Rio Salado College Reviews

Rio Salado is a great choice for online degree programs and certificates at the community college level. They have been doing online teaching for a long time and seem to have it down. I highly recommend Rio Salado College.
The number of classes offered is great. They also offer multiple start dates for classes, making it easier for you to work around your schedule. The staff is super helpful too.
Rio Salado is an online college that is connected to the Maricopa Community Colleges. They provide a wide variety of classes that I could take in addition to other community college courses. Rio Salado is extremely convenient!
Start Your Review of Rio Salado College
Everytime I signed up for classes at this school I had to jump through hoops to get anything done. Their staff is not very knowledgeable and does not communicate very well from department to department. While it is convenient to take online classes, it is not convenient if you are using student loans for financial aid. I have been dropped several times from classes because of non communication between departments. I do not recommend this school.
Great school for those looking to take evening, night, or online courses to finish or start a degree path. Their Online classes contain the majority of their available catalog allowing you to set your own pace to rapidly progress thru to a finished degree...
I took Rio Salado courses online. The classes were easy to follow and my professors were courteous. The location of the campus is in a well-living area with a beautiful surrounding.
I took Rio Salado online classes and they were great. The instructors were very helpful and the classes are easy. I recommend Rio Salado Online classes for anyone that doesn't have the time to attend classes in-person.
This is a great college to get started and the availability was great. It was easy to get started and most of the counselors were helpful but a few did not know where to send me if I had questions that they could not answer. Overall it was a good experience and I will continue to use them with online courses in the future.
After many years of domestic violence and substance abuse and a near fatal suicide attempt, I found God and decided to get an education. My goal is to become an addictions counselor. I found exactly what i was looking for at Rio Salado community college. The staff is very helpful and have directed me in making the right choices. What i value most at Rio is that they honestly care about their students and are willing to help us reach our goals.
Good school to start off with. Flexible schedules that allow you to knock out electives and undergrad prerequisites.
You have to literally teach yourself everything, the teachers are a joke and they barely help. So if you want to pay for a classes to teach yourself, I highly recommend.
The best online college for those who work. Flexible schedules and supportive staff. Online resources and library make getting a degree available to those of us who must work and want to get a degree.
Rio Salado College is a strictly online college that caters to those individuals that need to complete a few courses for a degree or simply want to learn. The benefit of attending an online college is the ease of accessibility for those that are employed full time and/or have children. I personally loved how it was not structured like a typical college with spring and fall semesters, rather it allowed individuals the opportunity to start a class on any Monday of any week. I would like to see more involvement between Professors and students, especially regarding assignments and the desired requirements for each assignment. There seems to be a disconnection that does not allow students the chance to speak to their respective Professor unless done through email which entails the Professor to interpret what the student is trying to ask or convey.
The instructors at Rio Salado College prepare students for university level work. Although it is not taken advantage of enough, there are some great student life organizations such as NSLS and Phi Theta Kappa.
This is the worst college I've ever been a student of. Advisors aren't qualified, have unrealistic expectations, are incompetent, and don't model the same kind of work ethic they expect from their students. As a student of the Teacher In Residence program, the expectation was that the program knew I had a full-time job on top of attending school; however, they put me on some kind of academic conveyor belt and signed me up for four demanding classes. After working 20 hours/week for 13 weeks and getting mediocre feedback, I asked for more individual help from advisors and teachers who weren't willing to explain their expectations --they simply just reiterated the program diatribe. I would have gotten much more out of the program if they acted like human beings and treated me like a human being.
The staff are very friendly and involved, they want to see you succeed! They make the dual-enrollment process a lot easier to handle.
The advisor has been very helpful in helping me to return back to college so that I can pursue a career in the Para Legal field.
Start Your Review of Rio Salado College
THE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO BE ON CAMPUS FOR LECTURES AND CLINICALS. THERE ARE ONLINE CLASSES AS WELL THAT WILL OCCASIONALLY REQUIRE YOU TO BE ON CAMPUS. I HAD NO PROBLEMS TRANFERRING MY CREDITS TO RIO SALADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH ONLINE COURSES ARE GREAT! THEY ARE VERY CONVENIENT AND THE PROFESSORS ARE VERY PROMPT WITH ANY QUESTIONS I HAVE REGARDING THE COURSE MATERIAL.
RIO SALADO HAS MANY RESOURCES TO HELP IMPROVE YOUR RESUME AND INTERVIEWING SKILLS AS WELL. THEY WANT YOU TO REACH YOUR GOALS AND BECOME SUCCESSFUL.