get tickets for almost anything. Overall Rowan is a great school to attend.
The Financial aid office very helpful. The Science teachers okay. It is located in a nice area. There is a lot to do around the college. There are a lot of volunteer and social opportunities offered for the students. The parking is a bit of a nightmare. They are expanding numbers of students quicker than they can expand size of campus.
I am currently a student at Rowan University. It is a very nice environment with a big campus and a large student population. The professors are professional, diligent, and passionate about their subjects. The university staff members are helpful and empathetic to student concerns, and address our needs promptly. However, as with any school, it is not perfect. The student population is too large for parking spaces. I am lucky to find parking on time, but I know many commuters have a difficult time parking their car due to a lack of space. I am also concerned with the recent rise of robberies and assault that has been happening around campus. These problems are addressed as soon as possible, however they are occurring on a near bi-weekly basis. All in all, while there are problems, the school does it best to address them and the education that the teachers provide is very good.
I transferred to Rowan in the Fall to pursue my dream of becoming a Math teacher. Although it wasn't in my favor, with recent curriculum changes required by the state, my 2 1/2 year transfer turned into a whole three years. Rowan's advisors have really been there for me since the beginning and although it was my choice to just get done faster and only get a BA in Math and skip the teaching certification, they were always able to understand where I was coming from. The campus is huge and constantly expanding and adding more things for campus life, but as a commuter it's all a bunch of nonsense and nothing ever matches which makes the campus look like someone threw a bunch of random buildings together.
Review Rowan University
Rowan feels like home. The faculty, staff, students, and alumni are all one big family. I never feel out of place when I'm at school. They have friendly, intelligent professors who want their students to succeed. It is an inexpensive school, especially considering their recent huge upgrades! They have brand new academic buildings, residence halls, retail locations, cafeterias, and athletic fields. The school is moving in the direction to become one of NJ's best schools. Highly Recommend!!
The professors here are really nice and helpful, and so are the advisors. Unfortunately if you're planning on housing on campus the housing office is always busy and can sometimes be snippy.
Rowan is a pretty good school and it is affordable. It is a research university so it has a lot of good facilities.