Rio Salado College Reviews

My experience at Rio has been amazing. I love how the academic team helps you in anyway that they can, I love how anytime I have called for assistance they have gone out the way to help me. And most of all I appreciate the professors and how they have helped me make it to where I am today.
Very affordable and easy to be apart of. They offer many online classes and other opportunities for the students. Ive had positive experiences with the teachers and It is a great college to be apart of and learn from.
Overall, Rio Salado College is a decent 2-year college. The teachers are good, though some have communication issues, and it is incredibly affordable. One issue I did have at the school was an issue getting ahold of my councilor. My designated councilor changed often and most of them failed to respond to emails promptly. However, the Academic Advisement desk was fantastic and very, very helpful!
Start Your Review of Rio Salado College
Rio Salado College is one of the original online colleges offered to the Phoenix area. Although during the summer they have difficult office hours to work with, their website is self serving and easy to navigate. You can take a full online course or keep it low key and take just a few. This college makes getting life through the summer manageable while taking a few side classes.
This is an online university, rating an experience here would be hard. However, it is simple and flexible if you are a person like me with a backwards schedule and stress-free lifestyle. The only changes needed would be communication with students.
I really enjoy the online classes, but it can be difficult to actually find the class you want or need, and the block requirements take a bit of interpreting.
The advisors are very helpful, professional and friendly. The only issue I have experienced is the student website is difficult to navigate through.
I have been taking dual enrollment classes at Rio Salado College for two years now and am happy to report that because of them I am now able to start college in the fall as a sophomore instead of a freshman. Through Rio Salado's dual enrollment program I have earned ten college credits all before graduating high school. The credits I have eared were very affordable, I have already saved an estimated $4,000.
Rio Salado is accepting of all ages and their registered teachers are amazing! I am in high school and am enrolled in rio salado through dual enrollment and i have never had problems with their faculty and customer service.
Rio Salado not only offers me great academics, but the chance to chose from a lot of degrees and trade school like classes that can give me more options in what I want to do in life. I’m really leaning towards the medical side of school and though they don’t offer a lot in that category, I’d like to see change in more options for health care like degrees.
I've been taking classes at Rio Salado online for dual enrollment and I feel exceptionally prepared for university. Furthermore, the professors are great and the curriculum is easy to follow.
I chose Rio Salado College because I was able to take my lower level Education classes there before I transfer to a college for student teaching. The professors are all very good, but the classes are very repetitive. Curriculum could be addressed so that there was not so much overlap. In addition, it is very hard for a working student to speak to a counselor. You must leave a message, to be returned later. It is usually not possible for me to answer the phone when I am at work, so it sometimes takes days to resolve an issue.
It's definitely an average school. I think their in person classes are way better than the online classes. The online classes are hard and long for no reason. It is a community college so the cost is very fair and affordable for those who want to go to school but cannot afford such a large university.
The classes at Rio Salado are affordable and absolutely flexible. The staff is friendly and they make you feel like a valued member of their college. I was so happy to find a school flexible enough to allow me to take courses and still work full-time!
AN AWFUL SCHOOL. I had heard nothing but terrible things about this place, but I had to take a course with them to graduate. Almost wish I hadn't gone to the trouble. Enrolling in a class is the most difficult process I've ever encountered, and I've enrolled in several other colleges to take classes. The website to add/drop courses is horribly done, not intuitive at all. When I needed to sign up for concurrent enrollment, I called the first woman who then sent me to another, an alleged "specialist". Then, I was sent to another woman, because the first "specialist" said she couldn't help me. Took up a lot of time, and they didn't do a great job explaining things--what we needed, etc. For ONE CLASS? I finally got an email that I was enrolled in my class, and breathed a sigh of relief. Then, it turned out, they enrolled me for the wrong class. Don't waste your time. Try to enroll in Yavapai College, as that's the alternative option for most.
Worst school e-v-e-r!!!!! No wonder the graduation rate is at 7 percent. Incompetent instructors that accuse you and give ultimatums rather than collective criticism. They should lose their accreditation, for their sub-par, insubordinate so called faculty....what a joke!!! There are better alternatives out there. Don't waste your time on this nonsense, it's not worth the time, money, or aggravation.
I’m currently working on an associates degree for mobile application development. The classes have been challenging but the teachers are incredibly accessible. Any question you might have gets answered quickly. As a full time student, parent of two children under three, while working full time is difficult, the faculty do everything they can to help. I would recommend Rio Salado to anyone!
Start Your Review of Rio Salado College
I love the fact that I can do my classes online on my schedule. I like the fact that you can choose the start date for your classes. I wish they would do away with the semester blocks.
What I like about Rio Salado College, is that it is very affordable and the instructors are very helpful when you need help and they recommend tutors and they give you extra time to do your homework and turn it in.
Rio Salado is a great choice for online degree programs and certificates at the community college level. They have been doing online teaching for a long time and seem to have it down. I highly recommend Rio Salado College.