1,438 reviews
  1. Glassboro, NJ
  2. 4 Year

Rowan University Reviews

1,438 reviews
Rowan is a pretty good school and it is affordable. It is a research university so it has a lot of good facilities.
With my experiences at Rowan, I think that overall, the academics are amazing. I enjoy learning in the majority of my classes and I appreciate all the big and little things that I learn. I have had a lot of great professors and the campus is a good size for me. For the most part, I have had a nice and safe housing experience. The campus is around 30-40 minutes away from Philadelphia and student life can be a hit or miss depending on the semester and the events offered. Overall, it has been a pretty good college experience.
Rowan University is a very well put together university, that i would recommend to other incoming freshman or college kids. They have a lot of interacting activities through out the semesters and the academics and professors show interest in the students and their jobs to help fill us up with knowledge.
I was scared coming in but I've made friends, I enjoy my classes and living away from home has been a positive experience so far.
Attending a new college as a transfer student made me extremely nervous about the new school year. However, from the moment I stepped onto Rowan's campus, all of my worries vanished. My experience at Rowan University has been wonderful. I made a myriad of friends, joined clubs, and succeeded in all of my classes. Rowan University has expanded my knowledge and has increased my happiness.
When I went to Rowan I loved it. They are now under development and adding new college dorms, cafe's, night life, etc. There is so much to do at Rowan.
Rowan University has a very adaptable campus to me. Everything and anything I need is in walking distance and easily accessible. It personally took me a while to sit down and actually see what programs and help the school had to offer, but now I'm more aware of where and how to get the help I need. My first semester was definitely all on me, meaning I had to reach out to other people or resources. I'm still learning everyday that "closed mouths don't get fed". With these next few years to come, I plan on getting my GPA up by getting nothing less than a B in any of my classes. I'm am also an athlete on Rowan's women's Track and Field team. I absolutely love the support and motivation from my teammates and especially my coach, Ringo Adamson. My coach continues to motivate my and help me see into my future running with this track team. I enjoy this school very much because everything I need is easily accessible.
My only complaint would be the quality of the food.
good old Rowan U, I came in 3 and a half years ago as a young and dumb freshman, now just one semester away from graduation I start to look back at all the great times I had. Rowan has shaped me into who I am today. My experience of Rowan is mixed, I made life long friends and have experiences that I will remember for a life time, but at the same time it was not all that great. The campus itself is very "okay" slightly outdated but really not a major problem, the food sucks, straight up. Also the town of Glassboro hates the Rowan students and the local make it very clear that they do not like them. The party scene is what you make of it, if you wanna go out every night you can, if you wanna join greek you can, wanna go out once a week and not bee greek you can. Off campus housing is cheap and easy to get. Rowan is a great school recommend to anyone who wants a medium sized school and have fun and get a great education in the meantime.
Rowan University, in the suburb of Glassboro NJ is a upcoming commodity in the world of higher education. The classroom of Rowan is a very safe and welcoming haven with small class sizes and and easy to contact professors.I enjoy the initiatives taken for stress, mental health and sexual health headed by the wellness center right on campus. There is a organization we have call the PROS and every weekend there are events planned. Being an extroverted introvert this is great because I enjoy doing things with my friends but within close range of my "home". I reside in the new dorms called the Holly Pointe Commons and they are very convenient especially in times where there is in climate weather because there is a plethora of study rooms. However even though I am only a first semester student I would enjoy if we were more diverse in other areas rather than the sexual orientation aspect. Aforementioned Rowan University is definitely on its way to a legacy of greatness in every way.
Rowan University is a great bang for your buck. This place is expanding and growing a such a rapid rate. Education here is great and really competes with Rutgers University, all while being in a comfortable campus where everything is no more than a 15 minute walk away. The athletic teams are all D3 but are really good, good enough to compete in D-II or even D-I. Many great Professors and a good selection of majors. Variety of food on campus that doesn't make you want to throw up. Im so happy I decided to choose Rowan.
My time here thus far has been mediocre. Luckily, I have the opportunity to transfer in the Fall of 2017. For the love of God, make sure you visit your school and know everything there in and out before you enroll! My mistake, I didn't know much about Rowan - only that my sister goes here and it's reasonably priced. I decided to go to Rowan because I felt that it was appropriate. My sister goes there, so then the move-in day will be easier for my parents, from a cost perspective Rowan is a great investment, it all sort of made sense. I am not fond of the Southern Jersey atmosphere at all. To get to the point, I never toured the campus whatsoever. Was it my fault that I decided to enroll at a university before checking it out? Yes, I wouldn't contend that at all. It is my fault, and I wasted so much time and money. Let me make this clear, Rowan is definitely not the worst school in the world. They offer a good deal if it is the right school for YOU.
My experience at Rowan has been one that I will never forget. Being a part of greek life, on campus activities, and joining clubs I wouldn't want to be at any other school.
Rowan Is the type fo School you would look at and go "yeah this is for me," you challenge yourself to the largest extent at Rowan and do your best no matter what.
Emails with opportunities are frequently sent out.
  • College Junior
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
Very good engineering courses and professors.
Good campus security, poor area
Mediocre facilities and needs expansion.
You have such an easy transition from college to starting a job.
  • College Freshman
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The system made to give students their housing is awful. The buildings with the communal bathrooms are unsanitary and they should be done away with. No building has air at all, so in the summer you practically die of heat.
  • College Freshman
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
There is not as many greek housing opportunities here as there is in other schools.