River Valley Community College Reviews

When I started taking classes with RVCC, every advisor I spoke to went above and beyond in helping me to succeed and they still are. When I struggle with financial, academic or home issues, each advisor I talked to was able to help me in some way. Most of my professors have been kind, understanding and made it their number one goal to help me achieve not only high grades but the skills I need as well.

I also appreciate that the teacher-student ratio is very well balanced. It is much easier to learn and to ask questions when there are only ten other students beside you. Each teacher (in my experience) has fully and completely answered any and all questions I’ve had and in good depth as well.

The only issue I have run into with RVCC is the financial aid department, as I do think they need to be a little more organized but they have proven to be helpful in one way or another especially in terms of reassurance and other options.
Great professors in the health science programs. They really want their students to succeed in their classes and chosen career paths.
My school is very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The advisors and professors are approachable. A lot of the students are returning adult learners which makes the environment calmer. Everyone is focused on their studies and there is less drama. I am in my second year of the nursing program and while there have been many changes in administration, the school runs smoothly and seems to be thriving. I am very proud of to be attending RVCC.
Start Your Review of River Valley Community College
Accredited associates degree nursing program prepares nurses to work in various niches. High NCLEX pass rate in 2011.
It's an amazing school they help with everything and they care about you and your education not just your money
It is easy to get to and the students/ Teachers are really cool. They are willing to help students to succeed at learning. The teachers are very helpful. Great learning experience.
The courses are amazing, they lay the foundations to create a solid understanding of the curriculum. It is fun and interesting and each professor has a unique teaching style that reflects their personality and is tailored to the students at the same time. The variety of course is great, the STEM program is growing each semester. Class sizes range from intimate to large groups.
I have already been offered jobs and internships while I am still attending college. There are so many options to find connections to employment and career services. Advisors are very willing to go above and beyond to help you seek out you r best fit and what you really are interested in.
Professors are willing to work with you to make accommodations as necessary. They understand that we all have lives outside of school and encourage us to ask for help when needed. There are even options in special circumstances for independent study accommodations.
The online course are set up on the student blackboard system. It is very easy to register. The workload is heavy yet manageable, the professors are very responsive to communication, and the peer to peer interaction is great using the online blackboard discussion board system.
The STEM and Liberal Arts programs at RVCC are absolutely engaging. They challenge you with assignments, the foundations built throughout each semester is amazing as it intertwines with any class you take. The Keene Campus is small yet it creates a sense of family. Their are many work study opportunities on campus, and summer internships for the science program.
This school is composed of many different individuals of all ages and walks of life. We have a Student Government Association that works to bring the student body together in student activities, community participation, and to listen to the ideas, questions, concerns of all students. The faculty and staff are very involved in each student's experience and are always available to talk to. RVCC will transform your life and bring you to your goals with hard work and dedication. My life has become so much more enriched over the past year since I have been attending this college. Opportunities to envision and design your future.
Wonderful and easy to understand
Good at helping people find jobs after college
Great at helping the students
I love the support from River Valley College
Because RVCC is so small its hard to find the classes at both campuses when you need them.
Start Your Review of River Valley Community College
Easy to use. System is occasionally down for maintenance.
I never saw any kind of career center or employers/job fairs connected with rvcc
It's hard to find a job after graduation.