River Parishes Community College Reviews

Most of the people there are from my old high school
They were very helpful in anyway they could be
The campus is very new it just opened this semester, i felt really good there and it made me seem like home
Review River Parishes Community College
It is really good considering its a community college
Most of the professors are very knowledgeable and can help in any way they can
most teachers are great teachers but some on the other hand are just there to collect a pay check
All the teachers are very noticeable of students in need of help and they can help out in any way
A man working in financial aid helped me alot. He answered my emails quickly and did all the paperwork necessary for me to obtain my grant money. It was no hassle. The tuition is not bad. It's not cheap, but other schools are worse.
My online course was awful. My teacher took her time answering my questions and getting back to me. She seemed uninterested in anything we learned.
Students are generally proud of their religion and political views.
There is a bridge connecting the seperate buildings and that area is so beautiful to look at every day. Theres birds, fish, and turtles all over. There's alot of dragon-flies around campus, too.
I liked that students werent allowed to waste paper by printing anything. We had to buy a card and add money onto it in order to print.
The main library is very tiny with minimal space, not enough tables or quiet in the room. There is a seperate computer lab, though.
The registration process was not always simple. I was kicked out of my final class once without knowing it. I had to get special permission from the Dean to get back into it.
My major focuses on biology. I took one biology class, loved the way my teacher taught, and I was hooked. She made me feel like the environment and the way things work together are incredibly beautiful.
At one point the online system changed and so my last school code was changed. In short, my records indicated that I went to a different college than I actually had. It took a few days to get it straightened out again.
Some of the teachers taught very well, but others should not be teaching anymore. A certain math teacher was horrible while another one was excellent.
Review River Parishes Community College
The school was very good about posting new jobs all of the time.
Some teachers are extremely lazy
I never took online courses before. I was scared because I thought they's be difficult to pass because there's no teacher in front of you, but one I started everything seemed to go smoothly. When you take online classes, your not as rushed to learn things. Each assignment has a given amount of time that's more than enough to learn the material. You can also log into your courses at anytime of the day gthat fits into your schedule. Communicating with the instructor and your classmates are easy. They're there to help you better understand the work and are just a click away!