Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.17 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.20 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.20 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering186 Graduates
Chemical Engineering64 Graduates
Computer Science57 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering52 Graduates
Civil Engineering38 Graduates
Computer Software Engineering37 Graduates
Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering34 Graduates
Computer Engineering26 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics24 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.33 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.34 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.12 responses
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology Reviews
This is THE best Engineering school. Professors are great and help students understand the material any time of day. The classes are the perfect size and their career services department went out of their way to help me land the perfect job. Though with the almost thousand companies coming to the campus during three job fairs it isn't really needed! I was welcomed by everyone and felt safe on campus. The food is now awesome thanks to locally sourced veggies and fruit, Some grown on campus. I love Rose-Hulman!
I enjoy the small campus environment; easy , short walk from Student Union to classes, dorms, indoor athletic center or administration building. I enjoy small class sizes and hands on approach to learning, as well as, a very academic environment, camaraderie, long standing school traditions and a strong alumni association. Rose concentrates on internship experiences and job placement. Some of the challenges are: The campus is located in Indiana(I live in NY), so going home on breaks is expensive and requires a bit of planning, although the food is good, I wish it were a little better(but all students say that?), also, not having a car on campus is limiting. All in all, I am enjoying my experience at Rose-Hulman.
Rose-Hulman is a very intense, high paced school and it isn't the college of choice for a lot of students. It takes a very tough, brave and driven student to succeed at Rose-Hulman. So many students go to Rose-Hulman believing they will breeze through the curriculum sort of like they did in high school or the student will try to balance all of their responsibilities on their own, which both are false hopes that lead to failing out or transferring schools. Rose-Hulman offers tremendous resources to allow students to succeed but it is a decision the student has to make-- to struggle alone or to struggle with the help of others.