1. Winter Park, FL
  2. 4 Year

Rollins College Reviews

Pretty good school. In regards of housing as long as your not in McKean it's good. Large divide in wealth as there are many kids on scholarships and others that pay upwards of 60k a year. Campus is beautiful and there are many options for food.
What I liked most about Rollins is the student to teacher ratio as well as it's location. It will give you a personal one on one with the teachers so you can get your questions answered. The location is full with stores and restaurants where you can get a job to earn a little extra cash. One thing i would like to see change is the residential life. I love everything but the sizes of the rooms. They feel very crowded and don't give enough personal space.
Rollins College is an amazing school! I recently took a tour of the campus and everything was absolutely lovely, from the great scenery to the way everyone treated me. Rollins is definitely at the top of my list!
There are two types of people at Rollins:
the ones who belong there, and the ones who don't.
I think Rollins college is one of the absolute worst places to go to college and start your life. If you are an overprivillaged douchebag with very basic and superficial values with no sense of real character and no actual intelligent ambitions, then Rollins is the place for you!
otherwise, if you are somebody who is trying to start their life, needs a challenge, wants to work passionately on their goals, wants to be surrounded by intellectual people, and is not looking for a mere high school 2.0 for 60 grand a year, then Rollins is probably the worst place in the entire world for you and will be an absolute disaster. you will love the location, the food, the surrounding town, and the availability of everything. but you will absolutely despise the student population with the deepest reaches of your soul. what a bunch of absolute waist of time people.
I was in love the minute I stepped on campus. After touring various colleges I just had a gut feeling Rollins was for me. Freshmen year I found myself involved with Crew as the Coxswain. By sophomore year I was traveling to Australia to study abroad at the University of Sydney and upon my return I had joined the Kappa Delta sorority. In my third year I worked to complete my Anthropology major and graduated a year early with honors. My experiences were life changing. Coming from a small town I was exposed to places and opinions I had never heard of. The professors were very accessible and knowledgeable. However with all of this being said, Rollins is extremely expensive even with a scholarship and for that kind of money you expect guidance with job searching and alumni connections. This was not the case. The return is just not there.
Great professors who care about your education. Beautiful campus location in the middle of downtown Winter Park and amazing swimming pool on Lake Virginia!
Rollins College is a great institution focused on providing education that forces individuals to look outside the box. It brings another definition to Liberal Arts by allowing students to explore their individual talents and aspirations.
Not only does Rollins College have an absoutely beatufyl campuls but the Academics are phoneminal. The profoessors actually care about you as a person and want you to succed. They are willing to assist you as you work your way through college. They dont look at you as a number but as an indivudual students with needs that differ from another student.
So far I've had a really pleasant experience with Rollins, I really like the professors and the academics that the school puts out. The study spaces are great for when I have to study and they're all over the campus. But being an off campus student it makes it harder for me to be here financially because the food here is amazing but it is really expensive. There is also a struggle for me to be at a few events that are required for freshmen because not only do I have work but the times where I would be at home and get a message about an event and I would not be able to go because it would be a half an hour to an hour drive (and I would miss the event entirely) and I would have to waste more gas going back to the school.
I overall love everything about this school. It is very "family-like." You can always go to anyone for help or aid, and since it is a smaller school, everyone knows you by your name, unlike the big universities. It is extremely nice, and you do get what you pay for.
Having a degree from Rollins definitely puts you a step ahead of other students from the surrounding schools. Rollins is a private college, and is known well for areas such as business, performing arts, international studies and more. I always hear about how a student who goes to Rollins rather than other schools like UCF, are always put as priority hen it comes to jobs. It is almost like a "title."
  • College Freshman
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
The school is located in the heart of Winter Park, which is a generally higher-class area. It is pretty safe. I haven't heard of any incidents thus far.
I am an off-campus student, but I have seen a variety of the dorms. They are relatively nicer than other schools.
  • College Freshman
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life is not huge at Rollins, since it is a small school. But, they are still relevant at the school.
I am not part of the athletics programs, however, the facilities are very nice and we have pretty good teams. I wish we had our own football team though. The school only lacks the "college football" aspect.
Overall, this school is awesome. It has everything you'd ever need in a college, however, that is only because you do get what you pay for. So, it is quite expensive to attend but definitely worthwhile.
One of the reasons I chose Rollins College is because of the prestige that comes with a Rollins diploma. I believe that it will be very easy for me to obtain a job out of college because of the many opportunities I will receive in my time as a student.
  • College Sophomore
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
My overall experience at Rollins College has been great. I really enjoy the classes I have taken and think that I have learned a lot about myself and the diverse world around me.
I have heard of way to many sexual assaults and alcohol related misconduct on the Rollins College campus that needs to change. It is unacceptable to feel unsafe to walk through your own dorm or around campus alone.
I believe the dorms at Rollins College are much nicer than many other colleges that I have been too.
  • College Sophomore