- 4 Year
- TERRE HAUTE, IN
- Academicsgrade B+
- Valuegrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade B
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade B
- Professorsgrade A minus
- Locationgrade C+
- Dormsgrade B
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade A minus
- Safetygrade A minus
Founded in 1874, Rose Hulman Institute of Technology has been ranked the No. 1 undergraduate engineering college in the U.S. for over two decades. Our beautiful campus in west central Indiana is home to some of the nation’s best science, technology, engineering, and math students, faculty and facilities.
Here, your STEM education isn’t just about getting a degree, or even about getting a job (but we can pretty much guarantee you’ll get a great one). It’s about taking what you learn and applying it toward your passion. You’ll do that with professors who love to teach using real-world applications. Beginning your first year, you’ll have access to hands-on projects using state-of-the-art equipment. Our 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio means you’ll get to know your professors and they’ll get to know you.
So whether you want to match your mathematics major with your love of theater, or use a 3D printer to tinker with a project in our MakerLab, Rose-Hulman will help you make it happen.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Mechanical Engineering134 Graduates
- Computer Science79 Graduates
- Electrical Engineering54 Graduates
- Computer Hardware Engineering41 Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering37 Graduates
- Chemical Engineering35 Graduates
- Civil Engineering35 Graduates
- Computer Software Engineering23 Graduates
- Mathematics16 Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology9 Graduates
Two degrees, four years, one price! In the R2 program, you take graduate-level coursework while pursuing your undergraduate engineering education, allowing you to earn two degrees – a Bachelor of Science in engineering, math or science (BS) and a Master of Engineering Management (MEM) or other academic program – in just four years.
- Mix of Online and on Campus14%
- On Campus86%
- Nerdy but friendly60%
- Very intelligent students are there from all over.24%
- Some quite odd8%
- Extremely difficult, immensely rewarding.57%