Riverside City College Reviews

1,035 reviews
RCC is a highly esteemed community college. Like all community colleges, it is incredibly affordable and the education is top notch. Every once in a while there is a bad professor, but most are easily accessible and are willing to help you understand any concepts. I've been at RCC for 2 years now and my biggest complaint is that there isn't much "student life" but that is simply the nature of community colleges.
So far my overall experience at Riverside City College has been great! I love the campus, I enjoy walking around and soaking in the rich history that this school has to offer. Classes for the most part are easy to get in. I did have some difficulty getting a biology class though. The staff are great and are passionate about their work and do want their students to succeed. I know the school host a wide range of services for the students such as work shops, guest speakers, tutoring and more. I've encountered many students, some fresh out of high school and some it's been a decade or more since they last open a textbook. However their motivation to succeed and get their associates degree or transfer to a four-year college is pretty inspiring. I myself am looking forward to transferring over to a four-year college I'm putting my experience at Riverside City College to good use.
Excellent school. Love the finished renovations, the professors are concerned and competent, and love the vast school campus, which is larger than the typical community college. If you're looking to save money while attending a great school, this is the one.
Review Your College
The school has many great instructors but they could expand on the parking because it takes too long to park.
Though I haven't been here too long I already hold great memories of college. I've enjoyed my time here so far and've felt really comfortable attending.
I enjoy how the professors and counselors at RCC care about their students. The school has great staff, programs, and resources for its students. Additional parking lots would be a huge improvement to the school.
For being a community college, RCC is probably one of the best colleges in CA. Out of about 25 professors that I have had, only 2 have made my experience in the classroom dreadful. The rest have offered courses that I have genuinely enjoyed and learned a lot from. Although it would be considered a commuter school, the school hosts plenty of activities, workshops, speakers, etc. But of course you have to be aware of these events and activities. Most students at RCC are motivated to complete their educational goals, whether it be getting their AA or transferring to a 4-year university. The library is usually packed during the last few weeks of each semester as most students prepare for finals.
New buildings were built !! GREAT FACILITY !! Awesome staff ! I just think that the health facility should be bigger and more accomodating because there are alot of students. Very diverse school ! School emails are always updated which informs students of new policies and regulations and deadlines.
I really enjoyed my educational experience at RCC. I feel the education you get their is worth more than you pay, because there are so many excellent teachers with extensive educational backgrounds.
I attended RCC for three years before graduating with an AS and transferring to a CSU. Students at RCC will get out of the school exactly what they put into it: if you care about your classes, if you show initiative and drive, and if you put effort into transferring and/or graduating, it is absolutely possible. However, most students are incredibly unmotivated and do not think beyond the next semester. That attitude can be infectious. Take it seriously, set goals, and you'll be miles ahead of most people there.
Loved it here. Professors were amazing and taught more than my high school teachers ever did. Never joined any clubs, but I met a lot of people and had a great time. Lots of opportunities for anyone and everyone to get a head. Band program is great, sports are good. Just lots of places to fit in. Only had two professors I didn't like, but even they were good at what they did.
I like that the application process is simple, but if I could change something it would be the entrance exams. Only have those who did poorly on their SAT's take the test.
Ive been a student of RCC's for the past year and find that the instructors teach at a level equivalent to the UC standards.
What I like about this school is the amount of support it has. Since I am in the two year contract program enrolling in my classes have been a very positive experience. I have been able to get in my classes without being in a waiting list, and have been able to get prior-registrations. There are different amount of classes with different hours so a student can choose classes what is more convenient for them.
I have not have enough experience to answer this question
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
So far my experience with the professors have been very positive. The professors are very passionate in what they are teaching;in addition, to trying to make a environment in where the students feels conformable asking questions. Also, I like how the majority of the professors tries to remember the students names regardless of having other students. The classes that I have taken so far are average sizes. The most students that have been in a class is 40 student and the least 18 students.
I have not had enough experience with this school to answer this particular question.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Review Your College
So far I have not gain enough experience in this particular question to answer. I have only taken one class in my major, which I really enjoy.
So far the school experience has been great in this Community College. The professors are very passionate in what they teach. This is what makes this school College experience amazing. What makes this school unique from other community college is the amount of supporting programs there are such as: SI program, Honors program, Cap program, and two year contact program and etc. In this school there are programs for anyone regardless of age and ethnicity. For this reason, I would choose this school all over again if I could.
Most classes are available in multiple time slots, but some more niche courses only have a single time slot, so you might have to tweak your personal schedule around them.